Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 408 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 431 reviews
on July 28, 2014
I used this micro SD in a ROKU 3. (Yeah, I know 8GB is overkill for a ROKU but I overdo everything). When you get the screen that says an SD card has been detected and you are asked if you want to format it, click the "format" button. It will format part of it (maybe 50 or 60%) and then kick back to the "SD detected..." screen. Just be patient, click Format again and it'll format a bit more and then kick back to that "detected" screen again. You might have to do this 4 or 5 times before the ROKU formats all of it. Eventually it will and on the Settings-About screen , you'll see an SD card down at the bottom and showing its size as 7.8 GB (that's the correct size because years ago, HDD makers, et. al., started defining a KB as 1000 bytes instead of 1024 bytes- makes 'em seem bigger. This lie created a mathematical error which will be with us forever. Any 8GB card will be shown as 7.8GB)

None of the above nonsense means that there's anything wrong with this SD card. ROKU can just get picky now and then.

By the way, I've used this same brand of card in the Raspberry PI and it worked fine.
on December 14, 2016
Bought this exactly one year ago to use in my Panasonic camera which gets very little use. It's gotten progressively worse. When I insert it into a slot, my camera and my computer recognize that there's something there, but they can no longer read or write data to it.

I'm sure that it's the memory card and not the devices because both devices (camera and computer) can read and write other memory cards that I own with no errors.
on August 28, 2011
I tested this device under lab conditions. here are the results:

Testing conditions:
interface: Kingston USB card reader with USB 2 high speed PC interface.
Tested with and without the supplied uSD to SD card interface.

Write speed: 12MB/Sec.
Read speed: 18MB/Sec.

Capacity: 8,010,072,064 Bytes (after formatting).
Formatted file system: FAT32.

this uSD may be fast enough for full HD recording in real time, since it has a 12MB/sec write speed which is 96Mbit/Sec.
on June 14, 2012
I just hooked this newly bought micro-SD card into the bay of my laptop, a Sony VAIO S, mfd.2012.
I copied the contents of my old cell-phone SD card (already in the laptop's hard drive) into this new Transcend 16 GB Class 10 card. The contents are very varied, from hundreds of tiny android files, to tenths of medium sized (~10 MB) MP3 files, to a dozen not-so-large (~60 MB) videos.
The copy was done in Windows XP, with a regular drag'n'drop.

Files copied: 1233
Total size: 3.33 GB (3 577 251 119 bytes)
Time taken: 6'42" (or 402")
------------------------------
Average speed: 8.9 MB/sec

That's my practical result. According to this, some would deny its "class 10" status. But, how can you be sure the bottleneck isn't elsewhere, like the SD bay speed capacity, antivirus checking on the traveling files or whatever other factor? I don't know for sure, so I'll leave the speculations for the reader.

A last note: I particularly like the accompanying Transcend's micro-SD adapter (I have an identical one from a previous Transcend and keep it inside the laptop's bay all the time, for practicality). I've seen many bad quality adapters out there, so this is worth a mention.
on March 25, 2017
Works as described. Having the adapter is a plus! If you have any other micro card, the adapter can be used with it too.
on March 29, 2017
This is a great item, and I am so glad that you are carrying it. Thanks!
on April 11, 2017
put them in our rokus. worked fine
on August 15, 2017
It works and it was a good price.
on June 13, 2014
Is the second micro sd that I buy of this brand and works great simple and reliable.

Is good that brings the adapter so I can use it sometimes on my Nintendo Wii, but most of the time it is inside a Samsung Galaxy SII, working fine several months after its purchase.
on January 24, 2016
Used 2 of these for additional storage in my Roku 3 boxes. Works as it should. Having the sdhc adapter was a bonus. Good price and good product.