Industrial Deals Beauty Textbooks Shop women's shoes nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. New LG V35 ThinQ | $699.99. Save with Prime Exclusive Phones. Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 11, 2016
I actually bought 2 of these because the price was right and I wanted two battery packs, and the cost of the replacement packs were about the same as the whole kit with gun, case, and battery. One gun has never been used, the other I have used to change the wheels maybe 15-20 times on my track cars. After this short interval, both batteries are shot and don't hold enough charge to change 4 wheels even when fully charged. I am hoping that I can identify which other brand of tool this was modeled after and maybe that battery will work for these. I'm not going to buy this brand of battery again.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 19, 2015
I brought this to do car work at my house with out using an air compressor. I charged it and it worked great. It put all 6 lugs on prefect and off prefect. I recommend this tool and it is reasonably priced.
19 people found this helpful
on August 22, 2015
Does not deliver as it states. Looks good, feels nice in your hands. The anvil is not too heavy, but if I have to use a breaker bar for this to work I can use my impact drill or a regular drill to loosen and tighten if Im going to use the breaker bar and the beginnig or the end. I need something that would beast my lug nuts off and on without a breaker bar. I was excited to use this. I saw a review on you tube. Im assuming they must of had the lugs loose already. My lugs and car arent old or rusty and I took them off and on the day before with a breaker bar and impact drill just fine. Definitely not 240 ft lbs of torque and defintiely not a satisfied customer.
7 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2015
Has proven effective so far. The case comes with enough free space to store some parts, bolts, lugs, etc.

The battery is the worst part so far. There are STRANGE instructions that come with it. I suppose there's no overcharge protection because it states to not charge it for more than 3 hours at a time. Well, so much for my plans that involve leaving the house.

Even with this considered, it has lasted through several light uses and managed to get the job done every time when properly charged. I would say it would be good to keep in your trunk to get lug nuts off quick, but that probably is not the case. My battery did not hold a charge more than a couple days after being last plugged in. Figuring that out was quite the disappointment and frustration.
2 people found this helpful
on July 6, 2016
Horrible tool - I cannot tell whether it was broken or just weak. The one I bought was spinning free with almost no torque and could only spin off pre-loosened fasteners. I had to resort back to my 12V emergency torque wrench. I presume this is one of the cases where you indeed get what you've paid for. I torque all my lug nuts myself so I knew that the one on the car were 90 ft/lbs and the lawn mower blade was a mere 45. None of which could even be remotely removed despite a hell of a noise generated by the tool. I can also confirm the problems of other reviewers regarding the proper seating of your impact sockets: most of mine were sitting loose, some even to the point of wobbling.
on August 12, 2015
I've used this now to do a full tire rotation and it worked pretty well. While it claims up to 240 ftlbs, I found it had a hard time breaking the lugnuts which are torqued to 89. After the first wheel I did a quick break with the iron and then used this the rest of the way. Likewise, retorquing the lugs resulted in a final measurement of roughly 80 ftlbs and I had to use my regular torque wrench for the last ten pounds.

The battery held up just fine for a total of ten cycles of five lugs on and off and was as strong at the end as the beginning. Since this is the first usage I'll update down the road regarding battery life or any other issues.
on January 27, 2016
Do not buy this product!

Does not fit 1/2" sockets that I have - gave it as a gift and only found out later when a friend and I tried to use it together. By that time it was past amazon's return date on electrical items. Do not buy this item - worthless to me unless I take a grinding wheel to it, and then I might be compromising the strength of the tool - leaving myself open to things failing and possibly hurting someone. I'd give it zero stars if I could.
on May 16, 2017
I bought this impact driver to remove blades on my Z turn lawnmower. I worked the first year. I only change blades once a year.. I used it the second year and it would not remove the nut so I had to remove by hand. I thought it may have been misthreaded nut. I tried using it recently, aka 5/15/17 and it did not slipped and did not impact to remove the nut. It now only works as a drill. It is useless so DO NOT BUY. I would give it less than a one if possible. I should take some pictures to show you how unused and new looking it is.
on September 8, 2015
not bad. doesn't have quite the power I was hoping for, It wont break loose those nuts or bolts that are really tight that a double hammer neumatic would knock off but has much more power than you pay for. I think it's a bargain. don't rely on it to tighten lug nuts to spec. the lug will need another good turn to be tight enough. However, it'll zip that lug nut right into place quickly and tight enough to put the torque on it with a lug wrench which is the best way to do it anyway. Other bolts around the vehicle and home came off with ease with this unit. I'm happy with its performance!
3 people found this helpful
on November 17, 2015
In less than one year it was dead. Never had fantastic torque but it was adequate for household. It would not torque lug nuts to 100lb spec, Actual run time less than 1/2 hour before failure. Amazon deducted 10% for warranty return but sent me prepaid UPS possibly because I was a prime member.
3 people found this helpful