Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 351 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 371 reviews
on November 1, 2012
I purchased this set so that I could use it for airline travel because both bags were carry on size. The first use went just fine. I really like the look of the set. The fabric is very durable. The second time I traveled, packed to return home, larger bag had about 10 lbs of weight in it, went to pick it up by the handle from the bed and SURPRISE it broke. I could then see that the handle had such cheap what looked like aluminum fastener. I wish I had paid more and purchased a bag from a local store so I could take it back and complain in person.
I must say that the smaller bag appears very sturdy and I believe it will last a very long time.
I had read the reviews and decided to take a chance. But I wish had purchased something different. Make your own decision based on the reviews, but if you purchase, plan on packing very light weight.
44 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 1, 2017
This bag has lasted a lot longer than expected. At the price I got it ($37) it was more than worth it for what I needed. I never expected to need a high throughput luggage bag, as my traveling for work and pleasure was limited to maybe once or twice a year. A few project lead roles later, I am jet-setting across the country once every couple of months this past year, which also happens to be the period of time I've had this roller bag. All in all, its suited my purposes just fine; note that I'm not packing suits or formal wear most of the time. It was always a mediocre quality product, and especially with gate-checking (airlines these days have a hair trigger for making you check), my bag has taken its fair share of licks. Based on the cheaper materials and quality manufacturing, I'm actually surprised at the amount of time and trips its lasted me. Now though its finally on its last legs; I had to industrial tape some rips in the back from the inside, but this last trip has broken the handle. I think it could survive another round trip at most, but the last thing I want to manage is a broken roller bag on a business trip, so I have purchased a new higher quality Travel Pro bag (on sale). Based on prices alone, my new bag would have to last me 3.6 years vs. the 1 year this bag lasted me to make it break even, assuming same number of trips. I gave 4 stars because of the surprising longevity of a really cheap bag, I'm amazed some people on here are expecting any more than this for the pricepoint; just know what you are getting when you purchase this roller. See my photos of the wear up to this point; it's not enough to throw it out yet, but it's not sound enough to use for actual fights anymore.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on April 10, 2013
Let me say when I first opened my purchase I was excited. I had read some reviews and a couple reviews had said the handle just broke, well I had also read some reviews that said it was really nice luggage. I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones. I had a DC trip planned the week after my luggage arrived, when the luggage guy started to load my luggage the handle broke just like the reviews had said. It just breaks on one side and then you get your chance to see how cheap the handle snap is. I don't know how I even made it to the station before it broke. So, the entire trip to DC I had to carry my luggage by the side handle, which is really wonderful when you are getting on and off the subway. But on the bright side the wheels work and the small bag worked well too. I do not suggest you purchase this luggage, I shipped it back via USPS and it cost me $15.40 shipping, I'm hoping I get my shipping back but I don't know.
on September 29, 2016
Looking to replace/upgrade my carry on luggage and decided to give this set a try. I mostly use just carry on bags for trips <1 week and need something that will meet most airlines carry on size restrictions, but still has the maximum packing capacity. It would also need to last longer than my current bag (a 20" American Tourister, purchased 6 years ago with a 5-piece set). Tall order, huh?
Unfortunately, right out of the box, I could see that this luggage wasn't a winner. It's very similar to my current carry on, in build and materials. If you're looking for a cheap/small set and you're not worried about durability, this would probably suit your needs. Otherwise, my advice would be to increase your price range & get a better quality bag with a little more space.

Pros: Cost efficient, nice look/color (grey), comes with a nice shoulder bag, expands for more packing space
Cons: Cheap build and materials (exterior and interior), small front pockets, small interior pockets, dimensions not as described (see pictures)
review image review image review image
on February 1, 2017
When I got the luggage I really thought it was going to be great. It seemed very well made and looked stylish. I took one domestic flight and it is falling apart at the seams. Half of the stuff that was in the front pocket is in a trash can some where at the airport.
review image
on November 5, 2015
I used these on two trips so far, fit in the overhead no issues, held together while running through SFO during my 30 min lay-over. I dig the color (70's style burnt orange) and the hand bag was big enough to fit my laptop, but I opted for my purse instead since I had no need for my laptop. The handle height is adjustable, but only has 2 settings.
on January 28, 2016
Both of these suitcases are a nice size, weight of material, and construction. The only thing is the inside of the larger one does not have any thing between the outside and the metal rails that the handle slides down into which is inside the packing area so you have two square rods going the length of the bottom of the inside of the suitcase where your clothes are packed. They could have sewn in a formed light weight thin "board" to cover the rods as well as put some protection between your personal stuff and the outer suitcase material - if they could put in a zipped and strapped covering the other would not be difficult at all. This unfinished look makes it look cheap. Before I use it, I will construct something between the rods and the outer material at least to give just a little more protection from anything puncturing through. The smaller carryon bag does have a hard plastic bottom inside on this Amsterdam Set but not in the Rio Set which is just slightly smaller and thinner material but still constructed the same way inside the larger suitcase as this one is. The orange color is not bright but I would describe it as a "burnt orange". Otherwise this set will more than meet my needs and it is a reasonably priced set. On the larger suitcase there is two separate zippers; one has the double zipper and is the outer most opening zipper while the 2nd zipper is a single zipper that expands the depth of the interior by about 2 inches when unzipped which may come in handy for the trip home and a person has bought extra items.
on March 23, 2013
Seeing the initially positive reviews I purchased this hoping it was one of those inexpensive items that surprises me with its quality. Unfortunately, like so many others have reported, the quality of the grip handle is extremely poor. Due to the great number of complaints about this, it's obvious people aren't getting "lemons" but rather this is a flaw in design and quality. While I've had the bag for several months, I have taken it on only three trips. And it was just before this third one that I noticed the "pleather" or vinyl of the handle was completely torn. So, it obviously happened on the previous trip, which didn't even involve flying. Sadly, the metal underneath that is really holding things together, doesn't seem to be much thicker than a soda can pop top. It's too bad that the bag has this significant flaw as the rest appears to be holding together pretty well. Definitely cannot recommend this bag, however, due to the poor quality of the handle.
on September 10, 2012
I bought this luggage and it arrived timely. It is a perfect size carry-on, and fit perfectly into the overhead bin on the airplane. However, I was REALLY DISAPPOINTED that the strap holding the top handle on ripped (on the larger bag), forcing me to only be able to use the roller handle. It wouldn't be a problem except if you want to actually lift and carry the bag. I was really excited to get this and really disappointed that it ripped.
on December 5, 2014
Needed a small luggage set to travel with......something to avoid paying a baggage fee at the airport. This is the perfect size to fit in the overhead compartment on the plane. The suit case will fit 3-4 outfits maybe, if you fold them right. I like the travel bag, it's great for toiletries, and smaller items. Great for light packing. BYE-BYE baggage fees....LOL :-)

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.