Toysmith Zen Garden
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Zen Garden is a version of the traditional Japanese meditative garden done in miniature, suitable for home or office.
- The garden is contained in a handsome 11.5-inch by 7-inch wood frame, perfect for desk or coffee table.
- The garden set includes two natural finish rakes to create meditative patterns in the sand.
- Assorted polished stones provide visual interest and a counterpoint to the garden's serene patterns.
- The set includes a meditation booklet with useful instructions and suggestions for shaping the garden.
- Challenge your children's imaginations and keep them active with Toysmith.
- Committed to providing the most imaginative toys along with the highest safety standards, Toysmith has toys appropriate for all age groups.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Cultivate inner peace with the Toysmith Zen Garden. The Zen Garden is a version of the traditional Japanese meditative garden done in miniature, suitable for home or office. The garden is contained in a handsome 11.5-inch by 7-inch wood frame, perfect for desk or coffee table. The garden set includes two natural finish rakes to create meditative patterns in the sand. Assorted polished stones provide visual interest and a counterpoint to the garden's serene patterns. The set includes a meditation booklet with useful instructions and suggestions for shaping the garden.
From the Manufacturer
This introspective garden comes with everything you need to participate in the art of Zen gardening. Includes an 11 1/2" X 7" wooden tray, white purified sand, rocks, two natural finish rakes and a booklet of meditations.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would say it's well worth the cost, especially if you have a place to put it where it can be easily accessed. Therapists, this is awesome to keep in your office so patients can have something to keep their hands busy!
I think there is something primal about playing with sand and it has brought joy to my classroom - to my students who now have a little toy and to me because they now have something they should be touching on my desk, and of course the smiles they give me when they do play with it!
Is this the best one out there? No, not really. It is a little cheap. One of the legs came off, but I glued it back on. Also, its not very deep, I have to keep the whole thing in the tray that it came it to prevent sand spillage all over my desk - fortunately the box it came in has a nice black cardboard tray that doesn't detract from its appearance. This bottom is also helpful because the wooden garden itself isn't 100% level. The sand is very fine, so it leaves a powder residue around the frame - I use a small make up brush to brush this sand back into the garden.
So, no it is not the best one out there, but it does do what its supposed to do and between the rocks and two garden tools it comes with (which have held up well so far - 3 months of use), it is a nice starter set at a decent price. Also, the book that contains the meditations is lovely and a nice part of the set.
I had some pretty tumbled rocks I had from when I taught science and replaced the plain brown ones with them and it looks great.