Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 115 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on August 13, 2012
Packs a good tight bundle to make the most of the room in your luggage. Beware though, the weight increases b/c of the extra stuff you can stuff into your bag so lifting into the overhead could be a problem for some. Rolling clothing b/f putting into the bag saves time and wrinkles and compresses nicely. I used them for heavy sweaters when traveling to a cold climate. Saved lots of space.
on March 5, 2017
Worked great for the first trip; after two more trips and storage for two years it's pretty much just a normal leaky ziploc bag. Keeps my clothes in, but doesn't keep the air out.

Cf. my Eagle Creek compression bag, which is older and still going strong.
on December 11, 2012
This product worked as advertised. It's a little bit of a pain to use the zipping up feature on this but overall it defnitely does save a ton of space in my luggage!
on August 7, 2013
I have the Ziploc Space Bags, and those have been awesome. These? Not as awesome. I bought them for a camping trip that I was flying too and needed to waterproof and shrink my gear. Shrinking they do a good job on...keeping things vacuum sealed? Not so much. The design seems flawed, in that if you don't remove all the air from the "pocket" at the end you roll towards, air will get back into the bag - as a single person trying to roll and compress and squeeze extra air from another spot, this is all but a feat of bodily contortion, and just plain bad design. If you are traveling with someone, sure, I'm sure you could manage it well. They did keep my clothes dry in rainy conditions, and it's nice to be able to throw dirty clothes all in one bag which then gets dumped right into the wash when you get home, so on those accounts, I liked traveling with them.

Also realize, like with any compression bag you have to roll, you end up with one end bulgy with clothes and the other end a little thinned out. If you really practice rolling, this can be alleviated, but who's got time for that?
VINE VOICEon July 8, 2014
These bags are cheap and feel cheap. I don't see that much of a difference between Travelon and the "As Seen on TV" Space Bags sold by places like Bed Bath and Beyond. Both are simply huge zip loc bags that you squeeze the air out of it. Yes, it works the first or second time, but beyond that you'll soon see little rips and tears. The material is not particularly thick and I don't expect this product to last beyond a third use.

Also, the Travelon's blue clips kept falling off after I sealed each bag and I had to snap it back on. This was annoying. The clips for Space Bags, by contrast, tend to stay on. This makes them slightly better but they were unusable after my 4th trip - little holes developed.

I can't say any of these space-saving bags are good for the long haul. They all seem designed for 1-4 uses before you need to buy another set! The Eagle Creek ones feel a little thicker but their bags have the same problem with the clip not staying on after you've sealed the bag.

In this respect, I consider Travelon OK but not much better than Space Bags.
on June 4, 2016
I have used the bags on two trips now. The sealing of the bags is a little different than with other bags. So far the seals are holding better than the bags which seal more like a zip top food bag. Time will tell whether they remain a 5 star item.
on August 18, 2015
These made packing to and from my trip much easier, though they are thinner than I would have liked. I'm pretty sure the only reason I didn't have to check my back on the way back (with souvenirs and new clothes) is these bags.

-1 star: I expected at least one to get a hole or tear during my trip, I stayed in 4 hotels, taking my luggage back and forth to work and hotels. There was only one tiny hole in the small one which was easily fixed with regular tape and I'm sure I could get another trip out of them.
on April 29, 2017
Packed a weeks worth of ski clothes in a suitcase. Let me use a smaller suitcase than normal. Easier to schlep on the air plane.
on September 5, 2016
I purchased these right before a family trip to Europe. I had heard they were good, but was't sure if they would be useful for us. Well my gamble really paid off! These bags are fantastic! The fact that you don't need a vacuum is even better. My family was arguing over who was going to keep them after the trip(they're staying with me) The bags help in conserving space and organizing clothes. I plan to buy more!
on April 4, 2015
Bought two boxes, total of 4 bags. Only 2 worked. The other two were defective...there was no hole to release the air when rolling the bag. I've worked with bags like this before, so I'm very familiar with how they are supposed to work. My trip is tomorrow, too late to get a replacement. Very disappointed! I rubbed a finger nail across the bottom of one of the bags and this managed to open up the release holes. I had to do it several times, rolling and unrolling a garment in the bag. The second bag is still stuck. I've wasted 30 mins trying to fix this product. Buy another brand.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse