- Series: Travel Secrets (Book 1)
- Paperback: 317 pages
- Publisher: Shar Lemond (May 15, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1775337308
- ISBN-13: 978-1775337300
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.8 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 12 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #112,614 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Travel Secrets: Book One: Rio de Janeiro
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The beautiful weaving of Rachel's story kept me not only engaged throughout the book but also touched me so deeply I felt I was in the story, that I could actually be Rachel. Instead of simply being drawn into a story, I was drawn into an individual. Knowing her fears, understanding her thoughts, and glorifying in her growth as a person. The artful first-person telling offered a seamless experience of a woman who finds her strength and femininity. It reminds us that embracing our masculinity and femininity can help us to find strength, success, and happiness.
Travel Secrets offers many surprises and thoughtful moments. It tackles important issues in today's society like commonly narrow views of body image and sex and inspires us to step outside our own comfort zones. Rachel's story of a different culture, of seeing the world through very different eyes, and growing through her experience cannot help but inspire. I cannot wait to see her story continue.
I read a lot, and don't hesitate to set aside books early if they're not worth the time or the attention. This was not one of those occasions. I could scarcely put down TS thanks to how well written it was:
- the plot is original and well developed
- characters are human beings and realistic, whether main, supporting, or just briefly appearing for a few pages. No useless stereotypes pollute a single paragraph.
- the underlying themes of the story as noted in the description are fleshed out and thoroughly explored without beating you over the head, and leave you to come to your own conclusions rather than tell you what to think.
- the ending is well done. It's not a cheap happily ever after that settles for a one and done, and what's established in this book doesn't simply lay the groundwork for five novels building the same relationship slowly... and you benefit just as much from the way things turn out as the characters do!
I wish I had this book to read in my early twenties. The contemporary novels and romances I did have were trite by comparison. I've recommended this work to friends already, and can't wait for book 2!
The look into the Brazilian take on cosmetic and even bariatric surgery was eye opening.
Unlike many books that contain sexy scenes, the sexy scenes in this book were integral to the plot. Throughout the book, we see the evolution of our heroine from someone who hides behind drab clothing, while denigrating her own body, to one who learned to revel in her body and sensuality. I thoroughly enjoyed, and appreciated the body-positivity message this book conveys.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Shar Lemond describes France in book 2.
So I guess I didn't read a romance after all, I read an adventure travel story and I am so glad I did.
Can't wait to read what Raquel gets up to next and what intriguing secret will be revealed.