Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Trakdot Luggage Tracker, Flight Baggage Tracer, An..." and save 63% off the $79.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Trakdot Luggage Tracker, Flight Baggage Tracer, Anti-lost Palm-size Locator, Airline Trip Worldwide Travel Tracking Monitor Detector Finder, GSM Chip (Cell Towers), SMS Alert, iOS & Android Compatible
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- TRAK WORLDWIDE: Real time luggage locator anywhere in the world - sends notifications to your phone when checked-in luggage has arrived safely with you
- TRAKDOT IS IN: Track which city your luggage is in on the ground even while inside metal containers such as trucks, cars, hardened suitcases and parked aircraft - free iOS/Android app
- REST EASY: Trakdot’s patented GSM based smart technology is both FCC Certified and FAA compliant.
- SERVICE FEE: To activate Trakdot, an annual $24.99 is required - this pre-pays the local cellular network required to report its location anywhere in the world
- IN-PACK: Original manufactured product supplied by Trakdot - 1x Trakdot, 2x AA Alkaline Duracell Batteries, Installed Worldwide SIM Card, Quick Start Guide - Limited 2 Year Warranty - Lifetime Support
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||WCB Direct||Spy Tec||Scout GPS||Agnik||WCB Direct||ORBIFLEX INC|
|Item Dimensions||2.25 x 3 x 0.75 in||1.5 x 0.9 x 2.7 in||0.55 x 1.7 x 2.5 in||1.73 x 0.94 x 2.56 in||2.2 x 3.7 x 0.7 in||1.51 x 2.7 x 0.92 in|
Trakdot --- Track Your Luggage, Enjoy Peace of Mind sold by WCB Direct
Trakdot delivers breakthrough products that empower consumers to keep track of the people and things they hold dear. Providing cutting-edge patent-protected technology at a remarkable value, Trakdot offers innovative solutions that meet global demand. Trakdot delivers a level of peace of mind previously unattainable.
26 Million bags go missing each year from Airports around the world. Enjoy peace of mind with Trakdot Luggage, knowing the location of your airline checked luggage at all times.
First-ever luggage tracking solution with worldwide location reporting keeps you connected to your valuables
Palm-sized device: Fits in your checked-luggage allowing you to track it from check-in to baggage claim
Text and e-mail notification: Sends you an SMS text message or email with the location of your luggage upon arrival
Uses cellular technology: Rather than GPS, Trakdot detects its location using a GSM chip, triangulating its position using local cell towers
Compatible with any cellular device: Track your luggage worldwide with any mobile device
Multiple mobile/device tracking: Connect multiple cell phones to one Trakdot device or track multiple devices from one cell phone
Easy locating at baggage claim: Bluetooth function within the mobile application allows you to locate your luggage at baggage claim within 30 feet
Online tracking: View your luggage’s location history on your PC via the Trakdot website
Battery operated: Operates on two AA batteries
Support Team: email@example.com
Please note: The current price does NOT included annual service fee. Device requires Annual Service Fee of $24.99, which will need to be paid at time of activation on the Trakdot website -www.trakdot.com.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, it does work. A few things to clarify though.
1. Everyone in these reviews is using the term GPS. To be clear, this device does NOT use GPS. It uses triangulation from cell towers, which is an advantage in that it doesn't need line-of-sight to the sky (thus it will work inside a plane's cargo hold or even underground in the baggage handling systems of an airport) - but the location given is NOT as accurate as GPS. You'll get a general vicinity - not an exact pinpoint location.
2. The Bluetooth function is fundamentally broken. It looks like it can work, but something isn't set up right. It unpairs itself after each startup it seems - or even after a certain amount of time. If you want proximity tracking, forget this. Get a $20 Tile or TrackR instead and throw it in your bag.
3. The app for it is poor and clunky - but it does work. The timezone issue is ridiculous. It looks like they attempted to fix it and get it off GMT, but now I'm still off by an hour (in the wrong direction) due to DST. There's no excuse for this - but this is what happens when you outsource all your technology overseas and your local people are just "ideas people". This device suffers from the entrepreneurial failing in believing they don't need to understand the technology. Shame on them; a little tech polishing and this thing could be great.
4. The complaints people are having about the power button are just plain bizarre. No, it's not as simple as an on/off switch - but it's really not that complicated. Yes, it's easy to tell if it's on. I'm not sure what everyone's getting so bent about. It's easy - Hold down the button, you'll get a red light. This means it's starting up. It'll then turn green when it gets a cell signal - then the light will turn off to save battery. To check if it's on, Press the button quickly - if you get a green light, it's on. Period. Nothing ambiguous about it. If you click the button and nothing happens, it's off. To turn if off, hold down the button until the light stops blinking.
Overall, I'll keep using it - solely for its intended purpose. I also have a set of Tiles and I keep one in the bag with this. I travel weekly, so it can be a lifesaver - and it appears to work as tested in my first trip today. I literally activated it in the airport parking lot via my iPhone about 30 minutes after receiving it and threw it in my bag. (Dulles to Boston - notified me of my bag being in the vicinity of both airports.)
I will be taking it again this weekend - Dulles to Denver to Las Vegas and back - and will update how well it works.
My wife lost her luggage recently and it never said anything about it had arrived in any other airport.
The Manual that comes with it misses severa; key points.
I returned one because I could not Pair it with Bluetooth on my iPhone. Turns out all I had to do was scroll down and click "Save". Which would have been nice to know before I returned it.
Several attempts to contact tech support via e-mail and telephone went unanswered so I returned it. Ordered a new one, and suddenly tech support was available again
Until they come up with a true tracker that can pinpoint exactly where your luggage is....... This is the way to go