Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

15,039
Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E)
Capacity: 32GB|Style: Card Only|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on April 11, 2010
Update 3/6/2012 I own about 20 Transcend cards now. They have all worked without an issue untill today. I dread calling any company for return support because it usually is such a tortured experience...(Ever tried calling SanDisk for product support?) Withing 20 seconds of dialing I was connected to their representative Marc Crawford. He was able to quickly and clearly guide me to the support I needed. It was such a shockingly great experience that I wanted to pass it along to potential purchasers.

UPDATE 9-10 I own 4 of these cards now. I have more of these than any other card I own because they are a very good value for capacity/price/and speed. My initial disappointment over the lack of super high speed is outweighed by the reality that this card is an exceptional value.

If you own a compact digital camera, or SD/HD video camera, this card will exceed the capabilities of all of them. For compact cameras the card isn't usually the slowest part of the data write process, it's the camera.
This card unloads very quickly with a 20MB/s read speed. You will need a SDHC card reader if you don't have one. A standard SD card reader will not read a HC (high capacity) card.

These cards make great gifts. I have given several of the 8 Gig cards as gifts and have received appreciation and great comments from all the recipients.

UPDATED REVIEW:
I purchased this card making the assumption that all class 10 cards had the same read and write speed. This was a poor assumption on my part. In order for a card to qualify for class 10 speed the card needs to be certified to have 10MB/s write and read speed. Some manufacturers classify their cards at a slower speed even though they qualify for a higher class. SanDisk make some cards that would qualify for class 10 and rates them as class 6.

The product photo on Amazon does not have the card's speed printed on it. The card that was shipped shows the front of the card printed with "20MB/s" which is the cards read speed. The cards write speed is 16MB/s.

I own a SanDisk Extreme III class 10 card that has (up to) 30MB/s read and write speed. My Nikon D-90 that can take advantage of the SanDisk cards speed. The difference is the SanDisk card can capture 100 photos at fine resolution in 24 seconds. The Transcend card captures 66 photos in the same time/resolution.

I reality very few people will ever have the need to drill off 100 photos in 24 seconds, but I can't stand to lose a good shot because the camera is slow while writing to the card and I can't fire the shutter. You can hear this happen at about 4.5 seconds in the video review. This does not happen with the SanDisk class 10 30MB/s card.

If you own an SLR that is capable of rapid fire, high-resolution photography you may want to consider the SanDisk Extreme III 30 MB/s card. It is expensive.

This card is reasonably priced for a class 10 card. Just know what you are getting, what your needs may be, and what else is available. I own other Transcend cards and they have always worked properly without any issues.

The video that I attached shows this card with the same 24 seconds that I gave the SanDisk Card.

To see the SanDisk Extreme III 30MB/s video demo and review on Amazon go to:

Sandisk SDSDX3-008G-E31 8GB Extreme III SD Card 30MB/s (RETAIL PACKAGE)
2,967 helpful votes
2,968 helpful votes
5150+ comments|Report abuse
I find these transcend SDHC cards to be better than the SanDisk products. I was having some issues with the SanDisk ones- my camera was saying they were slow. I have not had that problem with these Transcend cards. They are working very well for me. The speed is faster and they are the same class as the SanDisk ones that I purchased. I found that my videos on the sandisk were not uploading correctly and were taking hours to upload a 5 minute video. I have had none of those issues with the Transcend SDHC cards. I find them to work much better and my uploading speeds are higher and so much faster with these. I will continue to buy them.

Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS16GSDHC10E)
on July 23, 2016
I had bought a Nikon D5100 camera a few years back and needed a memory card for it. I've had a lot of memory cards for older point and shoot cameras. They were all from Transcend and I've never had any issues with those. So I decided to stick with the same brand. This time around I needed something with more storage capacity. I purchased the 16 GB size memory card.

The 16 GB was the perfect size for us. We don't usually leave a lot of pictures and videos on our camera. As soon as we get the chance, we upload all the pictures and videos onto our computer/laptop and then delete them from the memory card to clear up more space. But even with that we've never come close to using up all the space on this memory card. We don't take many videos but take tons and tons of pictures.

