Travel Smart By Conair Adapter/Converter Combo with Surge Protection
There is a newer version of this item:
- 2 modes, adapter only or adapter/converter combo
- For use with U.S. appliances (110/120V) overseas
- Easy to use, all in one adapter and converter combo unit fits electrical outlets in most commonly visited countries, converts foreign electricity (220/240V) to (110/120V)
- Built in surge protector keeps your electrical appliances safe from spikes in foreign electricity
- All-in-one adapter; converter unit that fits electrical outlets in most commonly visited countries
- Converts foreign electricity (220/240 volts) to 110/120 volts
- For use with U.S. appliances (110/120 volts) overseas
- Built-in surge protector keeps your electrical appliances safe from spikes in foreign electricity
- Two modes - adapter only or adapter/converter combo
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
The adapter itself is made of plastic, so it's as durable as plastic can be. The knobs that slide along the side lock in place once you've fully extended the prongs. It's a little bulky compared to other adapters, but that's because it contains several mechanisms for various prongs and the voltage converter circuitry. It also holds the input plug very snug, and the output plug also feels like a sturdy connection to the wall outlet.
"...Conair Adapter/Converter for use with single voltage appliances: hair dryers, hair setters, clothes irons"
- And from the instructions: WARNING! The Conair adapter/converter is not for use with any electronics, such as: Computers, cell phone chargers, camera chargers, iPods, electric toothbrushes. AND: "The Conair Adapter and Converter combo unit for use with appliances only - no electronics."
AND: "In Adapter only mode, The Conair Adapter/Converter may be used solely with electronics that have built in dual-voltage features, and then solely as an adapter.
- I will keep this item ONLY because it would cost so much to return it, and it is still functional as an adapter (although at triple the expense of regular adapters) which I will be able to use with my _REAL_ 240/220-120/110 converter to adapt its European style plug to UK outlets. This is VERY disappointing and could have been so easily avoided by simply stating the above cautions in the on-line description.
[sigh] Hopefully others will benefit from my disappointment. Never again, Conair!Travel Smart By Conair Adapter/Converter Combo with Surge Protection
This product worked well and I would recommend it for travel to Switzerland and Italy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Maybe I did something wrong, or got a defective one. I took this to Greece and it completely fried my flat iron. Read morePublished 3 months ago by kiki
Took this on my recent trip to Italy and loved the fact it's not only a converter but it's also an adapter with all of the different tips built in.Published 11 months ago by Steven P.
I really wanted to love this... and it was OK for awhile until it fell apart. From a feature standpoint, this is a cool idea. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Theronius