Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on March 9, 2014
So I was trying to find a perfect computer combo that had the following:
1. Small unit for travel with a usable keyboard.
In this it is perfect except for one thing. I was able to get a great leather case that fits perfectly and even holds a stylus for those touch screen moments. However, the keyboard is not that intuitive for those of us who are touch typists and does get some getting used to. I have small hands so that is no big deal but large hands may want to try it out in the store first before ordering.
2. The touch pad can be turned on and off easily for use with a mouse.
Okay, I am not big on touch pads but will use them in a crunch. I find that when I type I end up sending the cursor off into space somewhere because one of my thumbs rested on the touch pad. That being said, most of the time I have mine turned off and use a mouse. This unit has a function key dedicated to that. Took me a while to figure it out (helps to read the manual).
3. Unit can convert to a tablet for those tons of digital books I have.
Does this very easily, as long as you don’t treat it like a hockey puck. I would not expect middle schoolers on down to be able to be gentle enough.
4. Microsoft office is included.
Yep, like that, though it is that 365 version. I still need to get used to it.
5. Able to plug in a scanner; mouse; usb thumb drive; external hard drive and have all of them function.
I only tried this with three of the four. Used a travel usb expansion port. Worked like a charm. Going to be taking it on it’s first business trip soon so we will see if it continues to work well (will update when I get back).
6. Not carry a ton of weight (currently I travel with my 17” laptop – great if you are into muscle building)
Yes it is heavier than a tablet but that is because it is a full computer. I am not expecting feather weight here.
7. Can handle a variety of different types of programs.
I have a lot of programs I need for the various work that I do so the jury is still out on this because it hasn’t been run through the paces enough yet.
8. Can still use Google apps without jumping through hoops.
I can get to Chrome easily and am able to access all those shared apps that I use.
9. Good battery life.
I have left this unit on all night and still have most of the battery left for the next day (up in the 90%). Do not see a problem with that, HOWEVER, the charge cord if really, really, really short so you can’t use the unit while it is plugged into the wall. I did get an external battery pack just in case I run into a juice problem while at business meetings. But it does charge very quickly on the cord provided.
10. Does not cost an arm and a leg (more bang for your buck).
I went around pricing like crazy. Thought I would like a Windows surface but when I saw how much it would have cost for what this unit has, I decided to give Asus a try. It is only a 32bit (my other computer are 64) but the processor seems to tolerate my need for speed. Since this is for work or reading and not gaming, it was a perfect price.

I would recommend this as a travel computer for someone who knows how to use touch screens, increase size of text, expansion of usb ports, and needs to be very cost conscious.
on December 4, 2013
I got this at Best Buy a week ago and have had no problems whatsoever with it(knock on wood). I bought this to use when I travel at work, I am an IT salesman and hate carrying a full size laptop on trips. I'll start with the good:

Windows 8.1 is better than the old 8 on a few different levels but I won't get into that as I'm reviewing the tablet.

I can charge from 0% to 100% in about 4 hours or so with the included USB brick, I also have a Jackery Bar 5600mAh that will almost fully charge the ASUS (90+%) in about 6 hours.

I tried to use a standard phone usb charger (not 2.1A) and it did nothing over 8 hours, so make sure you have the right charger.

Included Office 2013 installed and runs perfect, also had work IT dept install VPN and outlook and it all works fine.

All apps have installed and work perfect.

Surfing the web or navigating the tiles is fine and is up to standard for a device of this size.

No problems with wireless connectivity on home or work networks.

I hooked it up to my home TV to give a mock Power Point and it worked great, make sure you get a micro HDMI to HDMI adapter.

Touch screen is responsive I would rate it above average. Nice and Bright too.

Pretty fast for an Atom processor compared to older netbooks I have used.

SD card slot is handy and ASUS gives 1TB free storage.

Now for the not so good:

Trackpad is not that great, sloppy and not the best response, but tolerable.

The case of the tablet itself is very thin plastic, I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I bought a hard shell carry case to make sure it doesn't get damaged.

But all in all it's a great little tablet/laptop for the price point.

I would recommend this to others as a nice little tool.
33 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 16, 2014
I'm no computer savvy, so I cant say much, but-for the money to get a convertible laptop/PC, this seems to be an amazing deal. I use it for school and its perfect. The tablet feels extremely durable and heavy duty. The keyboard is lighter, but by no means low quality. I could see a man with large hands thinking it's small. I wasn't expecting a 10.1 inch screen to be so large! The battery is a bit above average. I am a little concerned with the touch sensitivity of the screen. Ive had to tap twice a few times but I'm not positive I was correctly hitting what I wanted in the first place. The charging port could be a little stronger, may get weak over time but is still doing great right now. If only they had Android this would be the perfect setup. I really like windows 8.1, having multiple screens up at once and customizing my colors is a big plus. It does more than the average tablet so its fun to explore. I find the clarity and resolution to be superb! Very crisp. The camera is grainy, its the classic webcam style picture. I have Prime, ordered my LAPTOP/PC combo and received it in less than 24 hours! I have a family member with the same ASUS and they enjoy it just as much as I do.
on February 21, 2014
The product was already opened, the plastic and items were placed back in the box but it was not sealed up. I have been asking for days now to get a replacement and the company claimed they had received it from me and nothing was wrong with it. I had not mailed it back yet but they were already telling me the product I received was fine as if they processed the return. My wife has the same Tablet and the battery lasts for days, this one can't make it a few hours.
on March 6, 2014
I mulled over this purchase for a while with all of the hybrids available, but ultimately it came down to price point. After having it a few weeks, I honestly would've paid more for it, so it's a steal. Coming standard with the keyboard is a huge plus. For starters the keyboard is great. Slim, but firm; obviously smaller than a normal desktop or notebook, but perfect considering its portability.

