Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 812 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 861 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 13, 2014
These come in an envelope, and are flat. When you look at the package, (envelope) you can't imagine what it could be, and then you open it. You think, "wow this is really chintzy and cheap", and then you put it together (in 10 seconds) and think, "its not bad". Then you use it and you are hooked. Once you try one of these, you wont be without. For a few $ these solve every flash problem---harsh lighting, harsh shadows, red eye, small flash coverage, and many more. Its so ingenious and the fact that it folds flat is an even bigger benefit for storing and carrying in a bag/backpack/etc.

The TRICK to get the most benefit from these is you MUST leave as much space between the flash (lens) and the front of this thing. The idea being to allow the light to fill the space between (flash/front) and then it "spills" out. If you put the front of this flush against the front of the flash, you will not get any benefit or will get limited benefit.
11 comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This absolutely will not fall off your flash, if mounted correctly. See pictures to explain how to mount. The velcro strap that mounts to your camera uses no adhesive, but has very strong "sticky" friction surface on one side -- so it won't goo up your flash, can be removed when you want to, but will not fall off on it's own. Even pulling on it, is very difficult to get off.

This softbox is just the right size so that once folded, it can fit in a small camera bag. Also has windows on top and bottom of softbox that you can secure open or closed with velcro attachments. Those might be useful to throw some flash up and back for bounce effect. Its construction is excellent - should be quite durable, not just a cheap plastic item. It will fit any flashgun with reasonably standard dimensions - see photos.

So I give 5 stars because of it's construction and secure mounting. But take a star away because I'm really not convinced that it softens any shadows in the test photos I've taken so far -- I cannot see a difference with the device on or off. I'll give it some more tries, but I'm thinking this is just too small to adequately diffuse light - it cannot replace a shoot-through umbrella for sure.

But for the price - I'd little reason not to try it for yourself.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
1212 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2014
At first I thought the velcro was to wrap around the outside is the flash diffuser box, but it always falls off like this. Once I figured out how it actually works though, it's quite ingenious. The velcro had a soft rubbery feeling side to it that is not slippery when against the plastic housing of the flash. Your supposed to wrap the velcro step securely and tightly around the edge of the housing on the flash so that the soft plastic is on the inside and the velcro is on the outside. Then the diffuser attaches to the velcro on the flash. Then it becomes easy to put on and take off the diffuser when you need it. The velcro part basically stays on the flash until you take it off. Everyone who has problems with it falling off I suspect I'd not using it right. It fits snug and tight and never falls off when I attach it this way.

Otherwise, quality is great, does what it's supposed to in diffusing flashes so it's not so harsh on the subject. I also like how it folds flat to store easily in camera bag. Works greatwith my m4/3 compact setup.

Great buy for the money. I only docked 1 star for lack of instructions on how to use the attachment velcro properly.
55 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2016
cheap and effective! Folds up compactly, and softens light pretty well. I wanted super soft light so I used a hard diffuser cap with tracing paper stuffed in it and then put this Neewer Pro on top of that it has been great for getting me super soft light and also cutting down the intensity of the flash at its lowest setting (I shoot food pics for fun and sometimes it's pretty dark, so I turn up my ISO pretty high and the lowest power on my Godox flashes were too high). This has been perfect for me and I have just ordered my second one.
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 14, 2014
I must say if I had read the reviews on this product I would not have ordered it. Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) nature< but with in Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions was the largest problem on most of the reviews I had read. I reviewed these in the 2 weeks it took for it to arrive. So when I received the product I was primed for a bad day.

CONS: Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) but within Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions.

PROS: Well It started bad. It appeared I had receive the wrong product misleading model numbers ( my error). I opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it fell off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries. I filed a compliant with Amazon. I put the soft box back in the package went to lunch. Came back opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it feel off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries I reversed the way I mounted it placing the Velcro mounting strip securely on the flash unit then mounting the Neewer Softbox to the flash unit. (IT WORKED GREAT) I have 3 Nikon flash units on three cameras I have taken dozens of pictures. My Son and his kids have also taken dozens with them on the cameras. None of the units came off even the one my 7 year old grand daughter mounted. All the pictures taken were a much higher quality, no harsh shadows no red eye. I am very pleased with the results. This 5 dollar attachment has solved 90% of the lighting problems with the kids I teach. I have apologized to Amazon and the supplier for my errors and thanked them. I have also tried it on Nikon SB-700 , Canon Speedlite, Vivitar, Pentax, Olympus flash units that some of my students have..

