Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 735 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 775 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 13, 2014
These come in an envelope, and are flat. When you look at the package, (envelope) you can't imagine what it could be, and then you open it. You think, "wow this is really chintzy and cheap", and then you put it together (in 10 seconds) and think, "its not bad". Then you use it and you are hooked. Once you try one of these, you wont be without. For a few $ these solve every flash problem---harsh lighting, harsh shadows, red eye, small flash coverage, and many more. Its so ingenious and the fact that it folds flat is an even bigger benefit for storing and carrying in a bag/backpack/etc.

The TRICK to get the most benefit from these is you MUST leave as much space between the flash (lens) and the front of this thing. The idea being to allow the light to fill the space between (flash/front) and then it "spills" out. If you put the front of this flush against the front of the flash, you will not get any benefit or will get limited benefit.
11 comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This absolutely will not fall off your flash, if mounted correctly. See pictures to explain how to mount. The velcro strap that mounts to your camera uses no adhesive, but has very strong "sticky" friction surface on one side -- so it won't goo up your flash, can be removed when you want to, but will not fall off on it's own. Even pulling on it, is very difficult to get off.

This softbox is just the right size so that once folded, it can fit in a small camera bag. Also has windows on top and bottom of softbox that you can secure open or closed with velcro attachments. Those might be useful to throw some flash up and back for bounce effect. Its construction is excellent - should be quite durable, not just a cheap plastic item. It will fit any flashgun with reasonably standard dimensions - see photos.

So I give 5 stars because of it's construction and secure mounting. But take a star away because I'm really not convinced that it softens any shadows in the test photos I've taken so far -- I cannot see a difference with the device on or off. I'll give it some more tries, but I'm thinking this is just too small to adequately diffuse light - it cannot replace a shoot-through umbrella for sure.

But for the price - I'd little reason not to try it for yourself.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
1212 comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
 NOTE: I am no professional and this is just my opinion of the product. I purchased this 6x8 softbox last year for my canon flash it has done its job for a cheap softbox. For a few bucks you would be surprised at much it changes your photos. Its held up nicely with a bit of abuse cramming it in my bag and tossing it about. I have provided a video review and I encourage you to watch it to see a better in depth review. It has a velcro ring that attaches to your light then you add the softbox to it. It also has 2 openings in the back to allow less light through which is nice. It gives you some options to play with. The biggest thing for me as a hobbyist photographer was learning lighting and the various techniques and this has really helped me. The only thing I am knocking one star for is the fact that it needs a bit more room between the flash and the front of the box to allow it to fill better and spill the light. The way its designed its kinda tricky to get that distance. The picture you see on here shows a perfect softbox with decent distance. With mine its not quite like that..its a bit more smashed, so to speak. All in all I like the product and I am giving it 4 stars for its ease of use and durability. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you found my review helpful, let me know. Lets keep making better buying decisions together. Thank you for reading and as always Be Safe & Happy Shopping!!
on August 3, 2014
At first I thought the velcro was to wrap around the outside is the flash diffuser box, but it always falls off like this. Once I figured out how it actually works though, it's quite ingenious. The velcro had a soft rubbery feeling side to it that is not slippery when against the plastic housing of the flash. Your supposed to wrap the velcro step securely and tightly around the edge of the housing on the flash so that the soft plastic is on the inside and the velcro is on the outside. Then the diffuser attaches to the velcro on the flash. Then it becomes easy to put on and take off the diffuser when you need it. The velcro part basically stays on the flash until you take it off. Everyone who has problems with it falling off I suspect I'd not using it right. It fits snug and tight and never falls off when I attach it this way.

Otherwise, quality is great, does what it's supposed to in diffusing flashes so it's not so harsh on the subject. I also like how it folds flat to store easily in camera bag. Works greatwith my m4/3 compact setup.