This is a great memory card for the price you pay. I've never had any issues with this or any of the other previous Transcend memory cards. Very good brand and would highly recommend this.
0Comment|Report abuse
I'm very happy with this flash card. I originally bought it for my new camera, which it is has worked well in. It holds a TON of photos, easily transfers to my computer, seems to be well made, and has worked well each time I've used it. I can use this to take seemingly limitless photos - and the quality of the photos is good. I know that has more to do with the camera, but I've had flash cards that have degraded the quality of my photos. This one didn't do that. I used to only by Sandisk, but no more. These are a great value!

Bottom Line: I really like this brand. The cost is amazing, the quality is great, and I have yet to fill it up. Even on a week long vacation of taking so many photos I got "photog finger". (Haha Don't even know if there even is such a thing.) I'm now a Transcend follower and will buy another flash card from this brand when I need one. Oh - and it arrived very quickly. I'm a happy camper!
on May 17, 2016
When I bought my Canon Powershot SX 400 IS, I know I will need a new SD card so I thought I will buy this.
It came in Frustration Free Packaging and lots of papers and warranty card.
I have different kinds of SD card but I think this is my first SDHC card Class 10.
Works great in my new camera and it transfers fast in my computer.
I have no problem with it.
It came fast, the same day my camera came so I am pretty happy.
I don’t know the exact capacity because the moment I was able to charge the battery of my camera and put the card in and take pictures, I download them all on my computer and delete the files on my card.
I'm going to buy a higher GB if I wanna take videos and an extra battery for my camera.
review imagereview imagereview image
on June 1, 2016
I purchased this 32gb memory card to use in my gaming system to save downloaded games onto. It is a class 10 memory card and as far as memory cards so I always try to get the class 10 cards because they are the quickest for transferring data. This card will hold a lot and is just what I needed for my games. It has been very reliable and has not given me any fail issues. It is the standard sized SD high capacity card and it comes in a nice plastic case for storage. Good to have if you plan to take this card anywhere outside or plan to stick it in a bag. This is a great card and does everything the higher costing brand name cards do for a fraction of the cost. I am very satisfied with this card and I have gotten cards from this brand before. Never an issue with them.
on May 18, 2016
This works very well for my application, which is in a 2015 Dodge Durango SD slot (UConnect 8.4N RA4). Many car SD card slots are limited to cards formatted with the FAT32 filesystem, and the maximum size of a card formatted with FAT32 is (as the name implies) 32GB, so for a lot of cars, this is the best you'll get without some luck and or/hacking. Many also list a maximum speed "class" of 8, but selection of those is pretty slim and usually far more expensive these days. Oftentimes, Class 10 will work just fine.

I've owned several Transcend products, from flash drives to SD cards to an SSD, and I've never had a single issue. Flash memory is inherently stable, of course, but Transcend has yet to let me down. I use their flash memory in my phone, car, and computers. Sure, you could spend more, but really, flash memory is made in two factories, that's it. Both make good products, and you'll get the same thing no matter what the label is, as long as it is a recognized name brand and not a nonbranded knockoff which often uses far smaller capacity chips than listed. Transcend offers great value and a recognized name.

With Class 10 speeds, the card ceases to be a bottleneck like they were years ago. YOu may notice it takes some time to completely fill the card with ~30GB of data, but that's to be expected with SD currently.It certainly won't slow down reading of music or writing of photos from the camera.

Fully Class 10 compliant, Transcend’s Premium SDXC/SDHC Class 10 Cards help improve camera response with ultra-fast read speeds of up to 30MB per second. This outstanding performance is ideal for capturing high-resolution photographs and flawless Full HD videos.Transcend's SDXC/SDHC Class 10 Series memory cards come in a wide range of capacities from 8GB to 128GB to fit your storage needs. Whether you have a simple point and shoot or a high-end DSLR, they are the perfect everyday SDHC card to have during all occasions. The versatile SDXC/SDHC Class 10 cards support the latest Class 10 compliant cameras and camcorders, and are also backward compatible with any devices below Class 10. To improve post production efficiency, maximize the transfer rate by pairing the SDHC card with Transcend's USB 3.0 RDF8 Card Reader to achieve a speed of up to 22MB/s. With a purchase of Transcend’s SDXC/SDHC Class 10 memory cards, you can download RecoveRx software for free. This user-friendly application allows you to conduct an in-depth search within your storage device for traces of erased files to be recovered.
0Comment|Report abuse
I purchased this Transcend 16 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card TS16GSDHC10E about 1 year ago, for use in my Canon EOS Rebel T1i. So far I have zero problems with its performance or reliability.

