3 Year Portable Electronic Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- No deductibles or added costs. Parts, labor and shipping included.
- Drops, spills and cracked screens covered from day one. Other breakdowns covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Includes 24/7 tech support - setup, connectivity issues, troubleshooting and much more.
- File a claim online or by phone 24/7. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it or reimburse the purchase price with an Amazon e-gift card.
- Plans are only valid for new or certified refurbished products purchased in the last 30 days with no pre-existing damage. Protection plan documents will be delivered via email within 24 hours of purchase.
Tractive LTE GPS Dog Tracker - Location & Activity Tracker for Dogs with Unlimited Range
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$40.00 (57%)|
- Subscription Plan needed – starting at only $ 4. 99/ month with different subscription plans available. Similar to your cellphone, this low fee ensures you the best cellular service possible with an integrated SIM CARD.
- Tractive Dog GPS tracker – lightweight & waterproof GPS tracking device, recommended for pets above 9 pounds. For safe dogs The robust GPS pet Finder easily attaches to any collar or harness.
- Live tracking with your Tractive Dog Finder – pinpoint the real-time location of your furry friend when it matters most and share it with family and friends. The full location History of your pet is just one of many special features.
- Safe zone = safe DOG – define a safe area with the virtual fence feature & get an instant notification if your pet leaves the area. Dog tracking has never been easier.
- Worldwide location tracking – use your Tractive GPS dog collar attachment in over 150 countries; manage all features and access your pet’s location via the free Tractive GPS app or in any browser. Tractive has no range limitation unlike many other Bluetooth GPS finders. Tractive GPS devices are IPX7 waterproof and shock resistant
- Rechargeable battery – the dog GPS tracker recharges in only 2 hours with a battery life of 2-5 days.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Tractive GPS 3G
Tractive uses GPS and communicates through cell phone towers, which enable you to track your pet 24/7. Since using the cell phone towers and infrastructure has costs associated with it, a small monthly or annual service fee has to be charged by Tractive. You can stop and restart the service anytime, and we don't charge any activation or other hidden fees.
The service fee is a flat fee. Tractive offers different service options. More information can be found on the website of Tractive!
Tractive GPS 3G
The Tractive GPS 3G tracking device for pets and other animals will always let you know where your pet is.
Check the location of your furry friend in any browser or on your smartphone. The position of the animal is displayed on a digital map. The real time GPS Pet tracker is 100% waterproof, recommended for all pets over 4.5 kg (9 pounds) and can be easily and safely attached to the collar and support now 3G.
Tractive can only be used in conjunction with a subscription.
- LIVE Tracking.
- Virtual Fence.
- Robust and Waterproof.
- Global Coverage.
- Location History.
The LIVE Tracking feature enables you in real time to see where your pet is currently located. The position is updated every 2-3 seconds and displayed on the map in the app or on the Internet.
You want to know when your pet runs away? By using the Tractive Virtual Fence you will be immediately notified on your smartphone when your pet leaves a predetermined area.
Tractive not only shows you where your pet is currently. The history also shows you where your dog or cat was before.
iPhone & iPad
Requires iOS 10 or newer.
Smartphones using Android Version 4.1 or newer.
- Weight: 35g (1.2oz).
- Size: 51mm x 41mm x 15mm (2.0in x 1.6in x 0.6in).
- Recommended for pets above 4.5 kg (9 pounds).
- Battery Lifetime: 2-5 days, depending on network coverage and usage.
- Battery fully recharges in 2 hours.
The Tractive 3G Dog GPS tracker is not only waterproof & robust, it also enables you to view your pet’s location from anywhere, anytime. The service plan starts at only $5/month and you can track your furry friend in real time – without limits. Access the location history on your smartphone and enjoy many more fun features together with your pet. It’s definitely time for new adventures –so get your Tractive pet finder NOW!
