Tower Heist [Blu-ray]
Blu-ray + Ultraviolet
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy lead an all-star cast in this hilarious comedy caper about a luxury condo manager (Stiller) who leads a staff of workers to seek payback on the Wall Street swindler (Alan Alda) who defrauded them. With only days until the billionaire gets away with the perfect crime, the unlikely crew of amateur thieves enlists the help of petty crook Slide (Murphy) to steal the $20 million they're sure is hidden in the penthouse. From the director of the Rush Hour series, "Tower Heist is so fun, it's criminal!" (Associated Press).
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
This is a low-tech version of "Ocean's 11," with another likable cast, a loathable villain, and a laudable cause. A wealthy shyster has squandered and lost billions, including the pension plan for the hard-working staff in The Tower, his ultra-elegant, supremely secure high-rise. It's fun to watch some earnest amateurs try to get their pensions back!
Here is the gold-plated cast:
* Eddie Murphy ("Chicago") has to be bailed out of jail; none of our heroes knows how to steal, so they need his professional advice.
* Ben Stiller ("Tropic Thunder") is the extraordinarily efficient manager of The Tower, organized, resourceful and loyal. It's that loyalty that drives him to even the score.
* Matthew Broderick ("The Producers") is a trader who just lost everything: his wife, his kids, his job, and now his home...but he sure has a knack for numbers!
* Michael Peña ("Crash") is a former Burger King counter man; he has just been hired to run an elevator in The Tower.
* Alan Alda ("Flash of Genius") is the penthouse-dwelling scumbag behind the Ponzi scheme.
* Casey Affleck ("Ocean's" franchise) cares more about the pending birth of his first child than he does about planning a robbery.
* Téa Leoni ("Ghost Town") is a smart FBI agent who has nothing but contempt for the crook who just might be getting away with it.
* Gabourney Sidibe ("Precious") is an immigrant from Jamaica. Her papa was a locksmith, so she learned the trade...
* Stephen Henderson ("The Good Heart") is the long-time doorman who gives us a face and a heart that represent all the powerless victims of Wall Street.
Combine a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, a cute little Brussels Griffon looking for a doggy treat, a funny script, great pacing, plus appealing stars, and you have an entertaining 104 minutes. No sweaty bodies, no profanity that I recall, only one (accidental but important!) gunshot, one fairly humorous vehicular chase and no blowie uppie stuff. A good PG-13 time is had by all! Get your DVD from Amazon.com.
I watched a rental copy here on Amazon.com 6 times then I bought the Blu-Ray/DVD copy so I could have it in my movie library.
Some of my favorite actors are in the movie, Ben Stiller, Eddy Murphy and Alan Alda.
The plot is clever and the ending is very unexpected. I won't go through the entire movie but in a nutshell, here's what happens.
Ben Stiller's character Josh Kovacs is the General Manager of a high priced condo building in New York called The Tower. Each unit in the building costs $5 million or more dollars and comes with a staff that caters to the owners 24/7. Arthur Shaw (Alan Alda) is a big time money manager who owns the penthouse apartment. Early in the movie, we see the FBI arrest Arthur Shaw for fraud and theft. We find out that Josh Kovacs had asked Arthur Shaw to manage the pension money for the staff at the Tower so everyone has lost their money. After one employee tries to commit suicide, Josh decides to take matters into his own hands and try to find Arthur Shaw's secret stash of money. He believes it could be hidden in a wall safe. So Josh recruits some of the other people in the building, employees and one former owner to help him break into Arthur Shaws apartment.
Without giving away the whole plot, the movie is about how they go about doing this and the ending is very unexpected. I really enjoyed this movie and I can't wait to get my copy from Amazon.com.
people, especially after paying 11-20 bucks for a movie ticket, 5 bucks on a soda and 9 bucks on popcorn, you kind of expect more than some movies are able to give. Ben Stiller was enjoyable, Casey Affleck is always fun, really loved Matthew Broderick and we really enjoyed the way everything played out. It was a just go with it kind of movie that you can just have fun with.