Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 120 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 420 reviews
on October 26, 2016
I had never listened to the whole album before. I liked their hits from this and I like colored vinyl, so I thought Why Not. The other songs on this album besides the hits sound similar. Ska Alternative Rock. I thought one song sounded a little bit Pat Benetar. The clear vinyl was noisy though. Didn't overpower the music but it was there. It was pressed at Rainbo which has a shaky reputation for vinyl pressings. Original insert included. Overall the price was good so it was still worth it. I just wished these records companies would use a better vinyl manufacturer.
on July 21, 2015
I didn't know Gwen Stefani had such a rocking voice!

I only knew her by the classic pop-rock ballad "Don't Speak". And later by the more electro-funk album, "Rock Steady".

Well, in songs such as "Excuse Me Mr.", or "Just A Girl", she intensifies her voice, and distorts it (but not too heavily), like a total punk singer!

The best thing is that, the band, managed to write powerful hooks and harmonic rythms for the songs. So, the album ends up being quite melodic but with a fast and cool rocking edge.

And there is "Don't Speak", the great and classic power-ballad with a melancholic vibe, and a refrain which is a total anthem.

But the album has more to offer: Spiderwebs, Excuse Me Mr, Just A Girl, Happy Now?, etc. Many great songs!

The sound is very good. It is loud, but not harsh at all. The drums rock hard.

The artwork from the CD is very cool. I think it is the same original Trauma CD from 1995. I like the imagery and the photos.
on December 31, 2016
One of my absolute favorite albums. So many great songs! Vinyl sounds great. Arrived quickly and in protective packaging. Very pleased.
on November 30, 2016
Even though this is an old album, it has aged pretty well in my opinion. I actually hear several of these songs still played on today's alternative/rock radio stations. The CD case arrived with no damage and the CD worked perfectly when I played it.
on July 30, 2015
I used to hear the two radio cuts (Spider Webs and Don't Speak) and liked them both so I bought this album and it's a knock out. One of the few albums you can listen to start to finish in this modern world. There's an inside cut called "Hey You" that I'm surprised no DJ picked up on. It's an anthem for little girls who have grown up ("You're just like my Ken and Barbie Doll") and of course there is the ultimate GIRL anthem (aptly titled "Girl") "I'm Just A Girl...but they won't let me drive late at night!" This is her and her band at their best. She remarked that their producer didn't understand SKA, but my remark is: He understands how to make radio hits! Excellent album. A classic. It's their Sgt.Pepper.
on July 9, 2014
I've always loved this album. When this came out, I was into grungy, dark sounding music. I still love dismal dark music, but sometimes you need a break from that vibe. This is a very happy sounding record with incredible musicianship! The rhythm section of Adrian Young and Tony Kanal have never been given the credit they deserve. Tom DuMont's guitar work is awesome. His style is so different than the other members of the band, it makes for a great polarity. While the rhythm section is more ska and reggae based, Tom has a classic rock sound reminiscent of Alex Lifeson and Jimmy Page, however he is versatile enough to pull off most anything. He is one of the better guitar players of the last twenty years of rock and pop music. I don't need to speak of Gwen. Her many positive singing, style, and gorgeousness traits are well documented! If you don't have this record, buy it and listen to a mid nineties classic!
on September 17, 2013
This album is one of my all-time favourites, so it was without any hesitation that I bought the vinyl.

Unfortunately, the vinyl is a huge disappointment. Sonically, it sounds poor with too much noise and a lack of detail.
Voices sound very thin and there is a distinct lack of bass. If you ask me, it's worse than listening to a cassette tape.

It's a far cry from the CD, which I continually enjoy playing.
on January 18, 2017
Excellent Item!
on September 26, 2010
I never got to hear Tragic Kingdom growing up, only the singles, so listening to it is like listening to a time capsule of the 90s. It's fun, bouncy, and leaves a good impression, but I will leave the music reviews to those who know it better. I want to give folks some juicy details of the vinyl release. The pictures "Slowcloud" posted are misleading. That is a special edition that comes with a T-shirt and is NOT what Amazon is selling right now.

What you get is a single-pocket jacket, with plain white paper inner sleeve, and a lyric and liner notes insert. The vinyl record itself is PURPLE with an orange label and sounds decent. It is possible that the vinyl comes in different colors. I don't hear very many pops and crackles. My best guess is 140 gram thickness. Well worth the cash to diversify your collection.
on December 28, 2016