I benchmarked the card upon its arrival, using the free Flash Memory Toolkit. Here are my findings:
- For small file size of 1MB, it achieved a write speed of 9.9MB/s
- For larger files of 2-5MB (typical photo application), its write speed is around 12.5MB/s
- The read speed is consistently high at around 17MB/s
(see my uploaded chart in 'Customer Images' section for details)

I then tested this card using H2testw v1.4, which measures the sequential read/write speed of 1GB files (typical video application). It achieved even better speed of 14.6GB/s write, and 17.8GB/s read.

For a card to be marketed as 'class-10', it must be able to deliver a minimum sequential write speed of 10MB/s. This Transcend card exceeds the spec by a huge margin. It is a great value especially at the present low price.

[Aside]
I noticed a disturbing trend recently. Many flash memory card manufacturers seem to be loosening their standard for 'class-10', in oreder to sell slower cards at premium prices. Cases in point:
- The PNY 32 GB microSDHC is marketed as a 'class-10', but it is generally slower than a class-4 SanDisk microSDHC
- The Kingston Digital 16 GB Class 10 SDHC Card SD10G2 performs much slower than Kingston 'class-4' card when used in a digital camera.
- The SanDisk Ultra 16 GB 6 SDHC (SDSDRH-016G-A11) was called a 'class-4' one year ago. But now the same Ultra card is marketed as a 'class-6'. Although to be fair, the old Sandisk Ultra card actually performed better than most other brands of 'class-6' cards.
review image
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
Enthusiast: Photographyon January 28, 2015
These cards have the following problem after many insertions or extractions into an SD card reader.
To the left of the card is a slider switch. Said switch when unlocked in a fully upward position will allow your PC to delete files on the SD card.
When the switch is in a downward position it is locked and your PC cannot modify the files on the card.
HOWEVER!!
When you insert this card into a card reader in a totally upward or unlocked position, the slider moves ever so little downwards. Even half a millimeter is enough, and your pc cannot modify the files.
In theory all the way up is unlocked and all the way down is locked. This is not true, an infinitesimally small distance downwards will also lock the card.
I have tried many ways to keep the slider all the way up, such as a small amount of tape, or using a toothpick to insert the card to ensure the slider does not move. Out of 5 tries, one is successful. But this is a huge waste of time.
I have three of these cards and all three have the same problem.
0Comment|Report abuse
I have always used SD Cards (Secure Digital) for my cameras until I discovered SDHC card (Secure Digital High Capacity) cards. What is the difference? SDHC cost a lot more, but they must be doing something special. Here's the gist:

SDHC - Secure Digital High Capacity memory cards are flash memory cards with a minimum capacity of 4GB (gigabytes). SDHC cards are the same size as an ordinary SD Card - about the size of a postage stamp.

Secure Digital Cards have been around for almost a decade and SDHC Cards are a newer version developed for use with digital cameras and other devices that don't just require a higher capacity card, but also one that comes with higher performance. Here is something I found on Wikipedia: "SDHC cards are designed for devices that are compatible with the SD 2.00 specification. Products designed exclusively to support previous SD specifications 1.0 and 1.1 will not be able to utilize SDHC cards".

This is confusing (kind of), but you can use an SDHC card as a SD card, but not always the other way around for good quality.

There is also a new feature out - "Classification of Data Transfer Speed (DTS)".

SD cards can record video up to 40X (6MB/Sec), but it starts slow (like, 0.1 MB/Sec) and then increases to 6MB/Sec (40X speed). It is an average speed recording. However, an SDHC card starts and finished at 6MB/Sec - 40x Speed, but has a top speed of 20MB/Sec - 133x Speed. That means your video is very clear and crisp on that high resolution flat screen!

Of course, the SDHC cards are more expensive than SD cards, but you get a far better quality.

Note that on a 12.1 megapixel camera this 32 GB card records over 7,600 high quality pictures or almost 8 hours of film! That is impressive! Also, the built-in hardware ECC technology is great at detecting and correcting errors. You can view all your imaging on a flat screen television with (1920 X 1080) quality!

I found that I had anything from a 512 MB SD card to an 8 MB SD card. There just was no point in having all these loose cards. Now with an SDHC, I can record more video at a higher quality and capacity. So it's worth the money in the end. You can get NEW cards at a cheaper price on Amazon, but I would advise against getting a used card. Like the adage goes, "You just don't know where that thing has been!"