Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Style: Pink Smiling|Change

Showing 1-10 of 552 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 632 reviews
on May 13, 2016
This is the very first review I have ever taken the time to write. I gave this doll to my 88 year old mother for part of her "Mother's Day" gift and she was absolutely thrilled. I had read where dementia patients often enjoy some toys but I have walked a fine line to not embarrass or insult my Mom. She recently enjoyed a small stuffed bunny included with her Easter basket so I took the chance on the doll. I am so glad that I did! Her face lite up like a small child at Christmas! I had to stop the car and help her get her "baby" out of the box and all of her clothes ready to go before we could continue our trip. The doll is the perfect size for her to handle..not to big or heavy but not too little making the clothes easy for Mom to handle. She has named her "baby" several times but with her memory loss the name does change at times but this has been the best gift I have come up with in the last several years. Please remember at a certain point...this baby can be a wonderful option for our folks that are back to being "kids at heart".
on April 6, 2016
This Berenguer doll is my 5 yr olds 2nd doll like this. She loved the first one so much that she ordered a "twin" with a different expression. This doll is so cute and tiny. Very realistic looking. She is not anatomically correct like the first doll (My first yawn). Her accessories are adorable and fit better than preemie size we were using. People think that they are real...even though they are small we get comments like "oh, I thought that was a real baby". The smiling doll on the left is the one on this review. The one on the right was purchased in December named "first yawn" .The open mouth in "First Yawn" doll is appealing to my daughter because she can "feed" her and a pacifier stays in her mouth. If your daughter likes dolls that look realistic this will be a hit. Some people say the size is too small, but it's just perfect for tiny hands to hold onto. It's not a burden to take places because it's small. (Doll is pictures with a 2 liter bottle of coke to show the size)JC Toys 14-Inch La Nursery Newborn 8 Piece Layette Baby Doll Set, Pink
review image
on May 19, 2011
OK... I just got this baby doll. This is no where in this listing/ pictures showing that you might get the baby doll of a DIFFERENT facial expression. But the one I got is NOT the same as the picture!

I knew there are 2 facial expressions of this doll since I saw it on the JC Toys website. HOWEVER, in this listing, it only shows ONE facial expression! So I thought I was getting the "smiling" one. BUT NO, it turned out the one I got is the one without the smile but an open mouth.

Well I think Amazon should at least tell us which one we're getting, or they should show the picture of the one with a different facial expression so we know we may be getting either one.

I am still keeping this doll as I think it actually looks even more realistic than the smiley one. But for some people, this may be a big deal. So I'd like to tell you this with this review. If you want to see what the other facial expression looks like, you may want to go to the JC Toys website to check it out.

On the good side, as I said, this is a really realistic baby doll! I like the soft vinyl and the cuddling post. Very cute doll!
22 comments| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 9, 2016
This was initially gifted to us for my firstborn right before we had our second. She accidentally left it at a friend's house before we moved across the country and was so attached to it I had to get her a new one!
The baby is super life-like, somewhat creepily so! And it feels on the heavier side, so it really is similar to a small newborn!! My now just turned 2 year old daughter carries hers around everywhere (and has done for the past 10 months), calls her "beebee", pretends to nurse her and feeds her "regular" food too. The baby has been a great help in helping her adjust to having a baby sister.
I love how great quality the whole set is - this baby can withstand being dropped, drawn on, dragged along the ground and bathed. Very happy with how sturdy it is!
on June 30, 2016
We bought this for our 2 year old daughter and gave it to her when we came home with our newborn son. She loved it instantly and was able to copy everything mommy was doing to the baby on this doll. This was the one of the best things I think I have ever purchased for her and is amazing to give to a little girl to have when her mommy comes home with another baby.
on March 6, 2017
This doll is so adorable. Everyone loves her. She's small, as described but realistic looking which was most important to my daughter. I'll now be buying one for my nieces and my other daughter. She fits preemie size clothing nicely. We also bought cheap pacifiers and cut the nipple off so it looks like she's sucking on it. She's wearing a newborn size diaper in one of the pictures.
review image review image
on December 26, 2015
My 5 year old was thrilled to receive this baby for Christmas. It has a little weight (not completely hollow) and made of semi-hard rubbery material that is "squeezable." The baby's features are life-like enough and the eyes are gorgeous. The clothing looks a little cheapy, but my daughter didn't know any different. Would recommend!
review image review image
on October 28, 2015
I purchased this as a birthday gift for my three-year old granddaughter and the doll is perfectly sized for her to carry around and play with. She loves this doll and I am pleased with the purchase. My older two granddaughters fell in love with the doll as well, so I hade to purchase two more identical dolls for them.
on December 28, 2015
Looks like a newborn and I love the smile. Very nice doll!
review image
on April 3, 2017
The doll is very real looking my 7 year old loved it. My only dislikes about the doll is that it doesn't move or adjust easily. The arms go up and down but the doll is pretty much in the same position as pictured and doesn't bend at all. The 14" was a bit small but my daughter didn't mind at all.