Transforming Church: Bringing Out the Good to Get to Great Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
To confront ministry leaders with the need for spiritual transformation in their congregation and community by asking a series of questions.
The book is about “churches that have the courage to embrace change and to confront adaptive issues in order to become transforming churches”. “These courageous churches are continually transforming how they lead, operate, and minister” in order to be faithfully effective for Christ. The author suggests five key areas our churches can improve in order “to fulfill its mission of changing lives”.
The five key indicators of church health are:
• Are members at your church experiencing authentic life change?
• Does your church have a clear sense of mission and a compelling vision for the future?
• Does your church embrace change to fulfill its mission more effectively?
• Are your leaders successfully mentoring and mobilizing your members for ministry?
• Is your church effective in transforming your local community, town or city?
Let me cut to the chase, go get the book and study it. You don’t have to agree with everything in a book or an author’s body of work to gain great insight and assistance in fulfilling God’s calling on your life. I believe this book will help you.
Who will benefit from this book?
How will they benefit from this book?
Where does this book fit in the process of ministry design?
The front end of your ministry design. It is just one of the many approaches you can use to design your ministry.
“Every church needs transformation. Those that don’t change die. Don’t get me wrong. I am not advocating change for the sake of change. The wrong kind of change can be toxic. Healthy change, however, is required for growth, maturity, and adaptation. Like any organization, churches can become stagnant, complacent, irrelevant, or ineffective without transformational change to keep them focused on their mission. But without clear understanding of the nature of change, the chances of growing a healthy church are diminished.”(p. xv)
Most recent customer reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Administration
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Growth
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Institutions & Organizations
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Administration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Growth
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Churches & Church Leadership > Church Institutions & Organizations