"Recommended for upper-division undergraduate through professional collections." (CHOICE
, June 2010)
From the Back Cover
Tracers in Hydrology and Water Research
is a comprehensive overview of the application of natural and artificial tracers in hydrology and environmental research. Tracers have become a primary tool for process investigation, qualitative and quantitative system analysis and integrated resource management. This book will outline the fundamentals of the subject, and examine the latest research findings, clearly showing the entire process of tracer application through the inclusion of numerous integrated case studies. Taking a unique approach by providing the reader with a systematic and state of the art description of natural and artificial tracers, the book also covers key analytical techniques and applications, and modern tracer methods in the context of systematic hydrology.
• Provides a comprehensive and systematic description of natural and artificial tracers, analytical techniques and applications
• Presents modern tracer methods in the context of systematic hydrology
• Covers the entire hydrological cycle of possible tracer applications
• Describes major scientific progress and the latest advances in analytical techniques and their applications
• Includes detailed case studies guiding the reader through the entire process of tracer studies in an integrated manner.
An interactive book companion website is available at: www.wiley.com/go/leibundgut