Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair Made of Heavy Duty Non Slip Aluminum Body and Seat with Adjustable Seat Height and Cut Out Access Holding Weight Capacity up to 400 Lbs, Gray
- Shower with ease; This best-selling tub and sliding shower bench makes transfers from wheelchairs or walkers to the bath or shower so much easier with its safe sliding design, minimizing physical strain on the user and caregiver. Ideal bath tub seat for elderly seniors, disabled, handicapped or post-surgical
- Tool free design: Easy install assembly with detailed instructions. Free standing tub shower transfer bench does not require any permanent mounting hardware. Seat can be configured with right or left install
- Safe and secure: This sliding bath transfer bench could be used for the elderly or disabled and offers integrated safety features including, rust resistant aluminum frame with blow molded seat with back rest, hook and loop safety belt, nylon strap locks hold seat in place, suction cup rubber anti-slip feet, removable cut out for easy perineal access, and handle for extra stability while showering
- Easy to use: Simply position one end of the transfer chair inside the shower and the other side outside. With the help of a caregiver, have the person carefully sit on the seat and gently slide them over the lip of the tub and into the shower
- Product specifications: Overall shower and bathtub safety dimensions: 39 inches W x 18 inches D x 37 inches H; Transfer bench shower chair adjustable seat height from floor: 19 inches 23.5 inches; Seat dimensions: 19 inch W x 145 inches D; Contains Latex overall weight: 145 pounds; Weight capacity: 400 pounds. Seat Material: Plastic
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
More to consider from our brands
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Fits most standard bathtubs and showers
- Fits most bathtubs
- Tool-Free assembly
- Rust-resistant frame
- No permanent mounting
- Overall dimensions: 39"W x 18"D x 37"H.
- Adjustable Seat Height from Floor: 19" ~ 23.5".
- Seat Dimensions: 19"W x 14.5"D.
- Contains Latex.
- Overall Weight: 14.5 lbs.
- Weight Capacity: 400 lbs.
DMI Sliding Shower Transfer Bench
Built for safety, the DMI Sliding Transfer Bench helps loved ones and patients alike enter and exit a shower or bathtub with ease.
Simple and Safe
With the transfer bench in position and adjusted to the proper height, a caregiver simply helps the individual onto the seat. After securing the safety lap belt, the caregiver can then help slide the individual over the lip of the bathtub and into the shower, giving them safety, security and independence while bathing.
- Safety belt helps prevent accidental slipping
- Nylon strap locks seat in position while showering
- Shower wand holder (shower wand not included)
- Removable cut-out for easy perineal access
- Height adjustable legs with anti-slip rubber feet
- Metal handle for extra stability while showering
- Blow-molded backrest adds comfort and safety
Safety Features for Your Loved Ones
Allows user to access perineal area for proper cleaning.
Nylon Safety Strap
Prevents shower chair from sliding while user is bathing.
Shower Wand Clip
Integrated holder keeps shower wand within reach.
Customized height in 1/2˝ increments for safety and comfort.
DMI products are recognized leaders in the durable medical equipment industry, representing a broad range of reliable, durable and affordable home medical solutions.
Check out our other DMI products designed to make living in comfort and safety easier!
Fits Most Bathtubs and Showers
The DMI Sliding Transfer Bench was designed to universally fit most standard bathtubs and showers. Use the dimensions (as shown in the image on the left) to ensure there is adequate space for placement, installation and use.
- Accommodates bathtub heights up to 19.5˝
- Bathroom floor and bathtub floor must be the same height
We strongly recommend you fully read and follow all instructions included with this item to ensure the best experience possible.
This best-selling sliding transfer bench will provide welcomed relief and increased independence for those who have trouble getting in and out of the shower, standing for prolonged periods or worries about falling while bathing. Using this bench is simple - Position one end of the bench outside the shower or bath and the other end inside, making sure the legs are level, locked and stable. Sit on the seat and easily slide across into the shower or bath. The backrest, which can be positioned for left or right-hand use, provides additional support and comfort along with a seat belt for safety. This transfer bench measures 39 inches across to allow ample room for the seat to slide. Be sure to measure your bathroom or shower area to make sure it will properly fit inside. Its total height can reach 37 inches when the legs are fully extended. The legs are adjustable in 12 inch increments, allowing you to change the seat height from 19 to 23 inches. It weighs just 14.5 pounds yet is heavy duty enough to support 400 pounds.
Product detailsColor:Tub Transfer Bench and Sliding Shower Chair
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here. [PDF ]user manual [PDF ]
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 39 x 18 x 37 inches; 0.22 Ounces
- Item model number : 522-1734-1900
- Department : Supply
- Date First Available : February 12, 2007
- Manufacturer : Duro-Med
- ASIN : B000NGUD94
- Best Sellers Rank: #9,311 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews:
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Compare with similar items
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Great bath bench and worth every penny!
this slides nicely, she can sit on it and feel solid, I do wish there was a handle on BOTH sides for her but it's not a huge issue. This really has been a game changer .
At first we were soaking the floor. we have a bowed out shower curtain (like in hotels?) and then I bought a super long shower curtain, and I cut slits by the legs, then tuck the shower curtain up around the seat after she's IN the tub. (if I had to help her bathe or be in there this wouldn't work)
This has kept the floor dry and really worked.
the legs are adjustable on BOTH sides so this was helpful as our floor is a bit tilted.
This was easy to put together, and no tools needed, took me 10 min.
she feels secure on the chair, she's short, and her legs are weak and she can't balance, so "scootching" wasn't an option the slide feature is GREAT. (a swivel seat would have been good but it was too expensive at this time)
she's used this a few times and so far.. this is GREAT
Top reviews from other countries
One thing we learned was the legs on the outside of the tub must be extended higher than the side in the bath tub. Keep some old towels on the outside on the floor in case water runs off along the rails and onto your floor. If you don't have a bath mat next to the tub, it would be good to have a non-slip mat. Similarly, we installed a grab bar on the tub wall and a non-slip mat in the tub as well just to be extra safe.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.