Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

14,919
Capacity: 32GB|Style: Card Only|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change
Price:$5.99 - $128.16

Showing 1-10 of 14,202 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14,919 reviews
on March 15, 2010
I bought this card for my Canon T1i. The card I had been using before ordering this one was a Kingston Class 6 micro sd card and it worked well enough for the type of shooting I did. Class 6 was the card speed that Canon recommended when I bought my T1i (Class 10 cards were not yet available) and it seemed fast enough for the way I used my camera - isolated single photos taken at Medium (8 MP) or Large (15 MP) jpg settings and 1280 x 720 video. And while I ocassionally took continuous photos, I had never much exceeded 5-10 photos in a row and had never run into a problem with my Class 6 card.

When I first saw the Class 10 cards I did some experiments with my camera. How many continuous Large photos could I take before the camera slowed down? It turned out to be about 30. And how many RAW photos could I take before the camera slowed down? It turned out to be about 9. SInce I did not generally take any photos in RAW and never needed more than about 10 continuous photos at Large, the Class 6 card seemed more than sufficient for my needs. But I wondered about the speed of the Class 10 cards enough that I finally bought one.

It turns out that the Class 10 card is sufficiently fast that there does not seem to be a reasonable upper limit on single Large photos. I have taken 60 on continuous without an issue. And although I still cannot take more than 9 RAW photos on continuous with the Class 10 card, when I am finished taking those photos the camera no longer displays a Wait - writing pictures screen. The RAW photos get written from the built-in memory to the card so quickly that the camera does not need to display the Wait screen.

So this card is fast! Given the way I take photos this purchase was unnecessary, but still I am glad I bought it. I know I will not run into a situation where speed is an issue with this card.
1111 comments| 597 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2010
I purchased this for use with my new Canon T2i. I use it primarily for shooting full resolution 1080p video, although I shoot stills as well.

The camera choked on the class 4 chip that I originally purchased, but with this one, it is amazing. I can shoot rapidfire 18 megapixel stills (I've tested it up to 30+ shots in a row), and there is no lag. I've never had an error when shooting hi-def video.

Highly recommended! I'm buying another one.
1111 comments| 565 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2011
I have two of these cards and bought them to use with a Canon 60D. My camera manual calls for class 6 or better. I thought I was saving money buying the transcend Class 10 for less than the SanDisk Class 6. This card is not capable of recording HD video on the 60D. It is not fast enough. After a couple seconds of shooting video the camera shows an ons creen indicator that looks like a buffer filling and ceases recording.

There is something everyone buying SD cards should know:

"Even though the class ratings are defined by a governing body, like × speed ratings, class speed ratings are quoted by the manufacturers and not verified by any independent evaluation process."

Long story made short this card is far slower than the SanDisk Extreme HD Video 16 GB SDHC Class 6 Memory Card (SDSDRX3-016G-A21). I had to demote both of these cards for use with point and shoot cameras.

Basically pay no attention to class when choosing a SD card, instead look at the read / write speeds.
162162 comments| 856 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 11, 2010
Update 3/6/2012 I own about 20 Transcend cards now. They have all worked without an issue untill today. I dread calling any company for return support because it usually is such a tortured experience...(Ever tried calling SanDisk for product support?) Withing 20 seconds of dialing I was connected to their representative Marc Crawford. He was able to quickly and clearly guide me to the support I needed. It was such a shockingly great experience that I wanted to pass it along to potential purchasers.

UPDATE 9-10 I own 4 of these cards now. I have more of these than any other card I own because they are a very good value for capacity/price/and speed. My initial disappointment over the lack of super high speed is outweighed by the reality that this card is an exceptional value.

If you own a compact digital camera, or SD/HD video camera, this card will exceed the capabilities of all of them. For compact cameras the card isn't usually the slowest part of the data write process, it's the camera.
This card unloads very quickly with a 20MB/s read speed. You will need a SDHC card reader if you don't have one. A standard SD card reader will not read a HC (high capacity) card.

These cards make great gifts. I have given several of the 8 Gig cards as gifts and have received appreciation and great comments from all the recipients.

