Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Transcend 16GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card Up to 30MB/s (TS16GSDHC10)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tall Heights Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

14,425
Format: Personal Computers|Change
Price:$5.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on November 1, 2010
I use this memory card to shoot HD video on a Canon Rebel T2i HDSLR camera. I need a high transfer speed to ensure footage doesn't get lost or distorted. So far, this card works great for that purpose and operates even better when I take pictures. Highly recommend.
on January 14, 2013
UPDATE 1/16/2013:

Received 2x replacement 8GB cards from Amazon and re-tested the Write performance on several systems. Again MAX write performance is in the 9MB/s range - far, far lower than the advertised speeds. Infact the replacement cards actually have a significantly worse write speed for "Random 512KB" blocks than the 2 prior cards (Down from 4MB/s to less than 1MB/s). I verified the serial no's of both new cards on the Transcend website to make sure they were not counterfeit - they are not. My conclusion is Transcend are selling subpar product that does not meet their own advertised claims.

Will now be returning these cards and avoiding all Transcend products in the future.

As a side note I feel compelled to share my experience with Amazon's Return process - Amazon make the return process extremely easy and customer friendly. They provided excellent service throughout the automated and very easy process and I was able receive replacement product the very next day! Amazing service Amazon!

ORIGIONAL Review 1/14/2013:

Just received 2x of the 8GB version of these cards and neither of them perform to my expectations for a card advertised as 'Class 10'. While read speeds are as expected / as stated the write speeds are not. Both cards I received have MAX write speeds in the range of 9.0MB/s to 9.4MB/s - ~50% less than advertised. H2testw results return even lower speeds and are included at the footer of this review.
Amazon has images of the card including one stating "Read: 20MB/s; Write: 15MB/s". Also, per the product description the manufacturer states "...ultra-fast read/write transfer rates of up to 20/18 MB/s". Either I have received 2 defective (or counterfeit cards) or both transcend and Amazon's statements are baloney (at least for the 8GB version of these cards)!
I have many SanDisk Class 4 and PNY Class 6 SD cards that have faster write speeds than these alleged "Class 10" cards.

Does anyone else have Read/Write speed test results specifically for the 8GB version of these cards? I am interested to know if the speeds I measured are indicative of all 8GB models.

Bottom line is I do not recommend these cards. I will be RMA'ing both cards as they are not as advertised. Once I receive replacements I will provide a further update regarding the write speeds.

----------------------------------------

Test results from H2testw_1.4:
(Note the slightly different capacities too)

CARD#1:
=================================
Warning: Only 7678 of 7679 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 8.08 MByte/s
Reading speed: 18.4 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

CARD#2:
=================================
Warning: Only 7686 of 7687 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 9.10 MByte/s
Reading speed: 18.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
review image
on December 24, 2010
At the time I am writing this review, the Transcend 8gb class 10 SDHC card is priced at an incredible value. That is the primary reason why I am giving this SDHC card a high rating. Frankly, as far as class 10 memory goes, this is a pretty slow card, and I think it performs more like a class 4 in terms of write speed. However, for most people, this card is really fast enough. It can copy images to a computer very quickly, and most people don't even have a camera with shooting speeds that are limited by the memory card. If you own a dSLR, and speed is your concern, check out SanDisk class 10. If getting reasonable speeds at a bargain price is your concern, look no further and buy this card.

I compared the following four SD memory cards:

1) Kingston 2 GB SD Flash Memory Card 2-Pack SD/2GB-2P
2) Lexar SDHC 4 GB Class 6 Flash Memory Card 100x Jewel Case Envelope Bulk LSD4GBBE100
3) Transcend 8GB Class 10 SDHC Card (TS8GSDHC10)
4) Sandisk 8GB Extreme SDHC Card-Class 10 (SDSDX3-008G-A31)

I compared the photo shooting speeds and the speeds to copy pictures onto a computer for the four different SD cards. I inserted the SD card into my Canon T1i dSRL, formatted the SD card, and shot in RAW+jpeg (which in this case was two files, 19.5mb and 4.7mb respectively). I timed how long it took to shoot 20 pictures, and then I timed how long it took to move those 40 files onto my computer. The T1i buffer filled up after 4.5 shots, so the remaining shots all depended on the write speed of the memory card. I didn't see too much difference in the time it took to copy the files to my computer, but there was a noticeable difference in the shooting speeds. The SanDisk class 10 SDHC card was clearly the fastest, but it was also the most expensive.