Foot note: It dose not come with a protective cover, but a gallon zip lock bag works great.
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2015
I rarely use a flashgun, but when I do, I usually prefer to use a diffuser to cut the harsh shadows and glare, especially taking photos of people indoors. This product is inexpensive, and more importantly it folds up flat; I store it in the laptop computer compartment of my LowePro camera backpack, and it fits in there perfectly. I can still get the laptop in the pack too. The product is kind of flimsy and has a makeshift feel to it, so any professional shooting weddings or the like would no doubt be better off with a more sturdily built softbox. But, this product is perfect if you only need a flash diffuser a couple times a year, and it needs to be able to store flat and not take up a lot of space in your camera bag when not needed. These diffusers come in a couple of different sizes and shapes (octogon and rectangle), there's a small one, that's about 4" x 6", then a medium 6" x 8" model, and this one, which is the largest rectangular diffuser in this model line at 8" x 12". I got the largest one as I assumed it would be the most effective at reducing harsh shadows. It works okay. A big softbox or umbrella is of course more effective, but considering the portability of this model, it's not bad. The way it attaches to your flash gun is kind of flimsy, and the diffuser will flop around if you are moving a lot, or rapidly: for example, a photographer doing a shoot of a clothing fashion model, where's there's a lot of moving around to get different camera angles, would not be able to use this product; it would probably shake itself loose and fall off within the first two or three minutes. But if you are are just doing a few photos, like a group photo at a retirement lunch or something like that, it's fine.
NOTE: For photoflash guns with LED Focus Assist Lamps, or Slave sensors to synchronize them to another master flash gun, this large 8" x 12" diffuser might block the sensor or LED focus assist emitter. I am using it on a Yongnuo 565, and is does block the focus assist lamp when the flash head is horizontal. If you tilt the head up to about 30° or more (like if you are bouncing the light off of a ceiling), it will unblock the LED emitter.
SUMMARY: Inexpensive, folds up flat and doesn't take up much storage space, works okay considering it's much smaller than a stand-mounted softbox or photo umbrella. Recommended for occasional use if you won't be needing a professional quality softbox often enough to justify the cost in purchase price and storage.
on September 14, 2014
It comes with a white fabric diffuser on the inside that does a wonderful job when you attach it properly of distributing the light across the entire outside diffuser. We had to sew boning into it to keep it from decompressing if you will, or collapsing. This can be done by sewing it into the side that doesn't fold, then sewing snap connectors into the other side to snap the boning in place so it is still collapsable by unsnapping the boning on the folding side and folding it. Other than that it generally stays in place very well. Without the boning it collapses and the light only falls on a small part of the outside diffuser and it is almost worthless. I would still highly recommend it as the lighting it provides is amazing and now we can't do without it.
Enthusiast: Photographyon September 18, 2016
An affordable, workable option to add effective diffusion to on-camera flash. This is a very inexpensive way to add diffusion to your on-camera/off-camera speedlight flash. Works well to soften shadows and even the light across the image. Will spread light all the way to the corners on a 28mm lens, with a caveat, you will notice a slight fall-off on the very extreme edges. For the price it is hard to complain.

Pros:
Easy to attach/remove.
Folds flat for easy storage and comes with a small zippered bag to store.
Works very well with my Yongnuo 560 IV units.
Coverage is excellent, will cover out a 28mm lens, with some slight fall-off at the very edges.
Does what it is supposed to do, evens and diffuses light from your flash, removes harsh shadows.

Cons:
Just a little bulky on your flash.
Has a tendency to get knocked askew, constantly having to readjust.
Hard to say just how durable this is...no idea.

So, why not Five Stars?
I'm getting tired of people raving about items that work...I am joining the ranks of the Five Stars means exceptional quality, value, convenience, not just; Hey it works!

Conclusion:
If you are looking for an affordable option to add diffusion to your on-camera flash, this mini softbox works well. You won't be disappointed, as long as you aren't expecting the same sort of results you get with a 24x36 inch soft box.
on April 21, 2017
I use this with a Lume Cube. It isn't a perfect fit, (obviously it is made to go on a rectangular flash) but it does work to soften the otherwise very hard light from the Lume Cube.
There is an extra layer of diffusion in the center that helps to cut down on the "hot spot" in the center. There are to pannels that open up to allow light to spill out the top and or bottom of the softbox. That light can be bounced off of a wall or ceiling for extra fill light.
This combination is the most compact, portable video/photo light that I have.
To install:
1) wrap the velcro strap around the light rubbery side in
2) attach the softbox to the velcro strap. friction is what holds it in place
review image review image
This slides on the head of the flash and works as expected ... It does soften the light better then bare flash. The shadows are lighter and not so harsh, as when bare flash would be used... By having this on your flash you may lose about 1/2 - 2/3 a stop of light. For the money it was worth it. It did NOT come with a case But I can use the plastic bag to keep it in if not using it, just to keep the white fabric clean. The inside of this modifier has a white fabric liner for bouncing light. It also has top and bottom flaps to open for direct light to come out if used as bouncing off the ceiling, almost works same as a white card for reflecting light forward. I rated this five stars. Very prompt in shipping service.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.