Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 154 reviews
on November 19, 2015
An upbeat and non-sappy presentation of an unusual topic: exploring via the imagination what Heaven is actually like.

Pretty simple premise - Destefano argues for a physical experience of Heaven, which is in alignment with the Church's understanding, and then free-lances a bit. His overall take on it is echoed in some NDEs I've read, as well as various writings of the Saints. I had high hopes of something really innovative or enlightening, but after you've accepted the concept that the heavenly body will be glorified like Christ's, and that the heavenly experience will start with an extended family reunion and move into a endless lifetime of exploration, joy, learning, self-improvement, and vaguely hinted-at physical pleasures that might echo those known via sexuality here (but not there), that's about it.

It's got a Catholic premise that Destefano tries to protestantize, so he gets a bit wishy-washy on important issues at times, but generally speaking, the book is a pretty well-written piece that doesn't go off into any wildly crazy directions (other than his concept that all things that have ever lived will be present in Heaven), and makes for an interesting if unsurprising read for anyone coming at the topic from a Catholic or mainline Protestant tradition.
I purchased this book on Amazon a lil over a year ago and instantly fell in love with it, to me, it's a travel guide to heaven for dummies (compliment) especially if you're new to Christianity. It helps in outlining certain events in the word of God as if to say close your eyes and "imagine this" wow what a gift Anthony has in breaking down the readers imagination (according to Gods word) but most importantly he decided to share it with us. I'm not new to Christianity but sometimes you may think you are knowledgable in knowing the word of God, then here comes a book that will make a vet of the faith say "wow I didn't think of that". I've recommend this book highly to a coworker along with "The Invisible World : understanding Angels, Demons, and the Spiritual Realities That Surround Us" by Anthony Destefano. Anthony Is my second go to person for spiritual adventure and you shouldn't have to ask whose my first favorite "God - author of The Bible".
on July 24, 2013
I borrowed this book from a friend and then ordered it to have a copy of my own in my library for referral. Anthony Destefano answers the questions that so many of us ask and he backs the answers up with Bible verses. It is not only an easy read, but is also profound at the same time. The heaven described in the Bible, and the way Anthony puts his book together, helped me to grow in my Faith, and desire the things of heaven (which is permanent) more than here on earth (which is temporal). This book launched me into a desire to want to know my Creator more.... so know I am studying.
on February 4, 2016
I highly recommend this book for all religions. I think it is especially good for those that may have that tiny seed of doubt that Heaven is going to be boring. The book was not some "heavy" read, it was lighthearted while being informative. It also backed everything up biblically. Definitely buy this book.
on April 24, 2017
Great read to have a better vision about heaven and the great things we'll do over there.
on March 13, 2017
love it
on June 12, 2017
EVERYONE should read this book! EVERY CHRISTIAN should read this book! Heaven is our ultimate goal. Look forward to it!
on February 3, 2013
While I differ with Anthony. Destefano on some theology since I am an evangelical Christian and he is a Roman Catholic, that did not lessen the joy I experienced in contemplating the future that awaits me in Heaven while reading this wonderful book. It is as good as his Angels All Around Us, which is remarkable. Mr. Destefano has a gift of communication that is a blessing to all who read his works. Keep 'em coming..
on November 4, 2015
I decided to try this book upon the tragic and traumatic death of a sister. I cannot say enough about how this book has helped me to begin recovery. The Good News that is conveyed in this book is life changing. I've given it as gifts to many others as well. Please buy it. Incredible!!
on February 2, 2016
I was so pleased with my experience through amazon, I had ordered over 20 of the same book from many different sellers and needed them within a weeks time, I was kept up to date on each book as it was in route right up to the front door. It was perfect! Thank you