Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
VINE VOICEon December 28, 2016
I liked War for Cybertron when I got it, but wasn't sure I'd want more of the same, it had some annoyances to it. Well this game, this game blows that one out of the water. They fixed the stuff that annoyed me, threw in a ton of other great mechanics, included a beautiful environment and a good enough story and this game BLEW MY MIND! This is seriously the most fun I've had playing a game in many months. Maybe it's because it's not too hard on you when you die, maybe it's not that hard and I was in the mood to relax (you can up difficulty), maybe it was the near non-stop step after step blasting away where you FEEL you're in a war with guys on your side and theirs fighting. I'd start a mission and end up playing two or three.

I can't say enough good about this. It works great on my Windows 10 game, though I've heard you may have to uninstall your PhysX, install the one from the game's redistributitable folder, then reinstall the newest one on some systems. If it won't work, you could try that. Just plain fantastic. I love this game!
on April 24, 2014
Here's the deal: the mechanics in this game are trite, overused, and pretty dull. The formula of kill a few baddies, watch a big set piece, kill a few baddies is here, straight out of the halls of Activision. The shooting mechanics don't have anything much remarkable about them, and the game ends in about two hours of button mashing to win that only took me about 5 1/2 hours, but a lot of people seem to take about 7 hours to finish it.

All that being said.... this game is so, so, so fun. I think you would have to have a love for the Transformers for this to really come out through the decidedly "meh" mechanics, but if you ever played with these toys as a kid or with your kids, and you secretly wanted to see Grimlock come to life and become a giant, robotic, fire breathing t-rex, your wishes come true here. Metroplex comes up and helps you crush Decepticons while Optimus Prime simply states "Justice." Megatron shoots anyone who annoys him while monologue-ing about his perfection, and Starscream is as big an idiot as ever.

Everything about this game is so loyal and loving to the Transformers franchise, that the chance to see some of the best toys ever created come to life and have an all out war at your fingertips is a joy to behold. and one that I'm glad I did. The transforming always looks awesome and brings a fantastic change of pace to combat, especially when you play as a flying transformer. The levels are varied enough to be entertaining, even if Cybertron doesn't always lend itself to the utmost of variety, and the whole game can just fill you with a sense of glee that can fill the void for the modern Transformer that Micheal Bay just never could understand.
on December 24, 2012
The single player is great, with solid variation between the different characters for each mission. It is a relatively quick play, but it looks great, plays well, and has a classic cast of familiar faces.

The multi-player is where this game has really shined for me. The community is small, but most of the time I can hop on, and be placed in a full match. The gameplay has a good balance between the classes and their various weapons/abilities for the most part, and it plays really well. The character customization has really made this aspect of the game for me in a big way. There is something special about using your personally designed Autobot or Decepticon, with their personal load-out that adds a lot of satisfaction to dismantling your enemies.

Some minor complaints:
1. Vehicle forms don't have any variation, aside from class variations. In War for Cybertron, each type had its own special, like ramming, boosting or barrel rolling. Not so in this case. Not a big issue, but I'd love to have that included, or even have customization tied to that as well.
2. Occasionally there is a server issue when people leave the game. I'd say this happens once every 8 to 10 matches, where the match has to hang for about a full minute or two, then reload everyone into it. Tend to get a lot of people disconnecting when this happens, and it can be very frustrating. Fortunately it isn't that common.

All in all, I'm loving this series, and can't wait for a further continuation of it. Its some of the most fun I've had this year, even among the AAA+++ titles that have been released, nothing else has been quite so fun for me as this in multiplayer.

Hope to see you guys in matchmaking!
on September 29, 2012
Great game ~ best yet :)
They've "nailed" the transformers experience w/ this 1 :) &
The Grimlock stages rulz :)
Enjoyd it more than WFC & Metal Gear Solid HD & 4
Sry folks ~ I guess I enjoy faster paced games ~ snake is on the lazy side for Me
& multi-player w/ dinobots & sect-i-cons packs is fine fun :)
Even though I normally get my digitized a22 kickd by level 17 players :(

Highly recommend this title ~ even if it's a download
& remember ~ It's only a Rip-off if U don't enjoy the game :)
on February 7, 2013
If you love old school Transformers you will be in love. The campaign is much more solid than the previous game in the series but is does take away the co-op game play. Each level plays differently with each bot's special abilities, so I can see how they removed co-op. Multiplayer deathmatch seems a bit more fast paced than the predecessor I like it but the lack of LAN play, voice or any sort of chat make it a relatively poor experience if you want to play with friend. Also back is the swarm mode where you and others fight waves of enemies. This is about the same as the previous.

I'm giving it 4 stars simply for the single player it truely is impressive due to the variety of game play. The multiplayer is a nice add-on and probably good for younger kids due to the lack of chat features but don't pick this game up for it.
on January 27, 2013
The story telling has vastly improved from the previous game though I wished that co-op could have been worked into it somehow like Gears of War did and I felt the campaign was too short.

I enjoyed the multiplayer as well but I'm disappointed that the DLC skins had no gameplay impacts at all (I bought the Dinobot pack). I'm not asking to make Grimlock the imbalanced god he is in the campaign, but I would've like a different play style for the Dinobots in Multiplayer at least when I've paid about 8 bucks for the DLC.

Otherwise, this game is a must buy for Transformers fans and should be considered by other shooter fans as well. Take this from a guy who has never watched the cartoons or owned the toys.
on October 2, 2014
The game is awesome. Multiplayer is fantastic, there is a small hacking issue among players but nothing huge.
Single player story is good and continues where the last game left off.
Only gripe I have is the same as with the prior games in this series, the transformers are the michael bay versions.
other than that no problem.

If you like transformers and third person shooters with solid story, buy this.
on October 18, 2015
The game isn't groundbreaking, but the action is plenty of fun, multiplayer is good, and it's a fantastic follow-up to the classic 80s transformers without any influence from the modem movies.
on August 26, 2014
My kids love the game!
on November 26, 2013
Such an Awesome price for this game. I so glad I decided to look at game this week. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $59.99; on sale for only $19.99. $40 off! Wow!! I love it! And with the other games I picked; I saved a ton!! Gerat Job; Amazon!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.