Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TrackIr 5 Premium Head Tracking for Gaming
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on December 4, 2014
very difficult to get perfect, even with advance programming from software and configuring. Used it for Flight Simulator X. My head ended up moving too much to make good use of it, and I found that it added more things to pay attention to. Ironic because it was supposed to take "panning around with hat switch or mouse" out of the equation. I either ended up 2 inches from the panel of the plane or somehow hidden behind the seat (where I could see nothing but the seat). Great idea and great concept, works better if you don't plan to use the entire 3d cockpit (including overhead panels). Used extensively for about 5 days, gave up because it wasn't making the experience any more enjoyable.
on March 25, 2013
I've used one in the past, make sure you get the track pro clip if you want to use this with headphones and not wear a hat all the time. If I'd known they do package deals from Natural Point I probably would have bought both from the company rather then Amazon, as it is a little cheaper in the long run. This is one of those products that you hesitantly buy but then after you get used to it in a flight sim, you wonder how the heck you ever flew without one before. Great great product.
on May 15, 2013
For you hardcore simmers out there, you will want to get this!!! It makes your experience much better as it immerses you into the sim itself.
Setup was easy. Plug and play and ran the sim and it recognized it right away and used the set profile recommended for it. But you tweak the settings to your liking using the software it came with. The software makes setting your view a pleasant one.

I didnt get the TrackClip Pro which can be an accessory for it. Apparently Amazon doesnt carry it. With that said, I feel the TrackClip Pro shold automatically come with this item. However the clip that does come with works just as fine if you dont mind wearing a ball cap.
on May 26, 2011
I've been a flight simmer for years. I was even a hard core competitive online WWII flight simmer. When Tracker IR first came out, I was skeptical. I'd seen similar "it'll change the way you sim" touts and most of them fell WAAAYYYY flat. A buddy of mine finally goaded me into getting the new Track IR 5 with the Proclip, and wow.... was I ever wrong. The unit itself is small and lightweight. The camera actually attaches to the base with a magnet, so that if a cable gets snagged, it won't break the mount. Nice touch. AS others have said, the Pro-clip is a bit flimsy. But I vastly prefer the pro-clip to the hat clip, so I'm hoping it lasts. Installation was straight forward, and the just flat out WORKS in games designed to support it. And frankly, no simulation worth the name should be without support for this unit. Using it in-game is intuitive and natural. becuase you need to still be looking at the monitor as you turn your head, your in-game head movements are exaggerated, but after a short time, it feels completely natural. It's so nice to look into a turn, or to be able to naturally and quickly scan around you as you fly along.

Frankly, I don't think I could ever sim without it again. I'd feel like I was trying to run with one leg.
on March 19, 2015
Not going to go into an in depth review on head tracking or it's benefits, I'm sure you know if you've found this item. However there are a few things I'll put in here that might help others. When using this thing, and the included ball cap clip, I found it more functional when the tracker was greatly above my screen. I basically have a shelf behind my monitor and I've put it twice the height of the monitors top. I was initially having problems with vertical head tracking in the upwards looking motion but this trick fixed the issue, now ofcourse my downwards vertical tracking isn't as good, but don't use that much at all.
on January 4, 2016
I can't imagine playing Flacon 4 BMS or Elite Dangerous (or any game where success depends on keeping a target in view) without TrackIR.

Seriously.. Night and day different experience. Games like the two I mention are pretty good even without trackir, but trackir just takes things to the next level.

I suggest getting the Track Clip Pro to go with it. This comes with a reflective clip that attaches to the brim of a hat.
The Track Clip Pro has LEDS which allow the system to work better.

But it's worth having even if you can't get the Track Clip Pro.

I don't work for NaturalPoint or anything, these are just my opinions based on my own experience playing games like Falcon 4 BMS and Elite: Dangerous with and without TrackIR (and with and without the Track Clip Pro)
on March 18, 2015
I think more games need to support this. It's a good alternative to VR. The one downside is you need something to attach the reflectors to. So unless you wear a headset or a cap, or want to fashion a hairband for your magnificent flowing hair.. you are stuck with no way of using this. I would rather see an accelerometer than a ir tracker, as well. The ir camera can be frustrating at times with loosing tracking. But, none-the-less, the idea is good and games need to support this more.
on July 30, 2010
Bought this for FSX. You definitely need to tweak the settings to get it to run realistically. It will take getting a little used to. You will find yourself turning it off and on depending on the circumstances. For taxiing at the airport, it really changes the experience for the better. If you have an addon aircraft with realistic switches and buttons, it sometimes is a little frustrating trying to "hold still" enough for the mouse cursor to focus on the applicable switch. However as mentioned, you can tweak the settings or hit the "focus" key while you're activating switches. It's an easy product to set up, but make sure your frame rates are good enough to merit buying this piece of hardware.
on March 8, 2014
I finally took the plunge and bought this to play with DCS A-10C which I have gotten into big time. Once I got it to actually work it was pretty cool and helped create a sense of immersion. I can see why so many people love this thing. I was an instant fan on the first flight...then after weeks of trying to use it sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. Disappointing to say the least.

Either I have a defective product or you have to play in a blacked out room with no lights on to ensure 100% consistent play. There were times during the day there was no way I could play it, and I noticed at night I had to turn off the light to keep it from going crazy here and there.

Disappointing because so many people seem to enjoy this hardware. I just cannot live in a blacked out house with my family so I can play a game. I returned for a refund and will put the money toward Oculus Rift instead when it comes out.
on January 29, 2015
Wow! This is the single best addition to my flight sim. Works quite well with both FSX and XPlane10. Easy install and frankly, it was pretty easy to get configured to "fly" well. I'm still tweaking it now and then, but it's amazing how much workload it takes off of you. (cockpit resources) You're free to fly. Some folks have complained about the reflector. I think that from an engineering standpoint, it's a terrific solution. I also understand some folks feelings about it being overpriced, or seems cheap. It is small, and the reflector is lightweight, however, it is all well built, well designed and most importantly, it works great! It's not what you get for the money, it's what it does for you. I haven't tested this, but I can't say as it has slowed frame-rate at all. That was a big concern for me. Choppy and jittery just doesn't make it and drives me nuts. Not a problem here.
Please note however, there is a slight learning curve. You kind of have to re-learn how to move your head to look at things but it only takes a few minutes of flying for it to become intuitive and if I didn't mention it before, LIBERATING !!! I wish I had gotten it sooner.
Happy Trails.