The clips are made for different collars use the one with an b at the back for collars with a thickness up to 0.12 inch and the one with an a at the back for collars with a thickness up to 0.19 inch
Style: 3G Version
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
PetFon Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, Real-Time Tracking Collar Device, APP Control for Dogs and Pets Activity Monitor
Tracki 2020 Model Mini Real time GPS Tracker. Full USA & Worldwide Coverage. For Vehicles, Car, Kids. Magnetic Hidden small Portable Tracking Device. Child, elderly, Dog pet drone motorcycle bike auto
BLACK+DECKER Smart Dog Collar, GPS Tracker, 2-Way Audio, Water Resistant
Petfon Pet GPS Tracker, No Monthly Fee, Real-Time Tracking Collar Device, APP Control for Dogs and Pets Activity Monitor with Gift
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Tractive GmbH||Ubisight Technology LLC||Tracki||QC_Wholesale||Ubisight Technology LLC|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Tractive is based in Austria. They have no means of contact other than email. There is no way to reach them by telephone. It took almost two weeks of back and forth emails to attempt a resolution, when a 20 minute phone call would have been more effective.
This morning, I received an email from them, informing me they have cancelled my service, and that I should return the items (via amazon) for refund, without my knowledge, consent, or discussion of other options.
They claim I have terrible RSSI in my area. I checked myself, we get great 4g and gps coverge in this valley. On average, our ping is about 50ms, upload can be as low as 5 Mbps, but often as high as 26 Mbps, upload in the 1-2 Mbps range. We're not streaming movies here, just trying to give GPS coordinates. Should be enough, no?
I think their laxidaisical attitude is what is most irritating. They're not even trying.
I will keep it ,I gues, since I already paid for a years service. Oh, I just got a notice that he is back home. Wow I didn’t even hear the door open.
I attached the notice images and where Wilfred is during them in the last three minutes that I am writing this.
Update: this is so slow to connect and update indoors or out that I fail to see how it could aid anyone in finding a lost pet. Take a look at the map of a walk that I had today. It logged so few points, because it is slow and sucks, that it appears we walked off of a pier, through the ocean, cross through buildings trees and yards. We were no running or flying so my only guess is that this sucks so bad it only updates every ten minutes or so. Now how useful is that when tracking a lost pet? Other than an expensive novelty and reoccurring payment, why would anyone want this? It’s garbage.
I want my subscription refunded.
Once Cooper started wearing the device I had such peace of mind when leaving him alone in our fenced yard or when we would go for walks off leash.Since using the device, I’ve had just one emergency and in the time of panic, the Live Tracking feature was successful, easy to start and I was able to find Cooper quickly. I can highly recommend this product as it performs as expected and gives me complete comfort in knowing where Cooper is or where he has been!
It is important to know that there is a monthly service fee of $6.99 (they say you can cancel anytime), which is necessary to use the device.
Top international reviews
(1) The clip looks really weak and needs a better design.
(2) The charger on the unit isn't microUSB but some proprietary awkward clip with contacts. You would think that if it's their design, they could at least make it work when the tractive is still on the clip and pet collar; however, all of it has to be dismantled to charge.
(3) No WiFi, only GPS and celluar. Addtion of wifi would improve geofencing for a cat, for example, that stays close to the house.
(4) The GPS is poor. Often the cat is shown 30 feet away from the house a street over when it's standing at the front door. I live within sight of a cell phone tower in a large city. I would have thought it would be better. The tractive will only be good when the cat gets really far from the house and I need the GPS and the light/sound the unit can make to find the wayward animal.
(5) As I am locked into a 1 year cellular contract and there aren't really any other options, I will use the Tractive for this year and wait for a really innovative product to come along.
(1) the app works well
(2) battery life seems good
So the great things about this product:
1. It does what it says it does, it tracks your pet by using a 3G Network and gives you a live location of where your pet is at.