Shooting Speed
1) SanDisk 8gb class 10 SDHC (24 sec)
2) Kingston 2gb SD (38 sec)
3) Lexar 4gb class 6 SDHC (39 sec)
4) Transcend 8gb class 10 SDHC (45 sec)

Copy to Computer Speed
1) SanDisk 8gb class 10 SDHC (34 sec)
2) Kingston 2gb SD (34 sec)
3) Lexar 4gb class 6 SDHC (38 sec)
4) Transcend 8gb class 10 SDHC (40 sec)

Besides the speed differences, I have not noticed any other difference between these four memory cards. They are all compatible with everything I have (except for a few things that do not take SDHC cards). I have never lost anything on an SD card, and none of my cards have ever broken or failed. However, I do take very good care of them, and I always format the cards after copying pictures onto my computer. Depending on your needs, you may not need 8gb, or you may not need very fast write speeds. If speed matters to you, go with SanDisk...it is the fastest. Otherwise, consider a cheaper alternative.
on June 7, 2011
The Sd Class standarized the specification for both memory and speed.
The SD (Standard Capacity) has an official maximum 2GB-4GB,
SDHC (High Capacity) 4GB-32GB,
SDXC (Extended Capacity) 32GB-2TB.
Cards from all SD families have a similar physical size excluding mini and micro SD. Some older device does not recognize card with bigger capacity which use larger blocks. Cards can be formated by many diffrent systems. Fragmentation may slow down the effective write speed. Defragmentary an SD card will wear the card out.
All SD families must power-up at 3.3 volt and SDXC familiy can step down to 1.8 volt when reciving specific commands.
Speed Class raiting is defined by the SD Association. Class reprezents a multiple of 1MB/s and meets write speed for card.
The device such as video recording may not perform satisfactorily if the SD card's Class rating fall below a particular speed.
Application for Speed Class;
Class 2; MPEG-4, MPEG-2 video recording
Class 4; MPEG-2 (HDTV) video recording and still camera
Class 6; DSC photo-shooting, profesional videocamera
Class 10; full HD, HD still pictures
For my cameras higher Class cards working good like Transcend 16 GB. I reccomend.
on May 3, 2011
This may be the cheapest and it may save you $12 over other brands but please ask yourself how much is the data you are putting on it worth? The data I trusted to this POS was in my eyes priceless...but the recover will only cost a little over $150. At this point there are 44 1-star reviews and most of them deal with data loss. BELIEVE IT! Do the math...there is almost a 10% failure rate based on reviews and pay an extra 10-15 bucks for a better product!
1212 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2011
I bought this memory for the new Sony cybershot DSC-TX10 which came out early May 2011. It is a high defenition camara with HD video capability. BUT...the speed of capturing any video images or pictures is limited by the memory card. Slow memory card, poor video capture. That is why I purchased this card. It is the fastest on the market as of this date and can handle HD video. It is the second largest memory capacity of 64GB which is amazing that so much can be packed in such a small space. BUT...you pay for it (I paid about 150). However, I do not regret the purchase at all because it worked very well. Though not purfect. I noticed some choppiness when the the camare had to capture a fast moving vista as I was doing when shooting video from a moving vehicle. There was still a little choppiness, but I had it on max HD at 1080X720 which in my opinion was very acceptable. Shooting moving subjects with a still background does great. Every still image I took was HD and camera pause was less than 1 sec as the image was stored in memory. The pauses in the camera after each picture is a result of how fast the memory card can store images. My older camera took longer than a second which can be an eternity. I can say that this memory stick, though not purfect, did very well. After all it is the fastest available to date. I love technology. If you want quick response to video capture, do not get anything less than this speed. And as for the 64GB capacity, you don't need to go higher (there's a 128GB out there) as I took about 45 min of video combined with about 100 pictures, all HD, I only used about 15 percent of the memory. I always download and save my images so as to free up the camara for the next oportunity shoot. This memory card was expensive but it was needed to take full advantage of HD.
on October 4, 2010
Bought two for my Kodak HD video camera and they work great. Have used them for about 6 weeks now and there is never a bottleneck from the camera to the card. Loaded it into my PC to read and it has a good solid throughput.

Very happy with purchase
on April 6, 2011
Last month I purchased an Aluratek Cinepal video player as well as this Transcend card in order to store video in the player.

After spending a month trying everything, I was ready to give up and return the player. It skipped, jumped, and took forever to load.

As a last resort, I tried replacing the card with one that I bought at Staples. It was only an 8g card for $24.95, but it specifically said on the packaging that it was "good for video."

In short, there was nothing wrong with my player.....It was the crappy card. If you plan to use it for video, DON'T! Spend the extra bucks and avoid frustration.

Dan
on October 25, 2010
Darn thing died after about a week. Sure it happens. Unfortunately, I am the one stuck eating the shipping cost back to get a defective product replaced. Not cool. No more Transcend products for me.
33 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2011
I bought this card in preparation for an upcoming vacation. I'm glad I tested it prior to leaving as it did not work in my camera, or at leas not as advertised. The camera simply displayed a message stating that I couldn't record in FXP mode (HD) with the current SD card (even though the technical details for the product state "Perfect for vast amounts of HD video and high-resolution images". In fact I had to bump the resolution down 2 levels before the camcorder would allow me to record. According to the documentation that came with my camcorder, it is capable of writing HD content to an SD card with a Class 4 speed rating. So, while this card is advertised as a Class 10, I don't believe it actually is. In addition to the problems using this card in my camcorder, the card also could not be read by the card reader in my PC with Windows 7. I had to plug it into the card reader on my printer before my computer would recognize it.

I returned the Transcend SD card and purchased a slightly more expensive 32GB Kensington SD card, and everything works as it should, in my camcorder, and in my PC.
44 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse