|Item Weight||12.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.2 x 7 x 7.1 inches|
|Item model number||TZEMT043AB32MAA|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||1 YEAR|
Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat
|Price:||$99.99 + $5.28 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Add the Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat to your Schlage LiNK System to remotely monitor and control your thermostat from anywhere with any internet enabled computer and most internet enabled cell phones
- Actively manage the energy use within your home and reduce energy consumption up to 15% with the energy savings schedule
- When paired with the Schlage Bridge, utilize advanced thermostat features through the Schlage LiNK web and mobile interface
- Receive text message or email alerts when adjustments are made at the thermostat
- Remotely enable the energy savings mode for extra savings when on vacation or away from home
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Be Secure. Be Informed. Be Efficient. Be Home. Away from Home.Trane and Schlage, the powerhouses of home heating, cooling, and safety, have come together to bring a new level of peace of mind to homeowners. The Trane Remote Energy Management Thermostat completes and enhances the home heating and cooling system and allows remote access through the Schlage LiNK interface.
When paired with a Schlage LiNK bridge, this Trane thermostat gives homeowners the ability to remotely manage their home's temperature and save money by reducing energy consumption. Use the energy savings setting to save up to 15% on heating and cooling bills (Source: Department of Energy data on programmable thermostats).
Access your system remotely via most web-enabled cell phones or computers for a low monthly fee*. With this service, homeowners can also receive text or email alerts when it is time for maintenance or when adjustments are made to their thermostat.
This package includes 1 Trane Z-Wave thermostat. A Schlage LiNK bridge is required for full functionality. Bridges are available in Schlage LiNK starter kits.
*A minimal monthly subscription fee is required. Even if you choose not to subscribe, the Trane thermostat will still function as a normal thermostat. No long-term contracts or cancellation fees. Receive a trial period when you activate a new account.
- Remotely monitor and control your thermostat from anywhere
- Actively manage your energy consumption and save money by using the energy savings schedule
- Utilize advanced thermostat features through the Schlage LiNK web portal
- Receive text messages or email alerts when adjustments are made to your thermostat or when it is time for maintenance
- Easily program the thermostat through the Schlage LiNK web portal; 7 day programmable thermostat with up to 4 settings per day
- Create a Z-Wave network within your home that securely connects this Trane thermostat to the Internet and control other Z-Wave devices
- Full AES 128-bit encryption at the microchip level
- Web-based access means greater peace of mind, no matter where you travel
- The system is scalable and flexible, allowing you to add up to 232 devices to your Z-Wave network
- Requires Schlage LiNK bridge for full functionality
How It WorksSchlage LiNK System Components
- Through your computer or cell phone, the bridge receives a signal from your home's wireless network.
- The bridge sends another wireless signal to the thermostat.
- The thermostat adjusts.
Computer and Wireless Phone Interface
A user-friendly interface is at the heart of the Schlage LiNK system and makes it easy to take advantage of all that Schlage LiNK has to offer. Simply log on to your computer or Internet-enabled phone and you're in control. With just a few simple clicks, you can adjust your thermostat and get alerts.
- Do I need a wireless network in my home?
No, but you will need a high speed Internet connection (cable modem, dsl, etc.) and an open port on your router to plug in the bridge.
- What kind of cell phone do I need to have?
Nearly any modern cell phone can receive text alerts from Schlage LiNK. But to take full advantage of the system's features, you'll need a data enabled phone platform like Android, BlackBerry, or iPhone. To verify your phone is compatible with the Schlage LiNK System, please check with your carrier.
- Do I have to pay to download the software to my phone?
It depends. Some service providers charge a fee, while others don't. To know for sure, you'll need to check with your carrier.
- What is the range of the Schlage LiNK bridge?
The Schlage LiNK bridge can relay signals up to 100 feet--even through walls. Without walls in the way, it can broadcast even farther.
- Does the system require a monthly subscription fee?
A minimal monthly subscription fee is required. Even if you choose not to subscribe, Schlage LiNK will still function as a thermostat.
- Is it secure?
Like all Trane and Schlage products, Schlage LiNK is very secure. The online portal features security measures similar to those used in online banking systems.
- Can I install the Trane thermostat myself?
Yes. In most cases, this thermostat can be successfully completed as a do-it-yourself project. However, there are a wide variety of heating and air conditioning systems which may add complexity in some cases. If you are unsure about any step of the installation, you should contact Schlage LiNK customer service or a professional heating and cooling contractor.
- Can I enroll more than 1 thermostat on my Schlage LiNK account?
Yes. Multiple Z-Wave enabled thermostats can be independently controlled and operated with your Schlage LiNK account.
- Is the Trane thermostat programmable?
