Latest from one of the best minds in the rap game. Booba has been in the french rap game for 20 years or so. Rappers nowadays are either too old school or too new school for their audience. Booba music spoke to many rap generations. Mine (think real 80-90s hip-hop), gangsta (think 94-00, G-g-g-g-unit), trap (think lil' whatever).
I like short albums like this one. Conciseness is a quality I appreciate now that I am getting older. A few favorites of mine are:
- "Centurion" which showcases a catchy instrument. Great intro, as Booba always does.
- "Trone". This reggeaton-rap mix will make you feel nostalgic.
- "Ca va aller". Every african dancehall.
- "Friday". French people new favorite.
- "Petite fille". A funny one. Supposed to be for his kids but quickly goes on a tangent.
No laziness detected on this album except for "Terrain" which for me is very much "4G" from a previous album.