BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

This absolutely will not fall off your flash, if mounted correctly. See pictures to explain how to mount. The velcro strap that mounts to your camera uses no adhesive, but has very strong "sticky" friction surface on one side -- so it won't goo up your flash, can be removed when you want to, but will not fall off on it's own. Even pulling on it, is very difficult to get off.

This softbox is just the right size so that once folded, it can fit in a small camera bag. Also has windows on top and bottom of softbox that you can secure open or closed with velcro attachments. Those might be useful to throw some flash up and back for bounce effect. Its construction is excellent - should be quite durable, not just a cheap plastic item. It will fit any flashgun with reasonably standard dimensions - see photos.

So I give 5 stars because of it's construction and secure mounting. But take a star away because I'm really not convinced that it softens any shadows in the test photos I've taken so far -- I cannot see a difference with the device on or off. I'll give it some more tries, but I'm thinking this is just too small to adequately diffuse light - it cannot replace a shoot-through umbrella for sure.

But for the price - I'd little reason not to try it for yourself.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
1212 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 13, 2014
These come in an envelope, and are flat. When you look at the package, (envelope) you can't imagine what it could be, and then you open it. You think, "wow this is really chintzy and cheap", and then you put it together (in 10 seconds) and think, "its not bad". Then you use it and you are hooked. Once you try one of these, you wont be without. For a few $ these solve every flash problem---harsh lighting, harsh shadows, red eye, small flash coverage, and many more. Its so ingenious and the fact that it folds flat is an even bigger benefit for storing and carrying in a bag/backpack/etc.

The TRICK to get the most benefit from these is you MUST leave as much space between the flash (lens) and the front of this thing. The idea being to allow the light to fill the space between (flash/front) and then it "spills" out. If you put the front of this flush against the front of the flash, you will not get any benefit or will get limited benefit.
11 comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2017
1/4/17 Just tried a few shots last night. It definitely does the job - softening and generally more pleasing photos. It makes my cheap Bower flash much more consistent.

A few concerns:
1. It is a pain to put on / take off. The Velcro is TOO strong. You need really need the flash off the camera to get it right - otherwise risk damaging the shoe mount.
2. Need to step up your flash a bit of course to compensate for the lost light.
3. Storing is in a camera bag will probably require removal. I wish it was collapsible and would tuck away while mounted
on September 6, 2015
Doesn't quite fit the Neewer VK750 I bought it to go with - a little small. Doesn't want to really "pop out" straight. That said, I used it to shoot a few pix with the speedlight on top of my camera, and it worked well enough I'd take it if I were taking my speedlight along on a trip. If you're going to point your flash at your subject, it's better than nothing.
on December 31, 2014
Got to try it out over the holidays and it really improved the effect from my flash. As another review pointed out, you need to apply the flash-side Velcro strip smooth, slightly clingy, plastic in, against the flash unit. It will cling to the plastic housing and will not move around. Then you can Velcro on the flaps of the diffuser. Takes a little practice to get all the flaps seated (hold back three of them, and apply the top or bottom flap first, then the flap on the opposite side). Reverse to remove - takes a bit of a tug to get them off especially when new. Super compact and tucks into the odd corner of your camera bag, backpack, etc.

Also, makes your flash unit look freakin' awesome!
on March 30, 2016
You'll only be looking at this if you're a beginner (most likely). While this serves a purpose for just starting out - get something bigger! I hardly use this thing anymore, even though it does help to soften the light. You just aren't going to see *amazing* changes in your flash photography with something in this size range. If you're okay with spending the money to use this once or twice, go for it. Otherwise, keep your money and look for a larger softbox. The larger the light source (and the closer it is to your subject), the softer the light. This may be good for small, still life objects. Quality is fine and it stays put on my flash when put together properly.
on September 20, 2014
My first review ever on Amazon. Had to write this after seeing the bad reviews because people couldn't get the mini soft box to stay on. I thought too that I had bought something potentially useful but junky overall. BUT I went back and read the reviews and realized I was putting the soft box on wrong. Look all, there is velcro INSIDE the mini soft box. You put the velcro like wrist band FIRST on your flash. THEN slide the mini soft box onto the wristband like thingy. It works excellent.
This stuff is revolutionizing my photography. Thank you Neewer.
on October 16, 2017
I needed a smaller diffuser to supplement a similar larger Neewer product.

The smaller unit allows me to get closer to my macrophotography subjects without disturbing them.
on May 3, 2015
Got this less than two days after ordering with Amazon prime. Great purchase! I set it up and tested it within just minutes of receiving it. Works great and keeps the flash from washing out your subject. I was able to retain the detail and didn't have to run the ISO above 200 Included is a photo I took with a remote flash to the left of our dog. The light looks natural and not too bright. I highly recommend this softbox!
review image
on November 30, 2015
It definitely makes a difference. It cannot be compared to a true softbox but it does certainly soften the light on subjects, much better with that without. And it is better than a normal diffuser. If you follow the instruction in some of the comments (i.e., you must use the strap around the flash and then attach the softbox/ For the price it is quite good.