2. The plans it offers are very decent, with it also includes a separate warranty that if somehow the device gets lost, stolen or destroyed the company will offer to replace it, but that's only if you buy their warranty for the device.
3. You can track your pet by either using your home/public wifi or mobile data.
4. The device itself doesn't fall off easy and it does take quite some effort to take off.
5. It comes with a unique charger and 2 different clips for both dogs and cats.
6. Displays your location and your cats location simultaneously.
7. Has some unique features not seen in other tracking devices.
8. Durable: I have not tested it in water but it is durable enough to take some hard knocks.
Now these all sound good, but it comes with its own share of problems, some my own nitpicks others are issues that need to be fixed.
1. The price Tag: 100$ CAD is not bad for the device itself considering what it does but the prices for the plans and warranty themselves are left to be desired. I went with the premium version because of what it does for and my pet and I bought the warranty for the device. Altogether it cost me an additional 230$CAD which is a staggering amount if you want a warranty and a 2 year plan but I'll let you the reader decide wether that's too steep of a price for premium+ warranty but at least there are cheaper plans for you to pick up.
2. The tracking: when it tracks, it tracks well with amazing accuracy, but other times you have to continuously click the live button because it tracks your cat for a full minute until it decides to disconnect having you to reconnect again, and it does this constantly.
3. This is a nitpick but I found the device too large for my cat and I can only imagine the discomfort it has on him when he tries to nap, at least he manages to cope with it and is able to sleep with it on.
4. The charger: another nitpick of mine, the charger works perfectly fine but it's not a very ergonomically designed charger having a clamp based design rather than the standard USB port we are all used to seeing on most modern devices, meaning that if you lose your charger you will have to go out of your way to purchase a replacement. It would've been better off it the charging port was today's standard charging port so it wouldn't be such a hassle to find a replacement charger.
5. The brackets themselves: it would've been better if the brackets are adjustable themselves rather than 2 different sizes one size for cats and one size for dogs. It seems that they didn't take into account that each collar a pet wears has different thicknesses and I'm only just lucky that my cat has a thin layer on his collar where I can properly attach the device but other people may need to go back shopping to buy a collar that can have the device attached to it.
6. Battery does not last as long as advertised: the advertisement stated the it can stay on for 3 days and just after 48 hours the battery went from full to just a measly 20% meaning that you need to charge it every couple of days if left on for continuous amounts of time.
But despite the ups and downs of the product I am satisfied with it and I'll leave it up to you to decide if it's worth your investment but if you want to hear it from me I'd advise that you go look at other tracking products before considering buying this one. But if you do decide to buy it, it isn't too bad if a purchase but I would still advise that you look at other products before buying this one.
Update: my cat got caught by one of my neighbor's cat traps (the ones that are meant to capture) after I realized that it was strange that he had been in the same area for a couple of hours I decided to head over to his location regardless wether or not I was trespassing and sure enough I found him in the cage and rescued him. If it wasn't for the tracker he had on his collar I wouldn't have found him.
EXCELLENT VALUE !!!
The best feature is the hybrid screen showing satellite topography, my location and the dog's, found under settings. A must have for forested areas without landmarks. The company does not promote this feature on their website, I found it after viewing settings, a definite plus!!!
After 5 years of GPS trackers, and 3 different brands, aside from the trivia, I found Tractive has an amazing feature that works well - the Live Tracker is the best. Accuracy...? I can actually tell when my 20 lb cat is actually coming around the corner. There is a red line showing on your screen that is actively moving with the tracker. Never had that before. Location...country...S. of Calgary. Owned/used: 4 months. Battery is comparable to other two brands I've had...maybe slightly better. Charge once a week but that is using it about a total of 4 hrs a day. Pets goes in and out of the house constantly so the collar removed and tracker turned off. The 4 finger clip is adequate I suppose, but I use a gel cover from a previous brand to stretch over the unit for additional protection. The charging plug is unique. Cord is not plugged into the tracker but clipped on with 4 charge contacts and 2 guide pins. The charging contacts on previous brands I owned concerned me as to their longevity. .Also...Tractive service personal and reply time in my experience was first rate.... and intelligent. Product price: VERY reasonable and even better since I bought mine with their sales. Subscription price: reasonable and slightly better for a 2 yr subscription.
