Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 in 1 Travel Magnetic Chess, Checkers, Backgammon - 9.8 Inches
|You Save:||$2.00 (13%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- VERSATILE MAGNETIC BOARD: Play chess, checkers, and backgammon wherever you go with this handy magnetic travel multi-game set. The board folds with all the game piece inside it making it portable and easy to travel with.
- BOARD DIMENSIONS: Playing board measures 9.75 x 9.75 x 1 inches (25 x 25 x 2.5 centimeters)
- QUEEN measures 1.7 x 0.75 inches (4.4 x 1.8 centimeters)
- CHECKERS: Each draught measures 0.6 x 0.25 inches (1.6 x .5 centimeters)
- Here, at Yellow Mountain Imports, we want you to be satisfied with your purchase. You are backed by our 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee so you can buy with confidence
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
At Yellow Mountain Imports, we offer the highest quality materials and attention to detail. We produce the finest Multi-Game Sets available on the market today. Here is why:
- Versatile: This set is a 3 in 1 multi-game set for chess, checkers, and backgammon.
- Magnetic: Board and game pieces are magentic to prevent disruptions in the game from the bumps and jiggles that often occur while playing on the go.
- Portable: This set is designed to be portable without compromising the pleasure and comfort of playing.
- 30 Day Return Policy: Here, at Yellow Mountain Imports, we stand behind our product. And with this level of quality, we are confident that you will not want to return it. If for any reason, however, you would like to return it, you can take advantage of our 30 day return policy.
Buy with confidence.
-Board: 9.75 x 9.75 x 1 inches (25 x 25 x 2.5 centimeters)
-Queen: 1.7 x 0.75 inches (4.4 x 1.8 centimeters)
-Draught: 0.6 x 0.25 inches (1.6 x .5 centimeters)
Compare to similar items
This item 3 in 1 Travel Magnetic Chess, Checkers, Backgammon - 9.8 Inches
Magnetic Travel Chess Set B0019FATKG
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Yellow Mountain Imports||Yellow Mountain Imports||Whatyouwant||CHI Meters|
|Are Batteries Required||No||No||No||No|
|Item Dimensions||9.8 x 9.8 x 1 in||12.5 x 12.6 x 1 in||5.5 x 11 x 2 in||7.3 x 15 x 1.8 in|
|Item Weight||1.1 lbs||1.68 lbs||1 lb||2.43 lbs|
Top Customer Reviews
The main portion of my review will be about the chess pieces. Because I received a different set of chess pieces with my second order, and I think I can provide a lot of insight into why some people seem very happy with their pieces, and others are not so happy (the checkers and backgammon pieces seem to be exactly the same for both sets).
Set one (the one I preferred):
The designs do not match what is on the box. Most notably the rook is blocky and not castle-like.
There is no felt on the bottom.
Because there is no felt, the magnets are a lot stronger.
Also because there is no felt, they make a snap/click when you place them (I don't mind the sound at all).
The design was much more detailed/defined and what I expected to receive.
The felt on the bottom is useless. This isn't a wood board, there's nothing to protect really. All it does is weaken the magnet.
I have included photos showing the warped board. Since it melted so much, the plates popped off on the side that was facing the window/sun. The plates seem to have two long adhesive strips that secure them to the board. Didn't have a single issue with the board until it melted.
I have also included photos showing the two sets of chess pieces. The photo with the pieces sitting on the table shows the design variance. The back row with the blocky rook is the set without felt, and stronger magnets. There is also a photo of them on the board while it has been turned sideways. The top row are the feltless ones from the first set I received. All of the pieces stay secured to the board, no problem. The pieces with felt on the bottom are in the lower row. You'll notice the queen is missing because it is the heaviest piece and slides right off the board when I turn it sideways. The knight also slides some, but not all the way off. I think both sets are just fine and even the felt ones have sufficient magnets, better than many other sets. But if I had the choice (which I'm very happy I do), I definitely prefer the ones with no felt and the stronger magnets. Maybe since I do have the original set I'll try peeling off the felt of the second set and see how the magnets do then. But otherwise I'd still be very happy with either set. And I haven't had any problems with the magnets staying secure inside the pieces. This set is just ridiculously cheap and it's an awesome. Can't go wrong.
Overall - looks like the best price/quality in its price range.
Ignore chess instructions - they are wrong (e.g. initial king position) and incomplete (castling rules, pawn en passant).