Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Trains I Missed
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$8.99

on February 7, 2011
Being an acoustic guitarist for over 45 years myself, I'm always looking for inspiring bluegrass music with purity and originality. After listening to the trial tracks I had to download this group BALSAM RIDGE which I had never heard before. I'm a hugh fan of Alison Krauss & Union Station and have almost everything that they have done as well as most of Jerry Douglas',Ron Block's,and Dan Tyminski's solo albums. This album "Trains I Missed" is a breath of fresh air and truly lights up my heart through the top notch performances of the groups players.The vocal harmonies are very surprisingly pleasant and their lead vocals addictively catchy. I truly enjoy the depth of their lyrics,their originality and was singing along with almost each track on first play thru of the album.If you're looking for fresh bluegrass,with some country leanings,with excellent balance of instrumental intricacy intwined within each song,this is a excellent album.
on December 27, 2011
"Trains I Missed" is just one of the best songs ever written and Balsam Range performs it to perfection (both on the CD and live, if you're lucky enough to catch one of their incredible shows!), so even if you don't buy the whole CD, get that song! I love the whole CD, though, and have listened to it repeatedly. It's one of those that gets into your blood, and if you're listening to the CD in your car the music does your driving for you! :) More songs:

"Callin' Caroline" -- great showcase of Darren Nicholson's vocals
"East Virginia Blues" -- I never get tired of this song; it seems always to show up in the best jam sessions, and Balsam Range makes you feel like you're right in the middle of a Class A jam here.
"The Touch" --Caleb Smith sings this song he wrote about Jesus; another keeper!
"Runnin' Through My Mind" --great one for listening to on the road.

I listed my favorites, but the recording really needs to be taken as a whole to get the full effect!
on February 8, 2011
Balsam Range is a great group, they bring to the table great talent with an appreciation for the artistry of Bluegrass music. The music that they select is tasteful and heartfelt. I am waiting for them to bring out an all Gospel cd, their gospel songs have a sense of reverance and dedication that does uplift the spirit. This is their third album and a welcomed addition to my collection.
on March 16, 2013
This was an excellent acquisition to my music collection. Great energy; great vocals and harmonies! If you're a fan of new-grass/ jam-grass, you'll love this band too.
on January 19, 2013
I had a chance to see these guys live in Spartanburg, SC and could hardly wait to purchase this and their other albums. This band is terrrific. The CD is awesome
on March 12, 2013
This is my least favorite of the Balsam Range CD's but these are still good musicians and vocalists. This CD contains the GREAT song "Trains I Missed" which won the 2011 IBMA 'Best Song' award. This song alone is worth the purchase.
on May 15, 2012
If you like bluegrass give this album a listen. I can't say anymore than what the other reviewers have said. This is truly a great album.
on December 24, 2013
Balsam Range is just the best bluegrass music out there right now. Excellent group of guys.....excellent music. Simply great enjoyment all the way around.
on June 8, 2014
This album is beautiful, with gorgeous harmonies and powerful songwriting. The title track is absolutely heart wrenching....lovely work from Balsam Range.
on October 8, 2013
Balsam Range is a great bluegrass band with a great bluegrass sound! This is my favorite of their cds! It has something for all bluegrass lovers!