Par contre le système d'attache va partir au premier buisson rencontré et le système de charge est vraiment très étrange, semble fragile.
On ne peut pas utiliser sa propre carte SIM, les visses ne sont pas standard, alors obligé de souscrire à un abonnement pour 1 an ou 2 ans en mode basic ou premium.
The device came dislodged from its holder one evening and I spent two days trying to find a a GPS unit. This has me concerned if my dog was actually to get lost. The GPS pinged all over the “fenced” area. I had to put up posters. Finally, a neighbour found it and notified me.
I’ll most likely be returning the unit as it’s unreliable in the city and am fearful I’ll loose it again.
The only bad thing I can say is the clip on collar mount is crap. One snag on a branch and it's gone. Throw it away because it will not hold this to your dogs collar. I use a small fabric pouch sewn onto the collar and it has with velcro fasteners to keep the device inside. Even with that- my dog was able to shake it out and I had to go find it in the dark in snow. I now use packing tape around the pouch each time we go out for a run.
Plus, it has two serious design flaws, one being the very weak clip that holds the tracker to the dog's collar. It keeps popping off the collar. Second, it needs to be recharged every night, which means taking it off the dog and putting it on their bizzare are little USB clip charger which is not compatible with anything else which means you are completely screwed if you lose the charger.
Altogether a real waste of my time and my money.
The device software, which you load onto your Smartphone, produces a map which shows your position (represented by a blue dot) in relation to your dog's (represented by a dog head). It also gives you a distance reading as to how far away your pet is. When our dog is a long way off, we begin walking towards her and only start to call and whistle when she is around 400 meters away.
You are given a choice of maps (satellite, standard, Open Street Maps) upon which your dog's track is superimposed. You need to pay for a yearly subscription to a telephone network for this to work. The information on how to do this is included in the box.
The device is 5 cm x 4 cm x 1.5 cm in size. It comes with two clips for attachment to a collar or harness, one for thick collars and one for thin collars. We use the thick attachment for our border collie.
It is fun to use (You see a map on your phone of your dog's route).
Useful to know how far away your doggy is from you and how fast she is traveling.
Despite a rather strange attachment gadget, it has stayed securely attached to our dog's collar despite barbed-wire fences, leapt creeks, and careening through underbrush. [CORRECTION - Today our dog managed to knock the device off her collar. Luckily it continued to broadcast and we were able to locate it. We have owned the device for just over 3 months and this is the first time it has fallen off]
The recharging device looks awkward, but works well. I appreciate the clothes-peg style of attachment, and the indicator charging light.
It requires patience to download the Tractive software and get it working on your phone
The phone can take anywhere from 1-8 minutes to recognize and locate the tracking device (this might be a result of our Rogers telephone network--we live in a rural area).
It can take a few seconds or several minutes to update the location of our dog (possibly also a result of our network connection).
The blue dot, representing the location of the phone and us, often disappears from the map. The dog's path and the distance she is from us remains shown.
We continue to use the device as a monitor and have come to rely on it.
I charge it fully at night and it is already about 80% battery left in a morning , go for a walk about 30-40 min , again next day walk for 30-40 min and battery was 8% left on day 2.
So I'd say that battery life is 2 days..barely.
And the charger is weird ( pictures ).
My dogs are not bothered to wear this at all which is good.
After I already used my tractive 3G ,I found out that there is a version "XL" which battery life is up to 6 weeks.
Sadly my tractive 3G aren't in a shape that I can return anymore so I think I will get "XL" next when I can.
I feel like I wasted money on 3G.