Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 51 reviews
on March 14, 2012
I purchased this case as something cheap and easy to protect my tablet. Without any reviews I didn't know how long it would last, but it looked nice and seemed to be of comparable quality to others listed in that price range. I also loved the carbon fiber texture which I haven't seen many with.

I was pleasantly surprised. This case is surprisingly durable and stylish.
The stand features work the same as other cases of the like and holds the tablet at a good angle for viewing (of course using it in a keyboard angle is upside down like other cases). It's comfortable to hold with the cover flipped around. The case openings all line up pretty well for the features of the Transformer Prime. Strong enough magnets in the cover keep it closed. It does add some weight but seems to be just enough to make it feel sturdy. It feels like a thin hard back book.

The only downsides I see are the same as with most covers of this type. It's difficult to use the back camera as the cover obscures it when flipped around, This can be avoided by putting it in stand position which is relatively easy to use while taking pictures/video. You also have to leave the cover open to charge it due to the cover being on the side of the charging connector.
The corners are not as well protected as I would have liked, but there is some gap between the cover and the tablet. It will take some bumps but I don't expect it to survive a drop on the corner. Though, All the sides are very well protected.

The worst thing I can say about what I purchased is about the added sketch stylus pen. On my transformer prime with no screen protector it barely worked. No matter how I used it, it wouldn't register or make many marks in a sketcher program. It wasn't why I bought the case so I consider it a freebee toss away.

Overall I would rate this as a great tablet cover and well worth the price. Just don't buy it for the stylus.
on October 17, 2012
The case works, functions as advertised, and has no real problems with it. The TF201 fits [tightly], and you shouldn't have any trouble with its functionality.

In my opinion, there are a few things I don't like about it. For one, it feels a bit flimsy. It has the feel of cardboard (where if someone were to bend it, it would stay that way forever). I've had it for some time, and it seems to be warping a bit like cardboard on its edges.

Another thing: the flap that holds the tablet in place when you wish to stand it up is also a bit flimsy, and will wear out in time -- not quickly, but with enough time (circa 1 year if I had to estimate); it's already begun to wear out a little bit; I've had it for a couple of months, mind you. The covering also seems be weathered, and I've yet to expose it to rain or any type of direct moisture; keep that in mind.

As you can see by the images, you can only prop it up in two positions, so if you're looking to have a versatile case, look elsewhere.

As for the stylus, it's crud. Literally one of the worst styli I've ever used. It's made of plastic, and will almost certainly be misplaced within a week. Again: the item IS cheap!

In short, if I had to make the decision again, I'd go with something else.
on March 17, 2012
Since the reason I picked that amethyst prime was specifically because I was attracted to its purple color - it didn't make sense to cover that with another color. The shade is more purple than a grayish purple-ish that I would have hoped - but it is not a bad color.
I really would have preferred a case that also covered the keyboard as well, but in reality, I really mostly use the tablet only configuration about 90% of the time anyway so this works.
The tapered edge of the tablet (without the case) was making my hands hurt after a while - specially when I read in bed since I hold the tablet up close. I really hesitated getting a case that again undoes why I got this tablet to begin with - which is its lightweight-ness. I have a Sony reader that is light adjusting to a heavier tablet took time - so adding a case I thought would make it even harder to hold up.
Turns out my worries were unfounded, the tablet is now easier to handle with the case since there is no pointly edge that dig in to my skin and the case is softer and easier to handle and change to another holding positions. Also the added protection makes the tablet not as fragile feeling when handling.
The tablet fit the case perfectly - just the right snugness. All the controls, plugs ports, speakers,sensors are not covered. The case looks well build.
The stand works pretty well too. I have no regrets with my choice.
on June 26, 2012
This case has a couple critical design flaws that leave me looking to replace it in the near future.

First off the stand flap does not stay in position, there is no Velcro, snaps, magnet, etc.. to hold it in the viewing position. This means that if you pick it up to move it the flap falls down and you have to set it up. Trivial, but impossibly irritating over time. As well this means in the lower position is nearly impossible to use while typing if you are not light touched as it will just collapse.

Secondly the flap has no attachments for when it's fully folded back and the flap sticks out further then the edge of the case. this makes it difficult to hold in a portrait position. In fact if I plan to use it in my hands for any amount of time I always have to take it out of the case.

The only reason I did not rate lower is it is a decent case in terms of materials, but that doesn't make it usable. If you don't plan on using your tablet like a tablet this might be a great case.
on March 23, 2017
was a nice case
on April 10, 2013
I needed a cover for my Asus Eee Transformer Prime and this on fits perfectly. All ports are accessible and the pad can be charged while in the cover. I like the Carbon Fiber look it is different from all the leather/faux leather on the market and looks cool. The only quibble and it is small; the power button it a little tough to get to without bending the cover, If you need a cool, cheap and good case this is for you.
on August 13, 2013
I ordered the carbon fiber finish and I do love the finish. Overall it's a decent case except that the case has to be flipped back to charge the TF201. I suppose that's a bit of a design flaw in the tablet itself (for those not using the keyboard attachment) but I think the design could be altered to offer access with the case shut.

But for the price... it's really a great case!
on February 26, 2014
I really like this case. Only downfall it has is when you add the keyboard to the tablet the tablet no longer fits, I didn't have the keyboard initally with my tablet so it was great at first. Once I got the tablet this cover just sits in the closet now. If you don't plan to have the keyboard then this is a good quality case to have.
on April 7, 2012
All buttons are accessible including both cameras. Ok, you have to leave the case open when charging. I added a small Velcro strip to the flap so that when at the low angled it doesn't collapse when you apply pressure when using on your lap. It does its job very well.

Update July 3. Bought another one for the second Asus TF201 and Keyboard dock.
on October 15, 2012
This case fit my transformer perfectly and looked good too. It was cut specifically for the prime so all everything was accessible with the case on (charging port, camera, speaker, etc). I like the 'pocket' on the back that hold the cover when it is flipped and allows the pad to sit up on a desk or lay at a slight angle in your lap. I bought one for my pad and one for my wife's.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.