Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
Customer Discussions > Wrecking Ball forum

Track Listing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 19, 2012, 6:22:25 PM PST
amerdale876 says:
1. "We Take Care of Our Own"
2. "Easy Money"
3. "Shackled and Drawn"
4. "Jack of All Trades"
5. "Death to My Hometown"
6. "This Depression"
7. "Wrecking Ball"
8. "You've Got It"
9. "Rocky Ground"
10. "Land of Hope and Dreams"
11. "We Are Alive"

Posted on Jan 19, 2012, 8:08:32 PM PST
J. Morris says:
If this is the true final set list I am excited to finally hear LOHAD as a studio tune. That has been a lsingle which has been discussed and rumored about endlessly it seems. Oh is it going to be on this album or that album or on the "elusive" Track Vol. 2?? Well now it seems it is finally getting its day. Not a huge fan of it, and it will probably not compare to the intensity of the live version but who knows?? Also Wrecking Ball as a studio recording could be good. I read TM from RATM was brought in for a couple sessions, my gut tells me he may be present on that track. Can't wait!!! I am 31 and have seen Bruce a total of 34 times (21 with the E-Street Band) I live in MO but the wife and I drove all over to see him. We went to the "Greetings" show in Buffalo which ended his last tour and we both agree we are past due for our "BOOS" fix. ;)

Thanks for the info, and do you have any clue what the "bonus tracks" might be? Terry's Song was obviously a heartfelt song written for a close personal friend. I wonder if he did something similarfor Clarence. So Sad!!

Posted on Jan 19, 2012, 8:45:19 PM PST
J. Morris says:
Just found the two bonis tracks and it includes another song which was only performed live. I imagine this will not be a live version but a studio recording as well. Man I love Bruce put he played this song OUT over the Magic/WOAD tours

12. Swallowed Up
13. American Land

Posted on Jan 20, 2012, 3:34:15 PM PST
Doozle. says:
I'm excited about this new impending release hopefully it'll be more like his release "Magic" & less like his release "Working on a dream". That said, is it just me or would the inclusion of Bruce's version of the Woody Guthrie tune "This Land is Your Land" be a perfect fit in here as well? I heard this song at the end of the Documentary film, "Food Inc." It makes a very powerful addition to the film itself. I highly recommend it if you have the time.
I had no idea about the bonus tracks that will be available. I'm setting my sights on purchasing this "deluxe" version myself. Thanks for the 411 regarding this!

Posted on Jan 20, 2012, 4:30:54 PM PST
John K. Renn says:
On the lyrics for "We Take Care of Our Own" is there a typo on the word "calvary"? I think it should be "cavalry" meaning soldiers on horses and a "bugle" which was mentioned in the lyrics. I don't think the meaning of the word Calvary fits, it means the place of the crucifixtion of Jesus.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012, 8:28:30 AM PST
David Ust says:
FYI - Bruce already released his version of "This Land Is Your Land" on the Live 1975-1985 3cd box set.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012, 12:24:18 PM PST
Yeah, I saw that too. He SAYS "Calvary" and has it in the wirtten lyrics. Clearly he meant "cavalry." Too bad he didn't ask a proofreader to go over the lyrics. For someone who has always been so careful about choosing his words, this is a tyro mistake. Sheesh.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012, 5:36:22 PM PST
Doozle. says:
So I was all fired up about purchasing the "special edition" of Bruce's latest effort Wrecking Ball when I discovered this version of the CD comes in packaging that's 3 more inches wider then the standard copy (WTF?). I can't see any rational reason to making this version 3 inches wider. What was the thinking behind such a bonehead maneuver? The CD itself is the same size so why make a wider version that's going to make it more difficult to store in your CD shelf or cabnet? Yeah, I'll bet some of y'all who purchased this didn't think about that little problem did you? I understand Bruce is now keenly environmentally sensitive, I get that. He's been doing this since since his 2005 release "Magic" but the marketing decision to release a special edition that's 3in's wider fly's straight in the face of being environmentally conscious about the environment. Now maybe I'm overreacting here but all I know is i ended up purchasing the standard issue (12) songs of this release and I had my heart set on purchasing the "special edition copy when walking in to the store. Did I do the right thing here only time will tell. But I honestly didn't see this one coming at all. Does anybody else feel this way?

Posted on Mar 18, 2012, 9:32:51 AM PDT
I don't understand the whole "Deluxe Edition" w/ 2 extra tracks thing. It was the same thing for the recent McCartney album, the only difference is, at least here in the US, you have to buy it at a specific retailer to get that version. It costs them the same to manufacture the discs and all, they just add two tracks (or is it take away, form the "standard" edition?), slightly alter the packaging and charge an extra dollar or two. I don't understand this practice, although I'm not going to gripe and lose sleep or anything on it. Deluxe editions are usually, well more deluxe and a bit more money. It just seems there can't be one version (per format) anymore (Magic was an exception, I think), but anyway...

Speaking of formats, on the vinyl editions of both Wrecking Ball and and McCartney's Kisses on the Bottom, the "bonus" tracks are absent, despite a lot of visible blank space on the discs!

Posted on Mar 19, 2012, 11:00:05 AM PDT
Doozle. says:
I bought my standard copy of Wrecking Ball @ Best Buy. But all 3 different versions of this CD release are available everywhere. This aint no Walmart exclusive, if that's what you're referring to. Yes that's my point exactly, the deluxe edition has 2 extra songs (none are taken off the standard issue edition) but the packaging is noticeably larger. So strange that Bruce is doing this seeings how he's been releasing his new CD's in eco-friendly packaging ever since his "Magic" release in 2007. So what he's done now fly's in the face of all his efforts to be ecologically friendly to the environment, LOL. To be fair to Bruce I don't think he or his high priced advisors even thought about this at all.
The reason that these bonus tracks are missing from the vinyl edition is because the vinyl editions themselves are limited editions. That and also the fact that the 2 bonus tracks in all likelihood wouldn't fit on the 33RPM record anyway!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Wrecking Ball forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jan 19, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Wrecking Ball
Wrecking Ball by Bruce Springsteen (Audio CD - 2012)
4.3 out of 5 stars (409)