Yes. The Trane thermostat can be programmed for up to four temperature changes per day. Multiple unique daily schedules can be created. Each daily schedule can be applied to one or more days of the week. Setting the schedule is easily accomplished from your Schlage LiNK web portal. Simply select the schedule you desire using a series of drop down boxes. Additionally, scheduling can also be programmed locally at the thermostat.
- What type of alerts will the Trane thermostat provide?
With an active Schlage LiNK account, the Trane thermostat can provide text message and email alerts including filter change reminders, out-of-range temperature alerts, thermostat keypad changes, and maintenance reminders.
Z-Wave is a next-generation wireless "ecosystem" that lets all your home electronics talk to each other, and to you, via remote control. It uses simple, reliable, low-power radio waves that easily travel through walls, floors, and cabinets. Z-Wave functionality can be added to almost any electronic device in your house, even devices that you wouldn't ordinarily think of as "intelligent," such as appliances, window shades, thermostats, and home lighting.
The Schlage LiNK solution lets you control these devices in ways that give you complete command, even when you're not at home yourself. You can control your Z-Wave household remotely from a computer and the Internet from anywhere in the world...even through your cell phone.
Top Customer Reviews
This thermostat has a hidden service menu that you'll see referenced in the user guide. You can configure the exact type of HVAC and every other timing type feature you can imagine... truly very advanced and highly configurable.
Most people buy this as a z-wave thermostat (as I did too) expecting that the schedule for heating and cooling will be set by the separate z wave controller (like a Vera)...
What really adds to the service menu is that you can enable the built in scheduler! In my mind, this is an advantage and should be enabled by default. What's nice is that you can then maintain the traditional method for setting the heat/cool schedule. This way you are not dependent on a z wave controller and only use one for things like turning the heat on from your mobile phone an hour before you get home. If you decide to move houses, you can leave the thermostat behind without your z wave controller, knowing it will be fully functional for the next owners.
Another nice feature of this thermostat is the Usage Graph, that shows a 7 day revolving schedule of number of hours of heating and cooling. Kind of gives you a feel for your energy usage by seeing how many hours a day your heat or cool cycles have been running.
In summary this thermostat is every one of the 150 dollars that it sells for. Definitely better than the less expensive z wave thermostat by Wayne Dalton.
* Z-Wave functionality could be fun at some point
* Standalone functionality sounded above similar normal thermostats
I've been pleasantly surprised! This thermostat is extremely capable on its own (without any Z-Wave functionality) beyond my initial expectations and beyond other similarly priced thermostats.
Opinions on capabilities:
7 day 4 event per day scheduler
+ Scheduler is easy to set up, easy to copy to one or more specific days.
- No capability of multiple schedules (I personally didn't find that very useful on my old t-stat anyway)
Very nice screen, uses a pixel-based display
+ Usability beats the pants off normal predefined-lcds I've used in the past
+ Makes dealing with advanced capabilities straightforward with an understandable menuing structure
+ Bright and readable screen with great backlight
+ Run-hours based filter change reminder (300hrs, configurable)
+ Run-hours based overall maintenance reminder (3000hrs, configurable)
Usage graphs to track heating/cooling time over the past week (totally cool)
+ 3 stage heat / 2 stage cool
+ Configurable temp differences for each stage to turn on/off
+ Configurable "run X minutes every Y minutes" setting to simply circulate air. I believe this is primarily for overall circulation requirements, but I'm hoping to use this to circulate heat from our wood burning stove.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got an XL824 as part of a replacement package installation for a combined Trane gas/AC unit for our Florida winter home. Works as described and expected. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Pedruska
The thermostat does everything BUT follow the schedule programmed into it. Can control it with phone or computer but it Misses half of scheduled set pointsPublished 18 months ago by Ted Schulte
This is the best thing since the wheel,it came with my Vera 3 sweet combo,i have had it for 5 months ,and love the simplicity, get it you won't regret it.Published 22 months ago by lowell t.
Swapped out an old manually controlled HVAC thermostat for this device. Using the built-in scheduler and setpoints save considerable money on both heating and cooling. Read morePublished on June 21, 2014 by Savvy Reviewer
This was a thermostat I needed to replace a customers that we had broke on the job. The add stated that it was used but, the thermostat appeared to be new and was in the original... Read morePublished on May 13, 2014 by mike cheek
Trane TZEMT400BB3NX N N SL Home Energy Management Thermostat with Nexia Home Intelligence, White (Z-Wave)I tried other stats and failed regards to poor instruction. Read morePublished on January 18, 2013 by ray
Works perfect with my GE- Simon system via Alarm.com- love the control remotely via my iphone - recommend strongly -Published on January 17, 2013 by Win C