UPDATED REVIEW:
I purchased this card making the assumption that all class 10 cards had the same read and write speed. This was a poor assumption on my part. In order for a card to qualify for class 10 speed the card needs to be certified to have 10MB/s write and read speed. Some manufacturers classify their cards at a slower speed even though they qualify for a higher class. SanDisk make some cards that would qualify for class 10 and rates them as class 6.

The product photo on Amazon does not have the card's speed printed on it. The card that was shipped shows the front of the card printed with "20MB/s" which is the cards read speed. The cards write speed is 16MB/s.

I own a SanDisk Extreme III class 10 card that has (up to) 30MB/s read and write speed. My Nikon D-90 that can take advantage of the SanDisk cards speed. The difference is the SanDisk card can capture 100 photos at fine resolution in 24 seconds. The Transcend card captures 66 photos in the same time/resolution.

I reality very few people will ever have the need to drill off 100 photos in 24 seconds, but I can't stand to lose a good shot because the camera is slow while writing to the card and I can't fire the shutter. You can hear this happen at about 4.5 seconds in the video review. This does not happen with the SanDisk class 10 30MB/s card.

If you own an SLR that is capable of rapid fire, high-resolution photography you may want to consider the SanDisk Extreme III 30 MB/s card. It is expensive.

This card is reasonably priced for a class 10 card. Just know what you are getting, what your needs may be, and what else is available. I own other Transcend cards and they have always worked properly without any issues.

The video that I attached shows this card with the same 24 seconds that I gave the SanDisk Card.

To see the SanDisk Extreme III 30MB/s video demo and review on Amazon go to:

Sandisk SDSDX3-008G-E31 8GB Extreme III SD Card 30MB/s (RETAIL PACKAGE)
114114 comments| 2,962 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2010
The "C10" is for "minimum sustaining speed" of 10mbps. The sustaining speed is critical if you're using for HD camcorder. There is other brand card that is also c10 but it costs more (2x) for its print of 30mbps on the card. It leads consumers into thinking that the higher price is worth for the 30mbps. However, the 30mbps is the "burst" speed. Burst speed is critical for HD camera and for doing copies. I have a HD camcorder and I'm very satisfied with this card after many hours for recording. I bought this card to do 100% of recording so it is the right price. I would buy the other high price brand card of 30mbps if I will do a lot of picture taking. The bottom line is to buy for the purpose of your usage.
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2010
OK. this card was around $47 for a class 10 16gb. The other card i bought was a Sandisk class 10 8gb for the around same price. I did a 10 sec stop watch test on both cards with my Rebel T1i on raw and the Sandisk was only faster by 1 shot in a 10 sec burst. to me it seems trivial to pay 47 bucks for a Sandisk 8gig when you can get 16 gigs for the same price. yes i know, the Sandisk is good for arctic and desert temperatures... but i live in western NY... not Antarctica or the Sahara. If your looking for a good card, with more gigs for your buck, the Transcend is well worth it.
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 6, 2016
Between the two recent AirShows ( Wings Over Camarillo, CA and MCAS Miramar, San Deigo-CA ) and over 1200 pictures that I've taken at these events I can highly recommend you this Inexpensive and reliable SD card for your DSLR Camera

Performance
------------------
- I purchased this SD card from Amazon specifically for the two Airshows mentioned above that I had been planning to visit for almost an year now and I wanted something fast , reliable and one that does not break the bank for my Nikon D5100 DSLR kit. And based on those parameters and my experience, it fits the bill perfectly
- I used this SD card for several sustained 'Burst Shots' in Sports mode for capturing fast moving aircraft or taking a fast pic at the right moment when to aircraft were doing a fast head-on flyby (see pics) and this card did not let me down in any of those moments
- I also did a synthetic benchmark performance test using the free software CrystalDiskMark :

Claimed Performance : "Upto" 30 Mb/S Read and Write, 10 Mb/s Guaranteed
Actual Performance : 44 Mb/S Read Max , 27 MB/s Write Max

Overall Read Performance : 31 % Faster than max theoretical value claimed
Overall Write Performance : 11% Slower than max theoretical value claimed

The Good
-------------
- Solid real world performance for taking Hi-Res RAW images in Burst mode without any issues
- Excellent synthetic performance in benchmark tests as well
- Comes with a plastic case for safe storage
- Super inexpensive
- 30 GB usable storage space
- Good warranty policy

