Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 707 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 746 reviews
This absolutely will not fall off your flash, if mounted correctly. See pictures to explain how to mount. The velcro strap that mounts to your camera uses no adhesive, but has very strong "sticky" friction surface on one side -- so it won't goo up your flash, can be removed when you want to, but will not fall off on it's own. Even pulling on it, is very difficult to get off.

This softbox is just the right size so that once folded, it can fit in a small camera bag. Also has windows on top and bottom of softbox that you can secure open or closed with velcro attachments. Those might be useful to throw some flash up and back for bounce effect. Its construction is excellent - should be quite durable, not just a cheap plastic item. It will fit any flashgun with reasonably standard dimensions - see photos.

So I give 5 stars because of it's construction and secure mounting. But take a star away because I'm really not convinced that it softens any shadows in the test photos I've taken so far -- I cannot see a difference with the device on or off. I'll give it some more tries, but I'm thinking this is just too small to adequately diffuse light - it cannot replace a shoot-through umbrella for sure.

But for the price - I'd little reason not to try it for yourself.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
1111 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 13, 2014
These come in an envelope, and are flat. When you look at the package, (envelope) you can't imagine what it could be, and then you open it. You think, "wow this is really chintzy and cheap", and then you put it together (in 10 seconds) and think, "its not bad". Then you use it and you are hooked. Once you try one of these, you wont be without. For a few $ these solve every flash problem---harsh lighting, harsh shadows, red eye, small flash coverage, and many more. Its so ingenious and the fact that it folds flat is an even bigger benefit for storing and carrying in a bag/backpack/etc.

The TRICK to get the most benefit from these is you MUST leave as much space between the flash (lens) and the front of this thing. The idea being to allow the light to fill the space between (flash/front) and then it "spills" out. If you put the front of this flush against the front of the flash, you will not get any benefit or will get limited benefit.
11 comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
 NOTE: I am no professional and this is just my opinion of the product. I purchased this 6x8 softbox last year for my canon flash it has done its job for a cheap softbox. For a few bucks you would be surprised at much it changes your photos. Its held up nicely with a bit of abuse cramming it in my bag and tossing it about. I have provided a video review and I encourage you to watch it to see a better in depth review. It has a velcro ring that attaches to your light then you add the softbox to it. It also has 2 openings in the back to allow less light through which is nice. It gives you some options to play with. The biggest thing for me as a hobbyist photographer was learning lighting and the various techniques and this has really helped me. The only thing I am knocking one star for is the fact that it needs a bit more room between the flash and the front of the box to allow it to fill better and spill the light. The way its designed its kinda tricky to get that distance. The picture you see on here shows a perfect softbox with decent distance. With mine its not quite like that..its a bit more smashed, so to speak. All in all I like the product and I am giving it 4 stars for its ease of use and durability. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you found my review helpful, let me know. Lets keep making better buying decisions together. Thank you for reading and as always Be Safe & Happy Shopping!!
on August 3, 2014
At first I thought the velcro was to wrap around the outside is the flash diffuser box, but it always falls off like this. Once I figured out how it actually works though, it's quite ingenious. The velcro had a soft rubbery feeling side to it that is not slippery when against the plastic housing of the flash. Your supposed to wrap the velcro step securely and tightly around the edge of the housing on the flash so that the soft plastic is on the inside and the velcro is on the outside. Then the diffuser attaches to the velcro on the flash. Then it becomes easy to put on and take off the diffuser when you need it. The velcro part basically stays on the flash until you take it off. Everyone who has problems with it falling off I suspect I'd not using it right. It fits snug and tight and never falls off when I attach it this way.

Otherwise, quality is great, does what it's supposed to in diffusing flashes so it's not so harsh on the subject. I also like how it folds flat to store easily in camera bag. Works greatwith my m4/3 compact setup.