I think it's a computer first and tablet second. But a great mix. Having windows 8 is probably the best part about it, it makes the T100 arcade-ish enough for the tablet side, but the desktop is practical enough for me as a professional. ts size allows me to carry it easily, its small enough to keep at my desk for quick function simultaneously with my desktop in the office. Windows 8 on the tablet makes the iPad seem bush league, as does the desktop side in comparison to more netbook based devices in its price range. Storage is small, but the skydrive holds another 10 GB and you can add a sim card. It hasn't been an issue to me yet and I haven't added any memory. Power is good, off of a full charge it will last a day and a half even with frequent usage. Charges on a mini usb, which is great and cheap to replace. Built in xbox radio is something I didn't realize I was getting. It's built in and rivals Pandora, but it runs smoothly in the background.

Windows 8 is probably a different conversation in itself, but in any sense it is as strong and portable as they come. If you're even remotely looking for something similar to that or a portable workspace, I wouldn't pass this up.
on January 24, 2016
For this purchase I give 3 stars.
Pros: The item worked. It was in nearly flawless condition. Seller was responsive may not as quickly as I would like but helpful. Overall the item is great.

Cons: Right out of box item seemed amazing. Unfortunately the look was a little too good to be true. When I connected the device to charger the charger indicator on device was showing that the tablet was plugged but not chaging. Figured a quick fix after going through the forums. Ultimately ended up restoring back to its factory settings. Little did I know it was only bitter sweet resolution because in the end the touchscreen stopped working thusly after. It took me a couple of days and hundreds of updates but I finally got the touch screen to work again. If it wasn't for the hassle I would definitely have given 5 stars.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 23, 2014
I wanted to buy something really mobile for her, i was thinking of a tablet but i also wanted a computer for her so she could use at school, I searched a lot of options and narrowed it down to asus t100ta-b1-gr, it very nice small but very useful, and the great things is that it comes with a key, so you can start using windows word, excel and all the other ones straight out of the box, without having to buy any programs or downloads from Microsoft, which is very nice, unlike my 1200 dollar computer i just got, this hp doesn't have that, a disappointment, especially for the prize, o the only bad thing is that the wifi seems to stop working, and then you can't start it up again I tried so many different ways, it seems like the only way is to take back your whole computer settings to a previous time period, using windows Recovery, hopefully asus notices this issue and fixes it soon.
on January 11, 2014
I think this is a good tablet for someone who wants just a bit more. Loaded with MS Office...but NOT MS outlook, so beware of that. Gives you a lot of flexibility! Great little keyboard/docking station. Sometimes, tablet doesn't "click" well into the docking station and you have to rock it back and forth w/more pressure so you can use keyboard.
Having time adjusting to Windows 8.1, so can't respond technically, but love it so far. Especially given that I can use a flash drive for other items that aren't in the cloud. Great for trips and everyday :-)
I understand that there is a computer that can be hooked up to this as well, so that this can serve as a full service computer, so there is 2 in 1! Must research this.
on March 24, 2014
Nice little machine. Windows 8.1 with MS Office, all solid state, low power consumption, my 12 year old son says it's fast enough to play minecraft, what's not to like? Note that he says it's comparable to his 2010 macbook with a low end discrete graphics adapter. What's not to like? I do wish it had more RAM, the Z3770 processor, and some batteries in the keyboard but it's hard to fault for $350.
I had the (Android) Asus Transformer TF101. It wasn't ready for prime time. This has a smoother feel, keyboard seems to work better, doesn't require the proprietary USB charger, just an all around better machine. Highly recommended for light work, or even real work if you're going to plug it into a larger monitor and make it a workstation.
on June 19, 2015
I bought this tablet 18 months ago, and it's done well. Not a speed demon and the storage space is a hindrance but a micro-SD card easily multiplied the storage by 15x.

Really my only beef with it is that you can only use the supplied charger, and that charger gets very hot but it's a trickle charge. Even though it uses a mini-USB cable to charge, plugging it into any other USB charger will not charge the tablet. And it takes about 12 hours to fully charge the battery.

EDIT 5/4/17: after almost 3 1/2 years, the C: drive became corrupted and I had to do a factory restore. After the factory restore I had to do another factory restore because that one didn't work. After two factory restores and at least a week of reconfiguring and re-downloading drivers that should have been included in the factory image but weren't, now I'm dealing with a failing wifi radio. I think it's reasonable to expect to get at least 5 years out of something like this, but it looks like the lifespan is going to be less than 4.