From the Back Cover
Toyota's Secrets to Building an Exceptional Workforce
Leading Toyota authorities Jeffrey Liker and David Meier give you the keys to growing top performers from within through a detailed process of preparation, training, and follow-up. Drawing upon Liker's detailed study of Toyota's manufacturing, technical, and service organizations across the globe, and Meier's deep experience gained from working with some of Toyota's best sensei, the authors bring the company's proven practices to life through insight and exercises, enabling you to
- Define your organizational needs and objectives
- Create development plans for all employees
- Grow your top talent from within
- Analyze routine work and ancillary tasks
- Break down a job for effective training
- Break the cycle of poor training and results to create a cycle of continuous learning and improvement
About the Author
Jeffrey K. Liker, Ph.D., author of the bestselling The Toyota Way, is Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering at the University of Michigan and coowner of lean consulting firm Optiprise, Inc. His Shingo-Prize winning work has appeared in The Harvard Business Review, Sloan Management Review, and other leading publications.
David P. Meier is coauthor (with Liker) of The Toyota Way Fieldbook, and is President of Lean Associates, Inc., a consulting company dedicated to supporting other organizations in their efforts to learn from the Toyota Way. David was a group leader for Toyota Motor Manufacturing for ten years.