Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 252 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 269 reviews
on July 4, 2016
This is a really cute and cost-effecient zen garden. I keep this on my desk for my patients to play with during our sessions. It's relaxing for them and for me, too! The only thing I wish this one had was softer (finer?) sand- the sand is very rough. I have a co-worker with another brand of zen garden and hers has much finer sand and you can tell the difference when you are raking (or cleaning up the mess, if you have some inevitably messy folks around).

I would say it's well worth the cost, especially if you have a place to put it where it can be easily accessed. Therapists, this is awesome to keep in your office so patients can have something to keep their hands busy!
on August 16, 2017
Got this for my hubby, he needed something to help him chill and to take his mind off of things when he got antsy. He loves it and really does use it and messes the sand up and makes designs etc it helps to clear the mind.
The best part about it is you can design it anyway YOU want! We added different rocks and every now and then a figure will get put in there.
review image
on April 26, 2014
After hearing yet another "your cubicle is too empty" I decided to spice things up. Long time fan of all things Japanese it was either a zen garden or ikebana but that's too much of a hassle.

This thing was pretty cheap and believe me, the pictures don't make justice to the product, it's larger and nicer than it looks. I got the wooden tray, two bamboo rakes and six stones, all together with a meditation book. The included sand can be hit or miss: my opinion (and my cubicle buddy's) is that it looks like ashtray sand. I replaced it with sand from one of my favorite beaches. and by the way, you receive a bag with a lot of sand, don't use it all or overfill the tray because it will leave a sandy mess on your desk.

Pros
-Pretty sturdy, decent quality.
-Large enough to make different arrangements.
-My friends write their names or leave messages like 'stop playing with the sand' , which always make me laugh.
-Everybody says it's awesome. They will stop by to play with the garden.
-Helpful when you feel overwhelmed

Cons:
-One of the rakes, the one shaped like a hand feels pretty fragile so I keep it in a drawer.
-Included sand looks like ashtray sand. Also has a lot of really smal sand particles that look leave a white mess
on March 29, 2017
Cool idea. Comes as described but not as cool in person as it looks online. Just my opinion. The product itself is fine. Depth of box could be better to allow for better sand movement.
on January 20, 2017
Excellent, came on time, packaged well, exactly as described, sand was secure and not falling out everywhere as I've read reviews on similar products, they made sure it was contained… excellent quality for the price… they give more than enough sand in case you lose or spill some playing with it…. Also the bottom of the box it comes in is cute enough just to leave the zen garden in it to prevent spills… buy this one if you don't want a mess upon arrival ! Super happy 😄 with my purchase ! Thanks
on January 16, 2017
Love love LOVE this zen garden!! Comes with plenty of sand and some rocks. Only thing is I would reccomend buying extra figurines with it so it appears more full. Great for relaxing, not throwing! Also don't let your puppy near it.. I know from expirience.
review image review image
on July 30, 2017
One major flaw. As stated in other reviews it's not sealed properly and the sand seeps out the sides. I like it but I have to keep it in the box in order to avoid a mess, keeping for temporary use but eventually I will need to buy a product more finished.
on March 23, 2017
I very much enjoy this. It's a nice size, the wood outline is elegant looking, the sand beautiful, the rocks nice, and I appreciated the tiny booklet suggesting things to do with the garden. I had no trouble with any missing items or anything broken.
on July 5, 2017
Very nice. Got it for my boss and he put it on display in his office. Everyone that comes in plays with it, and he reads them a quote about tranquility or whatever from the book that comes with it. He's even gotten stuff for it. Highly recommend.
on December 22, 2016
We bought this for a youth group gift exchange and the teens love it. We used to have one on our dining room table and every time somebody was over they couldn't seem to help themselves playing with the rake and making designs in the sand. It's addicting! It's a good thing to have around when you have to have a difficult conversation with someone because they can avoid eye contact while raking through the sand.