- Shipping Weight: 7.8 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B01FX7RDDG
- Item model number: Tabcat
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (90 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,266 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
TabCat Pet Tracking Collar Cat Locator Lite Cat Finder Tracker System
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Directional technology:Follow audio and visual cues to find your cat, pinpointing them to within 2.5cm (1 inch). Our technology is more accurate than GPS
- Small, light, splashproof: Weighing just 6 grams and protected by a durable case, Tabcat is small and easy to attach to any cat collar.
- Long range - up to 122m (400ft): Tabcat can find them up to 400 feet (122 metres) away in clear line of sight. Just walk around until you pick up the signal then follow cues. Accurate to within 2.5cm (1 inch).
- Train your cat to come home: The locate button on the handset activates a small beep on the cat's collar tag. Use this signal to train your cat to come home on demand.
- Optional extra tags: Tabcat comes with 2 tags but an additional 2 can be purchased if you've a larger cat family.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Included: (1) Slimline Directional Handset (h)86mm x (w)54mmx (d)6mm (2) Lightweight Homing Tags 32mm (diam) x 6mm (D) (2) Splashproof CasesMore precise than GPS Our RF-based technology offers much greater range and performance than 'keyring finders' or Bluetooth locators, and much greater accuracy than GPS trackers. Once you’re in range Tabcat will direct you with audio and visual cues to their exact location where ever that may be.
Included: Return for Tags are on accepted for unregistered Tags
Top customer reviews
Update: Now I've had the product for two months and I'm having a bit of difficulty. One out of three locators that I purchased likes to unregister itself. The other two are fine. The biggest issue is that the Tabcat Handset now seems to EAT batteries. The first month all was fine. Now it goes through a CR2032 every week -- not cheapos but Eveready or Duracell. The handset is supposed to power off after 45 seconds so I am wondering if it really isn't. I use the system two or three times a day. Called customer support and they were supposed to send me an email which I've never received. Still love the product but we'll see about reliability and customer support. Stay tuned!
I recommend this product if you need a light weight collar tag, your pet wanders within a fairly local area, you want a simple system, and don’t want to pay additional fees for GPS or other more complex systems.
When I first used this system, it struck me as being a “Geiger counter” for cats. The tag is put on the cat’s collar, and when you turn on your hand-held remote it beeps -and flashing lights direct you to the location of the cat. The closer you get to the cat the faster and higher pitch the beeps get. The tag on the cat’s collar also beeps but this does not seem to bother the cat. The tag is very light weight – and my cat does not notice it at all.
It seems to work through walls – even if the cat is several walls on the other side of the house.
This comes with a hand-held remote (about 3.5”x 2”), two light-weight tags that are about 1.25” in diameter, plastic covers for the tags, and a user manual. When you first use this device you will need to pair each tag to a button on the remote control.
I have a few comments regarding the design of this system, they are not insurmountable, but am mentioning to help others with the setup experience.
1. I like that the tags can be “paired” and “unpaired” with the remote control. However it is very easy to accidentally “unpair” a tag because that button is on the left side of the remote – directly opposite to the “on” button on the right. So if you hold the remote on both sides (which is natural to me) it may accidentally unpair the tag.
2. I had some trouble with the tags themselves. Each tag takes a CR2032 battery, and if it is not placed correctly or if the front/back are not snapped shut tightly - they won’t work or pair. I did get both tags to work however.
3. The tags come with a flexible plastic water resistant cover - that is very easy to tear when you slip the tag into the cover.
Overall I like what this product does, and think it is worth $99, but deducted a point for the design issues above.
Added edit 6.23.16. So this morning my husband accidentally left this cat outside, and using the tracker I was able to find her in the neighbor's bushes. I am glad that I had this device because it is supposed to very hot today. I should also mention that if you buy this you should check it periodically, because for some reason it didn't work yesterday - then I replaced the battery and it was OK.
Added edit 9.27.16. I adopted two more kittens in addition to "the cat that hides". So purchased an additional two tags that would supposedly work with the 4-tag remote control. One of the two additional tags works OK; the other works less than half the time. I can't figure out what the problem is..... I put the battery in and can get it to work sitting on my table with the remote, but after attaching it to the cat's collar it works only sporadically after a few days. I should mention that the very first tag for the original "cat that hides"mentioned in my original post seems to work 100% of the time.