Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 25, 2017
All time classic Disney movie! My kids love it and still watch it 10 years later! Good life lessons such as the value of friendship and loyalty. This is one of my favorite Disney movies. I seem to enjoy it even more after I watch it. Disc was good- no scratches and didn't skip. It is a must see! TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!
2 helpful votes
on January 27, 2015
This is a review from my seven year old son who loves "Toy Story" more than any other movie.

"No matter how many times I watch Toy Story, I love it more and more each time. The characters are like my friends. I wonder what it would be like to have a real toy as your best friend. The movie has lots of different emotions in each scene. Each time I get a new character, I think of what I'm going to play next.

I recommend this movie because you really understand what the characters are feeling. If you haven't seen this movie, I would recommend you watch it immediately.

Each time I pick up the remote I think of watching Toy Story. I would recommend this for anyone who has a good side and an imagination."
11 comment|Report abuse
on September 14, 2016
Still stands as the best Pixar movie. I was a late comer to this but instantly fell in love with it. It's a shame Pixar hasn't but together a batch of ideas to out do this.
on November 11, 2015
Toy Story is a fun kids' movie about the adventures of toys when humans are not around. It's funny for kids and also has some adult humor. It does have dark moments with Sid, the kid next door who mutilates and destroys toys. His mother lets him buy rockets and he straps them to toys to blow them up. My kids find these parts a little scary, but they are short. I really like that this movie is very gender neutral, unlike most Disney movies that are heavy on the girl side with princesses. Once your kids see the movie they will want their own Buzz and Woody action figures!
on May 10, 2017
I've loved this movie as a young teen when it first came out, and even now as an adult. I rented this movie to introduce it to my 2 year old daughter. We have a couple Golden books on Toy Story so it made her that much more interested, because she recognized the characters (that holds her attention a lot longer when she knows characters from books first).
on February 13, 2013
I have the trilogy, and it was wonderful, but the beginning, when Buzz and Woody first meet brought us into the world of toys and their down to earth concerns of being replaced by something "better" and then forgotten about or sold away or thrown away. Woody has been Andy's top toy for some time, but soon finds his top spot usurped by a new Space toy named Buzz Lightyear. In an act of jealousy, he arranges a plot to hide Buzz from sight, but to his horror it gets out of hand when Buzz falls out of the window and Woody is accused of trying to terminate Buzz. In an attempt to get him back, Woody has to reconcile his own feelings all while dealing with Buzz's delusion that he is a real Space Ranger on a mission. It ends in the house of the nortorious Sid, a kid with an obsession for fireworks--and destroying toys. Buzz and Woody then must work together to befriend the toys in Sid's house to help free them from Sid's tyranny and escape Sid's house before Andy's family moves away. It is a straightforward story with a great script and wonderful acting between Tom Hanks as Woody, and Tim Allen as Buzz. Well worth watching time and time again.
on January 28, 2013
Sort of the 'Snow White' of Pixar, if you like.

'Toy Story' made history by being the first fully computer-animated motion picture ever produced. That in and of itself would have been impressive, but it's also a great movie. When a pull-string cowboy doll meets a delusional spaceman action figure, sparks are sure to fly. But can these two unlikely friends stop bickering long enough to avoid being left behind when their young owner moves away?

(Not bad, huh? I should write blurbs like this for a living!)

We've all heard or read or seen dozens of stories about toys coming to life when their owners leave the room, from the beloved 'Velveteen Rabbit' to the tragically underrated Jim Henson special 'The Christmas Toy.' But never before has that concept seemed so...well, REAL, for want of a better word. The animation looks a little dated today (compare to the sequel and see how far the technology came in just four years) but the storytelling and performances are still wonderful as are the songs written by music legend Randy Newman. I know I'll be humming "You've Got a Friend In Me" for the rest of my life.
on March 11, 2017
Enjoyed it years ago on vhs, still just as great now, and on dvd! This is a nice show the whole family will enjoy.
on September 26, 2017
I’m pretty sure since we got this a month ago that my son has watched is 13876 times. It’s a classic!
on June 19, 2013
I left my 4 year old's DVD case with 16 of his DVDs on an airplane. I was notified at the connecting gate, but didn't have enough time before the next flight to retrieve them. I was told not to worry- they would hold them in lost and found an given a number to call. 6 months, 2 dozen left messages later, still no DVDs.
I accepted the fact that they were gone.

I had purchased a Kindle Fire for my son the following Christmas (after losing the DVDs) and decided to slowly begin to replace the lost movies with versions that included a digital copy. I was having a hard time searching for that specific category and called customer service for help. When I explained the situation, the agent not only helped me with my search but reviewed my ordering history with Amazon. She replaced all of the DVDs that I had ordered through Amazon! 8! They weren't digital copies - but OH MY Gosh! How awesome are these guys?!? I will definitely shop at Amazon the replace the other 8. Thank you Amazon!