Great buy for the money. I only docked 1 star for lack of instructions on how to use the attachment velcro properly.
55 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2015
Works well for up-close shots on or off-camera, however the soft light is still somewhat tight due to the size. That said, I've still managed to capture some decent portraits mounting this to my SB-700 flash off-camera when augmenting this with a reflector 90°, with the fash turned slightly offset from my subject toward said opposing reflector. See attached portrait of my daughter (flash with the NEEWER 6x8" Softbox 45° to the right, and silver reflector 45° to the left).
review image
on February 14, 2014
I must say if I had read the reviews on this product I would not have ordered it. Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) nature< but with in Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions was the largest problem on most of the reviews I had read. I reviewed these in the 2 weeks it took for it to arrive. So when I received the product I was primed for a bad day.

CONS: Shipping was to slow for me (my impatience) but within Amazons posted shipping expectations. The lack of mounting instructions.

PROS: Well It started bad. It appeared I had receive the wrong product misleading model numbers ( my error). I opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it fell off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries. I filed a compliant with Amazon. I put the soft box back in the package went to lunch. Came back opened the package and tried to mount it on the Nikon SB-600 flash unit yep it feel off when I lifted the camera to test the flash after a few tries I reversed the way I mounted it placing the Velcro mounting strip securely on the flash unit then mounting the Neewer Softbox to the flash unit. (IT WORKED GREAT) I have 3 Nikon flash units on three cameras I have taken dozens of pictures. My Son and his kids have also taken dozens with them on the cameras. None of the units came off even the one my 7 year old grand daughter mounted. All the pictures taken were a much higher quality, no harsh shadows no red eye. I am very pleased with the results. This 5 dollar attachment has solved 90% of the lighting problems with the kids I teach. I have apologized to Amazon and the supplier for my errors and thanked them. I have also tried it on Nikon SB-700 , Canon Speedlite, Vivitar, Pentax, Olympus flash units that some of my students have..

Foot note: It dose not come with a protective cover, but a gallon zip lock bag works great.
33 comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
It's not hard to use and it's not hard to install, didn't find it cumbersome at all. Used it on several Canon Speedlites, and a Quantaray and it fit all of them without any hassles or issues. The Velcro strap you place on the flash unit holds the larger part in place and it's not hard to deal with, nor did I have a problem with it falling off.

I'm only giving this three stars because, yes, it does work, but it doesn't diffuse the light nearly as much as you would expect. The white covering is actually very thin and it still causes a great deal of much harder light than I would've expected. It's better than nothing, but looking at a bunch of test images, it was hard to tell which ones were taken with the thing on and which ones with it off. I did experiment and stuffed it full of white Kleenex (no kidding) and that actually did a pretty decent job of toning down the light, but then it keeps you from being able to fold this thing up and put it back in your gadget bag. It's a good idea, they just need to make the facing material a good bit thicker and it would likely work well.
on May 22, 2016
Outstanding tool to prevent hot spots that are formed by the regular flash configuration! I highly recommend the softbox to any photographer. Check out the attached photo for an example of what a photo I shot looks like. The flash is aimed directly at the model from close range without creating any blown out areas.
review image
on April 21, 2017
I use this with a Lume Cube. It isn't a perfect fit, (obviously it is made to go on a rectangular flash) but it does work to soften the otherwise very hard light from the Lume Cube.
There is an extra layer of diffusion in the center that helps to cut down on the "hot spot" in the center. There are to pannels that open up to allow light to spill out the top and or bottom of the softbox. That light can be bounced off of a wall or ceiling for extra fill light.
This combination is the most compact, portable video/photo light that I have.
To install:
1) wrap the velcro strap around the light rubbery side in
2) attach the softbox to the velcro strap. friction is what holds it in place
review image review image
This slides on the head of the flash and works as expected ... It does soften the light better then bare flash. The shadows are lighter and not so harsh, as when bare flash would be used... By having this on your flash you may lose about 1/2 - 2/3 a stop of light. For the money it was worth it. It did NOT come with a case But I can use the plastic bag to keep it in if not using it, just to keep the white fabric clean. The inside of this modifier has a white fabric liner for bouncing light. It also has top and bottom flaps to open for direct light to come out if used as bouncing off the ceiling, almost works same as a white card for reflecting light forward. I rated this five stars. Very prompt in shipping service.