Trail-A-Bike Original Folder
|Price:||$162.93 + $19.37 shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact folding frame design will accommodate a rider with a 2" shorter inseam than the Original Folder 1 model
- Shorter reach, shorter cranks, smaller chain ring and a narrower handlebar fits smaller riders just right
- Lower center of gravity gives parents and children increased stability
- Sturdy steel hitch with 4 shim options to work with almost any seat post
- Includes a safety flag, because safety is the first concern with children
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
|Item Dimensions||7 x 26 x 43 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0 pounds|
|Item Weight||16.5 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||30.75 pounds|
Just like its namesake this is the Trail-A-Bike that started a movement, but in compact form to fit smaller children. All of the safety and convenience from years of development wrapped up in a compact package and backed with a lifetime warranty so you can ride with confidence.Established in 1988, Axiom was developed around a vision to create innovative, reliable, and affordable cycling components and accessories for a wide range of riders and budgets. Along the way they have built a comprehensive offering to help cyclists carry gear, stay dry, improve safety, solve problems and add style.
Color: Black | Size: Compact
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
And after two 5-mile test rides with my 5-year old daughter (I drove her to school this morning), we both love it.
1. very sturdy construction and and very good-quality paint job (as far as I can tell after inspection and 2 trips).
2. entire wheel covered by mud fender, very practical in wet road conditions, this already came in handy .
3. seven gears. This is the only trailer bike I found that has gears, except the much more expensive tandem version. My daughter happily shifts and pedals along, be it on steep hills, or on level ground at faster speeds.
4. Weight (26 lbs) is OK, especially if you are used to pulling a trailer. But don't expect to maintain the power-to weight ratio you were used to with your ultra-light-weight road bike.
5. Carrying capacity of 80 lbs and adjustable seat should render this trailer bike useful for my daughter beyond the proclaimed age range of 4-6 years for children
The 24" has continued to work well.
On the 20" we did have some problems with the wheel locking up as other reviews had mentioned. This occurred when walking the bike (bike not being pedaled). I found that I could move the wheel backward with my hand and this would "unlock" it and it would then function normally for a time. In addition to this we noticed an unusual noise from the trailer while riding it. I eventually took a closer look at the wheel and discovered that the axle was bent or improperly installed. It took some time but the seller eventually replaced the wheel for us and it seems to be working normally. In addition to the wheel issue we had trouble disconnecting the trailer from hitch on the adult bike. The seller was less helpful here stating that they could not diagnose the problem without being able to see it. I eventually fixed this with a file, although I'm not sure if that will reduce the life of the parts.