Toysmith Rock Science Kit
- Low Return Rate: 58% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: 4.1 star rating with over 400 reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "rock kit"
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Rock Science Kit teaches how to test, classify and identify different kinds of rocks.
- The kit includes fifteen (15) rock specimens, plus a magnifying viewer and a handy identification guide.
- Perfect for young science enthusiasts, especially those with an interest in geology.
- A plastic storage tray keeps the rock collection together when not in use.
- Recommended for ages 8 years and up.
- Challenge your children's imaginations and keep them active with Toysmith.
- Committed to providing the most imaginative toys along with the highest safety standards, Toysmith has toys appropriate for all age groups.
- Toysmith offers toys for any kind of play: active play, science and discovery, arts and crafts, impulse and novelty toys, and nostalgic retro classics.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
About Toysmith :
Toysmith strives to deliver fun to the lives of kids, families and customers all over the world through the products the company creates, sources and distributes.
Toysmith’s core belief is that children learn through play. By offering carefully selected toys for all age groups, the company’s hopes to challenge the minds and imaginations of children everywhere through the experience of creative play and exploration.
Toysmith Rock Science Kit
Learn about the fascinating world of geology in a fun, hands-on way
Explore the wonders of the natural world with the Toysmith Rock Science Kit. This kit teaches young geologists how to identify up 15 different rock specimens using a magnifying glass and detailed identification guide. A plastic storage tray allows the specimens to be displayed for sharing with family and friends. The Toysmith Rock Science Kit is perfect for young science enthusiasts, especially those with an interest in geology. Recommended for ages 3 and up.
- Identify up to 15 different rock specimens
- Magnifying glass and identification guide included
- Plastic storage tray allows specimens to be displayed
- Perfect for young science enthusiasts, especially those with an interest in geology
- Recommended for ages 3 and up
Explore the Wonders of the Natural Sciences
Identify each of the 15 specimens included in the kit and learn about the fascinating world of geology and mineralogy.
Discoveries on Display
Toysmith Science Kits make fascinating displays to share with friends and family.
Combine Toysmith Science Kits for hours of education, enrichment, and fun.
Unlock the mysteries of common rocks with the Toysmith Rock Science Kit. The Rock Science Kit teaches how to test, classify and identify different kinds of rocks. The kit includes fifteen (15) rock specimens, plus a magnifying viewer and a handy identification guide. Perfect for young science enthusiasts, especially those with an interest in geology. A plastic storage tray keeps the rock collection together when not in use. Recommended for ages 8 years and up.
From the Manufacturer
Our Rock Science Kit is educational and fun. Kit includes 15 rock specimens, a magnifying viewer and an identification guide. Discover the world through science.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
7. Calcareous tufa
I do wish that there was a bit more listed on where the rocks are from, their composition, and their characteristics than is included in the one page printout. However, the paper is nicely done, and the real good thing about this set is the set of 15 rocks.
The box is small and the specimens tiny. I believe my photos show that the samples shown on the box are larger than the ones supplied.
It does however, have a nice little ceramic plate to test streak color on, along with a steel nail.
Additionally, I made my own little Moh's hardness testing kit to accompany this box that easily fit inside it. I went to the dollar store and purchased some glass decorative marbles (one side is flat) and a small bag of magnets. All in all, inside the plastic bag that comes with this kit, I was able to put it's own ceramic plate, the nail and added a penny, a marble, and a paper clip (just to have one more magnetic item for fun.) It all fit inside the bag in this box and was a great success. Fabulous resource!
Each specimen is about an inch in size. Just the right size to examine it.
There are 5 different rock samples for each type of rock, i.e. there are 5 different igneous rocks, 5 different sedimentary rocks or 5 different metamorphic rocks.
Samples are packed very well and laid out in a plastic tray as shown.
Comes with a detailed list of what samples are included.
Some samples shown in the picture are not in the box. Makes kids a bit disappointed to not see couple of the bright colored ones missing.
Over All, it is a great set for kids to learn about rocks and minerals.