Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

Transcend 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card Up to 60MB/s (TS64GSDU1)
Capacity: 64GB|Style: 400X|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

When I first tested this product (Transcend Information 32 GB High Speed 10 UHS Flash Memory Card TS32GSDU1) around end of last year, I was quite happy with the results. According to CrystalDiskMark v3.01, the card delivered a Sequential Read speed of 20MB/s and Write speed of 19MB/s. This means it far exceeded the minimum speed requirement for a 'class-10' card, which is just 10MB/s in Write. On the other hand, those number are no where close to the '300x' printed on the card, which implies 45MB/s.

I suspect that the card reader I used (Transcend M5) was limiting the speed of this card. So recently I re-tested this card using the Transcend USB 3.0 Card Reader (TS-RDF5K). I was delighted to see dramatic increases in both Read and Write speeds:

- Sequential Read speed increased from 20.0MB/s to 34.8MB/s (+74%)
- Sequential Write speed increased from 19.0MB/s to 29.0MB/s (+53%)

One important point to note: I did my benchmark with the RDF5 card reader plugged in to an USB 2.0 port. The theoretical speed limit for USB 2.0 port is 60MB/s, but in practice the most you can get is around 60%, or 36MB/s. So the maximum speed of my Transcend card is still being limited by the USB 2.0 port. I expect both the Read and Write speeds to be even higher if I can conduct my benchmark from an USB 3.0 port.

Just for comparison:
- My old Transcend TS16GSDHC10E says 'class-10' but not 'UHS'. It delivers 21.7MB/s in Read and 16.8MB/s in Write, under identical test conditions.
- The SanDisk Ultra SDSDU-032G-U46 claims both 'UHS' and 'class-10'. Its Read speed maxed-out at 38.8MB/s, but its Write speed pales at just 12.7MB/s.
(See the benchmark results of several SDHC cards I uploaded to 'Customer Images' section)

Conclusion:
This Transcend UHS card is one of my fastest SDHC cards, together with the HP CG790A-AZ Class 10 SDHC. The two cards are neck-and-neck in terms of Read/Write speeds. But currently the Transcend card is cheaper, which makes it a better value.

By the way, I have used at least one dozen Transcend memory cards (including CF, SD and micro-SD) over the past decade, and have never encountered any card failures. So I have no questions about the reliability of Transcend products.
review image
1616 comments| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 11, 2014
I am a professional photographer with a bunch of cameras, and I also teach photography and computer science at the local college, so I have and use quite a few memory cards. I have been buying this brand for a while now and have never had a failure. Even the one which went through the wash still works fine, although I do not recommend that treatment as a general rule.
0Comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 23, 2015
I use my two cameras on a daily basis for fun and a little profit. I have traveled just about around the world. I demand my equipment work as hard as I do.

I wont risk missing a shot or even worse getting the perfect shot and then having the Flash Memory not work. I have been using Transcend 64GB Flash Memory for over a year now.

I will not shoot with anything but this Flash Memory. My time and my profits are too valuable to risk with anything but the finest. rechargeable. I am more than happy to use as well as recommend this product to anyone who needs the highest value equipment.
on June 27, 2014
I was always a fanatic for SanDisk SDHC cards, but their prices progressively became higher. I decided to try Transcend and no regrets whatsoever. And now that they have the speed to match or even exceed Sandisk in performance and value, thats where my money goes. Both of these brands are great, however, if you want more bang for your buck, Transcend is the way to go. With the savings, you can stock up on 2 for just a little more of what Sandisk cost. Like I said no issues or problems on any of my 6 cameras. Did I mention they're Fantastically Perfect for Video as well?
on October 6, 2015
Like so many SD cards I have tried, this card has dreadful performance on small writes. Unlike so many other SD cards I have tested, its performance on larger but randomly placed writes is merely poor, and I do not see long stalls when the load includes a mix of reads and writes. Naturally, the read performance is where the maker clearly concentrated.

For linear reads, I saw over 75MB/s, for large random reads, over 55MB/s. For write performance, it cleared 13MB/s linear and 3MB/s large random (most cards I have tested can't hold 1MB/s for large random writes). The small random reads were over 6MB/s. The <1MB/s small random writes were a bit disappointing, though, and the just better than zero transfer rate with multiple outstanding writes says the card can't deal with multiple streams at once. Copying a set of files that ranged up to 100MB per file (with an average over 1MB per file) achieved around 4MB/s.

