Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 455 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 482 reviews
on December 21, 2015
I took these photos with bad lighting, bad makeup, and no makeup; the images without a reflector are on the left, and the images using the reflectors are on the right. These reflectors helped improve the lighting and quality on each image despite the conditions. I work as a photographer and love natural lighting, but it can be difficult to work with in certain settings...these truly help a lot! I notice a big improvement in skin texture, highlighting, and shadows. It brightens the face and eyes, and brings out definition in the bone structure. I am very happy with this purchase!
review image
A reflector is a fantastic tool to have at your disposal. It really solves some vexing lighting issues in what would otherwise be difficult lighting situations. I use a reflector most often outside and it so useful. You can spend a lot of money on reflector screens but this Neewer 32" reflector screen is such an outright bargain, it's hard to resist.

This screen comes with a zippered nylon carry case. The zipper should not be man-handled and works just fine. If you're in a hurry and you start zipping with a lot of force, it may jam up on you or the nylon of the case may get caught in the zipper teeth while zipping. Just slow down and be gentle... it works just fine.

The screen basically deploys itself with a spring-like action and once it has unfolded itself you are presented with a 32" diameter disc that is black on one side and silver on the other. A zipper goes halfway around the outer circumference of black/silver material and when unzipped reveals a gold surface on one side and a white surface on the other. The translucent material comprises the core of the reflector and it is around the translucent core that you zip the outer cover around once you've chosen which color surface you wish to use.

The only issue is the material is quite wrinkled. The wrinkles will diminish womewhat once the reflector is fully expanded but never quite go away completely. It's not a big issue though because the wrinkled appearance of the reflector surface does not significantly affect the light reflected from the surface to your subject.

This is such a great value that even the most budget minded photography can now easily afford this great tool. And once you begin using it you will wish you had had one years ago.
1313 comments| 242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2015
When you receive the item it will come in a small round nylon disc container. The size will throw you off. When you unzip it, a folded up disc unfolds in mid-air to unveil a disc 4 times the size. This is what you bought. It's another zipped-up, round, nylon container that represents 1.) the black bounce that you see in the picture thumbnail for the product, 2.) and silver chrome bounce on the other side. UNZIP this unit to unveil 3.) an light diffuser disc. The zip-up unit, when turned inside out unviels 4.) the gold chrome bounce and the 5.) white bounce. - Zip it all up, fold it over, two times and then shove it in the little round bag. Very cool.
I'm a fan of NEEWER and this one doesn't disappoint. Yes, its on the cheaper brand side, but who cares right as long as it does a good job and this little fellow does a good job. I actually use this on most if not all of my photo shoots. It's also pretty compact which if you know is a huge huge factor in being happy with this product b/c I can just slip it on the outside pocket of my cam bag and take it out whenever compared to the higher end brands where it's freaking huge and I have to just carry it and throw it on the ground.
on May 26, 2017
Very nice reflectors. I think the quality of these reflectors is great for the price. I usually shoot with a lot of fill flash to prevent shadows but these reflectors overcome shadowing very nicely with added benefit of different colors of reflected light. I like the gold reflector... kind of like having "golden hour" lighting on demand. Some reviews mentioned zipper issues, mine was fine. We use spring type windshield covers in our car... these reflectors fold and unfold the same way. For the money these are awesome reflectors!
on May 23, 2016
This is exactly what I needed. I am a novice photographer, and my sister asked for some help taking photos for a fashion blog. Some quick reading about fashion photography, as well as portrait photography made me realize that a simple flash would not be enough. So I started searching for a reflector.

I knew I needed a 5 in 1 set, because that seems to be the standard, but I have a small budget for my hobby. I found the Neewer 43-inch / 110cm 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector with Bag - Translucent, Silver, Gold, White and Black here on Amazon, and I had it in my cart when I found the 32-inch version. I picked the 32 inch set because I knew my wife would be the one "operating" the reflector. She is a petite 5'3", and I realized that the larger version might be somewhat difficult to manage if there were anything more than a slight breeze.

The build quality feels great, and the reflector did exactly what I needed. If this one ever wears out, I would happily buy from Neewer again.
on April 6, 2017
I like the set. They work great on their own. My only issue with them is when I am using the diffuser I can't really use the reflector at the same time. The reflectors rely on the diffusor to be inside of them to keep the shape. Otherwise, the reflector is just a "pillow case without a pillow".
Other than that, they are awesome. I am going to insert windshield reflector inside and see if that solves my problem.
Enthusiast: Photographyon August 30, 2016
After having this around for a while I finally had the opportunity to use the thing. It worked very well, was easy to use and changing the reflective surfaces was easy. On the last shoot, I used the diffuser and silver reflector. The diffuser resulted in instant shade and the silver provided some fill light on the non-sun side of the subject. I found the size to be big enough to shade my subject but not so large to hard to mange.
on August 4, 2017
Great for indoor shoots when space is limited.
I recently used these for a newborn shoot at a customer's home. We had to get the backdrop close to a window to get enough natural light, so there wasn't a lot of room to work. The soft reflector was perfect for getting the job done!
on August 18, 2016
Good construction.Works well. Love the fact that I have all of them in one. Just unzip and place the color you want on the outside. A little tricky getting it folded small enough to fit back in the bag.