Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on July 11, 2013
The beginning grabs your attention, but as soon as the football action stops due to an injury, it is boring. The best of the best is mentioned too many times, and there was no "ah-ha" information. The characters are predictable, and the story line is weak. Where is the underdog? Everything falls into place with little set backs. One star!
on February 7, 2010
When the reviews say 'inspirational', they should really say 'religious'. This doesn't make it a bad book, the points made early on are good and I enjoyed the book until the final points and chapters. That's where it turns into a sermon. I wish that had been clear in Product Description as I would not have bought it. If I wanted a story of religion and faith, I would search one out...I don't.
on May 16, 2010
I read the brief description and unfortunately purchased the audiobook. It started out great and I began thinking of all of the people I'd like to tell about this book with when I was done. Then it got to the point of being a bit wishy washy on substance and heavy on spirituality. When the spirituality turned into useless Christian evangelism I'd had enough. I did not want to tell anyone I knew about this book because I'd be embarrassed about being deceived into purchasing it. I know plenty of people I would consider the "best." Some are Christian and actually speak of the part their beliefs play in their success. "Part" is the key word. I also know plenty of people I would consider the "best" who are not Christian. They are just as good or better, and in no way discontent or unfulfilled. You do not have to "believe" to be the best. Once the book promoted this concept as an essential element of what the best do better than everyone else, it lost all credibility with me. I have my own beliefs, thank you. An author who suggests that I need to believe what they believe to be the best is a naively arrogant, although cleverly disguised evangelist. Well, you fooled me and got my money in the process. A good lesson for me to share on my way to being the best; it's as much about who you choose to avoid as it is about who you choose to follow. Advise: avoid this book.