SINGER | Tradition 2259 Sewing Machine with 19 Built-In Stitches, & Easy-To-Use Free Arm - Perfect for Beginners - Sewing Made Easy,White
- SINGER SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Tradition 2259 portable sewing machine features 19 built-in stitches, a built-in 4-step buttonhole and a heavy-duty metal frame making sewing creative projects fun and easy
- HIGH PRESSER FOOT LIFTER: The SINGER Tradition 2259 sews several layers of thick fabric. The presser foot can be raised to a higher position for easy positioning of your project
- BEST SEWING MACHINE: Best sewing machine with quick-and-easy threading, adjustable stitch length and width, free arm, and on-board accessory storage.
- FREE ARM SEWING MACHINE: The free arm provides easy access to cuffs, collars, pant hems and other difficult-to-reach areas. The on-board storage provides easy access to the included accessories
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with all-Purpose Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Button Sewing Foot, Zipper Foot, Thread Spool Caps (2), Screwdriver, Edge / Quilting Guide, Bobbins (Class 15), Needles, Seam Ripper/ Lint Brush, Foot Pedal, Power Cord, Instruction Manual, Machine Intro DVD
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only.
Featured items you may like
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Singer 2259 Tradition Sewing Machine has the features to make starting a new hobby easy. This sewing machine features an automatic four-step buttonhole, easy stitch selection, and snap-on presser feet. Thread the machine quickly and easily. Just follow the arrows on the machine, and you are threaded in a snap. Nineteen basic stretch and decorative built-in stitches provide options for everything from the most basic garment alterations to more elaborate home decor designs.
From the manufacturer
Sewing Since 1851.
The spirit of practical design and creative innovation that characterized the company at its beginning continues today as we develop products for every level of sewing.
Sewing Made Easy.
Mechanical Sewing Machines: Simplicity at its Finest
Mechanical sewing machines are easy to use and maintain, mechanical sewing machines have manual controls that stand the test of time. Popular stitches are built in to handle basic sewing, home projects, alterations and more.
The Tradition 2277 sewing machine offers a variety of stitches for sewing a range of fabric types. There are 97 different stitch applications to choose from and customize to your project.
Stitch width is adjustable as well, so you can further customize stitches.
Make buttonholes in one easy step, whether you want to sew a dress, stitch up a pillow or craft a trendy tote. Basic accessories can be found in the removable storage compartment.
There is also a free arm, which makes it easy to hem trousers or other small projects like children's clothing.
Beginner Sewing Tip #1: Find the Right Machine.
- 97 Stitch Applications
- 3 Presser Feet Included
- Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole
- Heavy Duty Metal Frame
97 Stitch Applications
Choose from a variety of stitches for basic sewing, decorative sewing, and more. Stitches are clearly displayed on the Stitch Selector Dial. Just turn the dial to select your stitch.
Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole
Create consistent buttonholes in a style to suit your needs--all in one step!
Adjustable Stitch Length & Width
The size of the stitch from left to right is adjustable, to make the stitch sew narrower or wider as desired. Customize the appearance of a stitch by increasing or decreasing the distance between stitches. Use this function for various stitch techniques like applique, basting and more.
Built-In Needle Threader
Effortless threading of the needle for a faster start.
Front Loading Bobbin
Bobbins are easy to wind and insert, while maintaining a smooth needle plate surface.
Sew hems and cuffs with ease.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let me say assuredly that IT HANDLES DENIM WITH LITTLE OR NO PROBLEM !
I'm hemming Jeans, and it works great, even going through through the "4 layer" seams. Just make sure to use a Denim Needle, around #3 Tension setting, around a #2 Length, and go slow.
I'm a 75 year old male, never used a sewing machine in my life, and after a "learning Curve", am having no problems. Simply Love It !
I don't use it a lot but any time I do it is a nightmare> It doesn't work AGAIN and I am done with getting it fixed. OI have always purchased my sewing machine from a store and it has worked great so maybe it was shipping. Going to purchase from a store today!
1. I chose this over the ones with lots of programing, because I didn't want something that was going to break in a year or two. I had read that the less expensive programable ones tend to break easily. I mainly wanted a programable for the button holes (see below).
2. I read the reviews on this one and some say that the bobbin was hard to wind. This is true only if you follow the directions in the book. I tried those directions and wasted 2 spools of thread- there is NO way it will work like that. I asked a friend for help and here is what you do to wind the bobbin correctly: DO NOT put the tread through the silver loop marked #1.INSTEAD- pull the thread directly from the spool and bring it over to the silver thing that it tells you to wrap it around, but wrap the opposite way from the picture- wrap it like a J, the pull it up and around over to the bobbin area. It sounds confusing, but its simple- just a simple figure 8 directly from spool to bobbin, but make sure you wrap from the bottom not the top like in the usless picture- and viola, perfect bobbins:)
3. Button holes were always a problem for me- but not any more!! There is a button hole foot with this that is super simple! You just make a dot on your fabric where the center of the top stitch will be and begin. The machine has a dial that lets it know you are sewing a button hole, you still have to turn the dial between steps, but you never have to turn the fabric around. (you will need to operate the pedal), but It starts by sewing the right side length, then you turn the dial and make the left to right stitches (I like to do those by turning the handle myself for 3 complete stitches), then you switch the dial again and it will automatically go in reverese to sew the other side, then finish by making the top left/right stiches and you are done. So simple, and I have made some horrible, horrible button holes in the past, but this is so easy I no longer dread button holes! It even has a foot to sew the button on!
4. The spool does not stick straight up like my old sewing machine - instead it is sort of recessed at the top of the machine- this is nice because I tend to take my machine to my friends house and once the spool holder on my old one broke while in the trunk (I fixed it with heavy tape)- this one will not break the way it is designed.
Finally- I would recommend this machine! It gets the job done, makes frustrating things easy and because it is mechanical I believe it will last another 15+ years:)
Top international reviews
Still working after three years of moderate use. What can you say it is a Singer after all, so probably will last a lifetime.
Simple but accurate. Thanks.