Cons
--------
- I have nothing to complain about this card at its price point
- A word of warning thought , because this SD card is so popular, there are plenty of fakes out there , I would HIGHLY recommend verifying your product serial number with the Product Verification Tool on Transcend's official website

Final Thoughts
----------------------
If you are looking for a good , reliable SD card that is good enough for fast, sustained burst photography that does not break the bank, you are looking at the right place. I can highly recommend this card
on May 20, 2016
I bought this card in good faith because it was recommended along with the Nikon Coolpix camera in one of those Amazon suggestions. Well, guess what... as soon as it got here, the camera didn't recognize it. The manual has a limited list of brands that are guaranteed to work with the camera, and Transcend is NOT on it. This is FALSE ADVERTISING. Only buy brand names (Sandisk, Toshiba, Panasonic, and Lexar are the ones listed in the manual.) Yes, it would be nice to save a few dollars, but it isn't worth it to put the card in only to see that the camera can't read it. I really needed to use the camera as soon as I got it, and now I'm going to have to wait until a Sandisk card gets here. And there was no way to find out without reading the manual... which didn't get here until the camera did. NOT real happy about this.
Enthusiast: Photographyon March 23, 2011
This video review is misleading and a fraud. But that's only a bad thing for SanDisk as this Transcend card is literally more than 99% as fast as the most expensive SanDisk card you can buy for a Nikon D90. Hell, this video is the reason I bought the SanDisk card.

In the video review where he states "...The difference is the SanDisk card can capture 100 photos at fine resolution in 24 seconds. The Transcend card captures 66 photos in the same time/resolution" he is lying. I too have a Sandisk Extreme III card, a Transcend Class 10, a Transcend Class 6 card and a Nikon D90. I repeated this frame rate test at several resolutions. At EVERY resolution, there is EXTREMELY LITTLE frame rate difference between these cards. The truth is that even Transcend Class 6 cards offer essentially the same frame rate at the same resolution as the most expensive SanDisk card you can buy. The ONLY way you can get a D90 to shoot at maximum advance rate for 100 shots (without any buffer lag) is to drop to a low resolution and AS LONG AS YOU ARE RUNNING TRANSCEND CLASS 6 OR HIGHER, YOU WILL GET THE FASTEST FRAME RATE A NIKON D90 OR D7000 CAN MUSTER.

I also own a Nikon D7000 that shoots at a substantially faster maximum advance AND writes MUCH larger files. At highest resolution of RAW + Fine Large jpeg, the difference between this Transcend Class 10 card, the SanDisk Extreme III and a Transcend Class 6 card is insignificant. We're talking about approximately 0.2 frames difference in a 4-second burst at Continuous High advance. All cards burn down the buffer in less than 2 seconds and then you are in jerky buffer-restricted advance at the same rate regardless of card.

Food for thought: SanDisk marketed their Extreme 30MB/second cards as BOTH Class 6 and Class 10 at different times. They are the same cards. The TRUE difference between Class 6 and Class 10 is, wait for it... MARKETING. Wonder why Transcend Class 6 cards cost about the same as their Class 10 cards? Probably because they perform the same and likely ARE the same...

This and the Transcend Class 6 card get 5 stars because they are literally over 99% as fast as the SanDisk "30MB/s" cards at a fraction of the price. Do NOT waste your money on SanDisk cards. They do not improve frame rate over Transcend Class 6 or 10 cards nor do they transfer to computer any faster. I'd only give the SanDisk cards 2 stars because they perform well but are EXTREMELY overpriced.
on May 12, 2013
The 1-star threads are like watching a committee of blind men describing an elephant. Unsurprisingly, no one has the complete picture, but a lot of Canon owners think these cards are bogus. SD card technology is very complex, the Class system is often misunderstood, and there is a long history of compromised cards appearing on eBay -- or even from reputable dealers who have been hoodwinked. Kingston cards are most often faked (or taken from the midnight production run); that's because Kingston has about a third of the flash card market and doesn't forge their own chips, but any manufacturer can be spoofed. It doesn't pay to buy cheap cards on eBay or less reputable sources.