Great buy for the money. I only docked 1 star for lack of instructions on how to use the attachment velcro properly.
55 comments| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
I must say if I had read the reviews on this product I would not have ordered it. Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) nature< but with in Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions was the largest problem on most of the reviews I had read. I reviewed these in the 2 weeks it took for it to arrive. So when I received the product I was primed for a bad day.

CONS: Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) but within Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions.

PROS: Well It started bad. It appeared I had receive the wrong product misleading model numbers ( my error). I opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it fell off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries. I filed a compliant with Amazon. I put the soft box back in the package went to lunch. Came back opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it feel off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries I reversed the way I mounted it placing the Velcro mounting strip securely on the flash unit then mounting the Neewer Softbox to the flash unit. (IT WORKED GREAT) I have 3 Nikon flash units on three cameras I have taken dozens of pictures. My Son and his kids have also taken dozens with them on the cameras. None of the units came off even the one my 7 year old grand daughter mounted. All the pictures taken were a much higher quality, no harsh shadows no red eye. I am very pleased with the results. This 5 dollar attachment has solved 90% of the lighting problems with the kids I teach. I have apologized to Amazon and the supplier for my errors and thanked them. I have also tried it on Nikon SB-700 , Canon Speedlite, Vivitar, Pentax, Olympus flash units that some of my students have..

Foot note: It dose not come with a protective cover, but a gallon zip lock bag works great.
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2017
I use this with a Lume Cube. It isn't a perfect fit, (obviously it is made to go on a rectangular flash) but it does work to soften the otherwise very hard light from the Lume Cube.
There is an extra layer of diffusion in the center that helps to cut down on the "hot spot" in the center. There are to pannels that open up to allow light to spill out the top and or bottom of the softbox. That light can be bounced off of a wall or ceiling for extra fill light.
This combination is the most compact, portable video/photo light that I have.
To install:
1) wrap the velcro strap around the light rubbery side in
2) attach the softbox to the velcro strap. friction is what holds it in place
review image review image
on December 28, 2015
I figured this product would decently diffuses light when I first got it but I was disappointed in how flimsy it looked but to be honest it was because I prefer natural lighting and always get a little grumpy when I have to use flash but we do what we must. So I put this cheap $8 dollar thing on my expensive flash and snap a few shots.

So I am looking at the shots as I go, and am slightly impressed and I say "Hmm these look pretty good."
Then the video girl goes, "Why don't you try some without the flash?"
I swivel my head to face her, scoff, as if to say you foolish little girl as I shake my head, a disgusted expression on my face , lift my camera and snap a photo of her face as she begins to insult me.
While none of that story matters I will let you know that photo I took of the camera girl was one of the best and first emotional-anger shot I have taken of my now wife.

Seriously though this thing does its job just put it on right.
This slides on the head of the flash and works as expected ... It does soften the light better then bare flash. The shadows are lighter and not so harsh, as when bare flash would be used... By having this on your flash you may lose about 1/2 - 2/3 a stop of light. For the money it was worth it. It did NOT come with a case But I can use the plastic bag to keep it in if not using it, just to keep the white fabric clean. The inside of this modifier has a white fabric liner for bouncing light. It also has top and bottom flaps to open for direct light to come out if used as bouncing off the ceiling, almost works same as a white card for reflecting light forward. I rated this five stars. Very prompt in shipping service.
on March 20, 2017
This modifier works pretty good. My only complaint is that I cannot use it on my Vivitar 285 flashes. So I spent $15 and got a similarly powered Sunpak. I have used this on Vivitar 2800s, 283s, and the Sunpak flash I have. It drops the flash about two stops and isn't great for distance use, as is the case with most flash modifiers. I use this with an L bracket to get the flash off the camera and to the side. I will often hand hold up up and left if I need more off camera effect.
on June 6, 2017
I use these for weddings and general low light shooting. The diffuse the flash very well for being so small and portable. They have a velcro/rubbery strip that prevents it from moving when in use. I have 2 of them and will always try to use them in lieu of straight flash.