Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
2-Year GPS Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Trakdot Luggage Tracker, Flight Baggage Tracer, Anti-lost Palm-size Locator, Airline Trip Worldwide Travel Tracking Monitor Detector Finder, GSM Chip (Cell Towers), SMS Alert, iOS & Android Compatible
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- TRAK WORLDWIDE: Real time luggage locator anywhere in the world - sends notifications to your phone when checked-in luggage has arrived safely with you
- TRAKDOT IS IN: Track which city your luggage is in on the ground even while inside metal containers such as trucks, cars, hardened suitcases and parked aircraft - free iOS/Android app
- REST EASY: Trakdot’s patented GSM based smart technology is both FCC Certified and FAA compliant.
- SERVICE FEE: To activate Trakdot, an annual $24.99 is required - this pre-pays the local cellular network required to report its location anywhere in the world
- IN-PACK: Original manufactured product supplied by Trakdot - 1x Trakdot, 2x AA Alkaline Duracell Batteries, Installed Worldwide SIM Card, Quick Start Guide - Limited 2 Year Warranty - Lifetime Support
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Trakdot --- Track Your Luggage, Enjoy Peace of Mind sold by WCB Direct
Trakdot delivers breakthrough products that empower consumers to keep track of the people and things they hold dear. Providing cutting-edge patent-protected technology at a remarkable value, Trakdot offers innovative solutions that meet global demand. Trakdot delivers a level of peace of mind previously unattainable.
26 Million bags go missing each year from Airports around the world. Enjoy peace of mind with Trakdot Luggage, knowing the location of your airline checked luggage at all times.
First-ever luggage tracking solution with worldwide location reporting keeps you connected to your valuables
Palm-sized device: Fits in your checked-luggage allowing you to track it from check-in to baggage claim
Text and e-mail notification: Sends you an SMS text message or email with the location of your luggage upon arrival
Uses cellular technology: Rather than GPS, Trakdot detects its location using a GSM chip, triangulating its position using local cell towers
Compatible with any cellular device: Track your luggage worldwide with any mobile device
Multiple mobile/device tracking: Connect multiple cell phones to one Trakdot device or track multiple devices from one cell phone
Easy locating at baggage claim: Bluetooth function within the mobile application allows you to locate your luggage at baggage claim within 30 feet
Online tracking: View your luggage’s location history on your PC via the Trakdot website
Battery operated: Operates on two AA batteries
Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The current price does NOT included annual service fee. Device requires Annual Service Fee of $24.99, which will need to be paid at time of activation on the Trakdot website -www.trakdot.com.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, it does work. A few things to clarify though.
1. Everyone in these reviews is using the term GPS. To be clear, this device does NOT use GPS. It uses triangulation from cell towers, which is an advantage in that it doesn't need line-of-sight to the sky (thus it will work inside a plane's cargo hold or even underground in the baggage handling systems of an airport) - but the location given is NOT as accurate as GPS. You'll get a general vicinity - not an exact pinpoint location.
2. The Bluetooth function is fundamentally broken. It looks like it can work, but something isn't set up right. It unpairs itself after each startup it seems - or even after a certain amount of time. If you want proximity tracking, forget this. Get a $20 Tile or TrackR instead and throw it in your bag.
3. The app for it is poor and clunky - but it does work. The timezone issue is ridiculous. It looks like they attempted to fix it and get it off GMT, but now I'm still off by an hour (in the wrong direction) due to DST. There's no excuse for this - but this is what happens when you outsource all your technology overseas and your local people are just "ideas people". This device suffers from the entrepreneurial failing in believing they don't need to understand the technology. Shame on them; a little tech polishing and this thing could be great.
4. The complaints people are having about the power button are just plain bizarre. No, it's not as simple as an on/off switch - but it's really not that complicated. Yes, it's easy to tell if it's on. I'm not sure what everyone's getting so bent about. It's easy - Hold down the button, you'll get a red light. This means it's starting up. It'll then turn green when it gets a cell signal - then the light will turn off to save battery. To check if it's on, Press the button quickly - if you get a green light, it's on. Period. Nothing ambiguous about it. If you click the button and nothing happens, it's off. To turn if off, hold down the button until the light stops blinking.
Overall, I'll keep using it - solely for its intended purpose. I also have a set of Tiles and I keep one in the bag with this. I travel weekly, so it can be a lifesaver - and it appears to work as tested in my first trip today. I literally activated it in the airport parking lot via my iPhone about 30 minutes after receiving it and threw it in my bag. (Dulles to Boston - notified me of my bag being in the vicinity of both airports.)
I will be taking it again this weekend - Dulles to Denver to Las Vegas and back - and will update how well it works.
Very cheaply made and extremely hard to remove the batteries, even though frequently removing them is necessary.
The IOS phone app is buggy: Bluetooth pairs and unpairs by itself (Bluetooth is used for figuring out how close your bag is to the baggage carousel); the app will not work unless your phone Bluetooth is on, even if you're not using this function; and the app function to let you add and delete notification cell and email doesn't work - you have to do this on the webpage.
Tech support is virtually non existent with minimal info online about troubleshooting.
Although you might be able to return the unit, you can't get a refund on your annual fee once you've started service.
A couple of lessons I learned by trial and error:
The cell signal seems to be very weak and only works once your bag goes outside the aircraft.
To set up notifications, make sure the unit is turned on, WITH active cell signal, then turn on notifications.
In a couple years or so airlines will be tracking bags for us with RFID luggage tags. Buy this only if you have to have tracking in the meantime.
I have just purchased three of these trackers from Amazon.com. I'm attempting the set-up of the trackers in preparation for a trip out of the country. When attempting to activate the product, I selected my credit card (CC) type as a payment option from their drop-down menu. I've completed my information, including my CC number. I've triple-checked the information and had someone else verify it. Yet, the website won't take my CC information and allow me to complete my registration. Their website keeps returning the following message: "This payment method is not supported by the current web server configuration."
IF they're listing a CC as a payment method, it should work. If one is unable to activate the product, the device is useless. Unfortunately, it's Friday night and their tech support offices are closed until Monday.
I worry now that I've purchased three pieces of junk. I have additional worries after reading some of the later reviews from people saying the units don't work as advertised. This really is disturbing.