Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

boo!!!
on August 20, 2016
Gift
on March 25, 2013
i probably would've liked it if it had been dubbed in english. Reading it doesn't just have the same effect.
on February 17, 2015
After watching and enjoying both Headmasters and Masterforce I was eager to see the conclusion of the Japanese trilogy of classic Transformers. I was more than a little dissapointed. The complex stories and exiting charactors from the first two shows are not to be found. The episodes are very formulaic, far more so than even G1, which often broke formula especially after the halfway point of season two. The is no charactor I would call my favorite here, as none have more than the most basic "personality". I can only recomend this one for true completests. Still, it gets two stars for topping anything Mr. Bay ever put to film.
on January 12, 2014
I bought Transformers Super-God Masterforce last year,and loved it,and now I have Victory. To add to my DVD collection, I also saw a comment about Martian Successor Nadesico. In the product description about this boxset , by coincidence I also bought that particular boxset too. But anyway Now that I have Masterforce and Victory, now all I need to get is the Headmasters boxset. Also why couldn't Shout Factory release Transformers Zone, Beast Wars Second and Beast Wars Neo. Here in the United States yet? We're still waiting Shout Factory, come on with it already!!!!
44 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 22, 2012
I have been a transformers fan since I was a little kid and now both of my sons are getting into it. I have been looking and spending countless days waiting for good deals on Amazon.com and when this came up I could not pass it up. Pre-order and get it at a lower price with free 2 day shipping, again great!! It was received the day it said it was going to be here and with all of the emails telling me when it was shipped and when I shopuld expect it, great service on all parts starting from check out to receiving. My sons and I opened this box set, Transformers Victory, the day it arrived, finished their homework of course, and watched it from beginning to end (not all in one day). We did not care that it was sub-titled, my sons just kept asking what they were saying and it was absolutely fine with me. This is one of those timeless classics that never gets old (i.e. the Original Star Wars Trilogy, not the added scene stuff G. Lucas keeps putting out to get more money). Love watching the old G1 cartoons and so are both of my boys.
on February 16, 2017
After watching the Headmasters and Super God Masterforce series in the Japanese colleciton, I was excited to watch the finale in the collection, Victory. I read that the animation was the best of the three and after some really dreadful animation in the first two (plus some decent animation), I was hoping to end on a high note. Well that came to a crushing end pretty quick. I give it a second star only because of the animation.

Observations:

1. This series starts over with yet another set of Autobots versus Decepticons on earth. It doesn't start there, but ends up there in a matter of episodes.

2. The references to the previous series, Super God Masterforce, are many in the beginning and then only a handful thereafter. Headmasters, as far as I can remember, are not referenced at all and if so, negligible at best. This series does not take place in outer space or elsewhere in the galaxy and is primarily on earth or the moon. This story takes up in 2025, about 20 years after Transformers: The Movie and about 14 years after the Headmaster series. It makes sense that Headmasters isn't referenced as much.

3. The story starts with a new champion for the Autobots, Star Sabre, who is the most decorated and heralded warrior among the Autobots. He leads a defense force created between earth, other alien civilizations, and the Autobots in order to defend the galaxy from the Decepticons. Star Sabre heads up Sector 1, God Ginrai (from Super God Masterforce) heads up Sector 2.

4. Once the Decepticons go to earth, pretty much all episodes are basically Decepts wanting, finding, or stealing energy and the Autobots thwart them from doing so while saving human lives, protecting earth, and lessons in leadership, confidence, life lessons, etc ensue. Pretty much the same formula as G1 has returned.

5. Once again, the creators decided to refurbish and recycle older toylines and rename them again for the purposes of this series. Victory Leo looks like Predaking. Galaxy Shuttle (horribly unimaginative name) represents Sky Lynx, without the Lynx part. Greatshot is the same thing as Sixshot (Headmasters) and Sixknight (Super God Masterforce). Dinoforce are basically Decepticon versions of the G1 Dinobots, but goofier.

6. The animation is far better. It also has its weaker animation points like the previous series in the collection but the anime style fighting is far more evident and as top notch as it can get.

7. Dialogue and script are as weak as the previous two.

8. The BIGGEST disappointment of this series and why I didn't like it was that it was far more dumbed down and targeted to little children. Not teens, not adults that watch with their kids, just little kids. There is only one main child character and he is exposed to all of these very risky events like a grown adult which I've always found so far fetched and stupid, but all three series have done that kind of thing. However, it's goofier, with far more silly childish and idiotic actions by Autobots and Decepticons that keep you from taking anything seriously for more than 2 minutes.

9a. The Dinoforce are goofier versions of the Dinbots and no matter what they try to do or what they say, you can't take them as a credible threat to anyone, even the humans. It's just bad. The main human character, Jan, acts like any child around Transformers and wants to "help" even though they don't have the intelligence, preparation, or skill to be of any help. A lot of goofball times with Jan and the rest of the Autobots too.

9b. The Decepticons try really hard to be "evil" but at no point are you watching and feel any form of intimidation or like the Decepticons are bad, mean, nasty, or cruel. You kind of got that impression a lot in G1, but outside of Leozack being conniving like Starscream, the rest feel like Decepticon children more so than terrifying warriors.

10. By the half way mark, I was about exhausted and thoroughly disappointed in the story arch. You could just feel that good will win out and evil is just too stupid to get anything done. I'm glad to be done with it and can move on to the Unicron Trilogy. Reviews aren't much better for that series but it's got to be better than Victory which I felt was the worst of the three (and that's saying a lot as Headmasters could really grind on your nerves after a while).
on March 2, 2016
Cute, funny, a real plot, endearing characters and a villain that TRULY feels like a threat. Victory is a classic of Transformers shows but can be appreciated by anyone, not just fans, because of its quality.
Last show of the Japanese trilogy, it can be watched on its own without a problem. And I highly recommend you do!