Overall, it could be tolerable as a file storage card, and it looks like it might make a useable camera card if your camera has a reasonable write buffer.

The 32GB version of this card has clearly better write performance and does not choke on multiple streams; I would recommend it instead, unless your device can not handle it.

I have had no issues with corruption or data loss so far, but I have not had this card a long time.
review image
on August 16, 2016
The photo posted is not of the card sold. The picturd card has a 60mb/s speed and 400x. The card sold is correctly described in the item details. It is a 45mb/s 300x card. I found this frustrating and misleading. I compared the picture of the product which boasted higher speeds than the actual item to make my selection. I went as far as to return the first item shipped to me because it did not match the image before I discovered the description differed.
on July 8, 2014
I haven't bought an SD card in some years, and I got this one for less than I paid for just a 2GB card years ago... Yes it's been that long ago. I got it to work with my new Canon Power Shot SX50 HS. I have three Canon cameras, two are DSLR and now this point and shoot camera. I thought nothing about the writing speed until I put one of my older cards in the new camera. With the older cards, after each picture I took, there was a delay with 'camera processing" or something like that showing up for about five seconds. With this new card, there is no delay. Yes, no DELAY. I was so impressed, I put it into my EOS 60D. In this camera, I never noticed any writing speeds change, but I didn't have any problems with my old SD cards either. The next HUGE change in speed I noticed was when I plugged the new card into my computer. I transferred about 30 full resolution images from the new card in about four seconds. Not hyper speed by any measure but, with my old cards, this would have easily been 10 or more seconds. So, the speed claim is exactly on spot with me.

I was so impressed, I have ordered a second one for my EOS 60D to replace the slow 2GB card.
0Comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I bought this card to use in my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 4K, Point and Shoot Camera with Leica Lens 16X Zoom (Black) and it's working nicely. Even when I'm capturing both RAW and jpeg simultaneously (nice feature of the Lumix), I'm getting in the vicinity of 450 frames on this 16 gig card. I will buy a faster version of this card to use with the Lumix once I start to shoot 4K video, but for now I'm only using it for stills and lower-res videos. I can't say I really notice much of a speed advantage shooting, but I will say the cards seem to download faster.

I've been using Transcend cards (I probably own three dozen) for several years and on a daily basis and I've never had any problems whatsoever. I would say I've shot in excess of 100,000 photos on these cards (most of them are just 8 gigs) and haven't lost a single frame--something I can't say of other brands.

For the price, these are a bargain and I prefer them over all other cards.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 7, 2014
For the price you can't go wrong. I bought four of these cards for my two Nikon D7000's. They really do help the camera to clear the buffer quicker when your shooting burst shots. I do a decent amount of wildlife photography. The D7000 has a 15 shot RAW buffer when its set to 12-bit RAW. My old cards were regular class 10 cards with a 20mb wright speed. These are more then double that and it shows. If I filled the buffer on my D7000 with my old cards I'd have to wait about 8 or 9 seconds for the buffer to clear. With these cards its about 6 seconds. However if you shoot like a normal human being and actually anticipate the shot beforehand then you won't have any issues. I usually only shoot 3 or 4 shot bursts anyways because the moment is there and gone in an instant.

I also have one of these cards in my D3100 (purchased before the sale). That camera has a 13 shot buffer when shooting RAW. I've also noticed that the D3100 benefits from these cards to as the buffer does clear faster.
on September 18, 2014
This review is for the 32GB Memory Card (TS32GSDU1E).

I purchased this card for use in a Nintento 3DS XL.

The first thing I did was format the card with SDFormatter.

The following benchmark was performed using CrystalDiskMark 3.0.3 x64 and an Anker® USB 3.0 Card Reader plugged into a USB 3.0 port.

* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 6.943 MB/s [ 1695.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 1.350 MB/s [ 329.5 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 7.504 MB/s [ 1831.9 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 0.934 MB/s [ 228.0 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [J: 0.0% (0.0/29.5 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2014/09/18 21:26:05
OS : Windows 7 Professional SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)

I am very happy with this purchase!