- Series: Getty Trust Publications : J. Paul Getty Museum
- Hardcover: 192 pages
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; Rev Exp edition (December 28, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0892362227
- ISBN-13: 978-0892362226
- Product Dimensions: 8.1 x 0.8 x 10.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,726,880 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Town of Hercules: A Buried Treasure Trove (Getty Trust Publications : J. Paul Getty Museum) Hardcover – December 28, 1995
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Pompeii receives all the popular attention as a buried city after a volcano's eruption, but Herculaneum, a small Italian resort town, was also consumed by lava. Numerous photos of the towns' restored villas and interiors are included in Deiss' recreation of daily life in the town. College-level students of archaeology, architecture and history will relish this account. -- Midwest Book Review
About the Author
Joseph Jay Deiss was vice-director of the American Academy in Rome and has written several historical novels and biographies. He is the author of Herculaneum: Italy's Buried Treasure, also published by the Getty Museum.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?