An SD card contains a controller chip and flash memory chips, even the microSD versions. Realize that SD means Secure Digital, and that security comes from crypto managed by the controller (MMC cards didn't have that bloat, but Hollywood DRM requirements made sure they faded.) The controller can be pretty powerful: the Samsung SD controller is a 32-bit ARM TDMI chip with 128 k of code space -- that's cell phone power. It handles I/O and fading (when the card slowly wears out its NAND sites after about 100,000 hits so writing is randomly distributed and kept track of), the factory self-test, and a host of other functions, but it can also be programmed to report a false storage capacity. Sometimes the firmware on the controller or its crypto or something else on certain cards leads to problems with certain hardware, as it has, for example, with the Samsung Galaxy III and maybe the Canon cameras. Usually the card is found to confirm to SDcard dot Org specifications and the hardware is to blame, but you never know.

To test the actual capacity of your card, use H2testw, which is free. It writes the full amount of data to the card and then reads it back (this nukes whatever was on the card). This can take more than an hour with a 32 GB card but it tells you if the card indeed holds 32 GB or has problems. It also gives you read and write speed numbers, but it's unclear whether the numbers are for random read/write, or sequential read/write. Sequential write is what photographers and videographers care most about.

Sometimes a Class 6 card might test faster than a Class 10 card, when using computer read/write tests or even in a camera that wasn't designed with higher capacity cards in mind. That's because they use smaller block sizes (there's no cache on an SD card). Explaining the significance of this is getting too far into the weeds for an Amazon review, and modern devices and their firmware should not have that limitation.

To test random and sequential read/write speed, use CrystalDiskMark, also free. Run the full suite; it won't take long. CrystalDiskMark requires that the card be formatted, and the most reliable way to do that is to use the free tool from sdcard dot org. A 32 GB card will may report 39.9 GB before formatting and 29.8 GB after; don't worry, you haven't been ripped off.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to read the manufacturer's ID off the SD card, even in Linux, to determine who actually made the card, because you have to have it connected directly to a motherboard; an SD-to-USB adapter won't work because it doesn't pass through disk data, and that's what's in nearly all computers. But what do you care, so long as the card's as big and fast as claimed?

Now, what about the Transcend 32 GB SDHC C10 card? Here are full test results from CrystalDiskMark:

Transcend 32 GB SDHC C10

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 3.003 MB/s [ 733.2 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.414 MB/s [ 345.1 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 3.491 MB/s [ 852.3 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 1.842 MB/s [ 449.8 IOPS]

Test : 50 MB [F: 0.0% (0.0/29.3 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2013/05/12 18:19:47

So you can see that the sequential write speed, what matters to a photographer or videographer, is over 13 MB/s, more than 30% above the C10 spec. The other speeds aren't to shabby, either. There's no way that this card is too slow for a contemporary camera, still or video, that is functioning properly.

Also on Amazon for a very attractive price is a Sony 32 MB SD card. Here are the full CrystalDiskMark test results for it:

Sony 32 GB SDHS USH-I

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 3.682 MB/s [ 899.0 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 2.302 MB/s [ 561.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 4.517 MB/s [ 1102.8 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 2.323 MB/s [ 567.0 IOPS]

So the Sony is slightly faster, 40% over spec. H2testw also reported full capacity and no errors for this card, so they are both top notch (The Sony doesn't come with a little case and the case for the Transcend case is about twice as big as it needs to be and so won't fit in the little pockets in a modern camera bag. Big deals.)

Just for reference, here are the results for a contemporary USB thumb drive:

SanDisk Ultra 32 GB USB thumb drive

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 3.719 MB/s [ 908.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 0.520 MB/s [ 126.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 3.871 MB/s [ 945.0 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.482 MB/s [ 117.7 IOPS]

As you can see, this USB drive is faster than the SD cards for reading, such as playing music, running software, or looking up data, which shows that it is nicely optimized for its intended functions.

As an aside, anyone who thinks they have lost data on an SD card can recover pictures using the free tool at z-a-recovery or recover everything(!) with the free PhotoRec tools.

So, if people want to whine about these SD cards in their particular cameras, they should run these simple, free tests and reach their own conclusions about whether the cards are "too slow." The cards test above spec objectively. And they both work flawlessly on my still (not Canon) and video cameras. I think they have gotten a bad rap here from people who don't have the full picture, so to speak.

I'll also post this as a review, and on the Sony 32 GB page, too. I hope you found it informative.