Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Travel Select Amsterdam Two Piece Carry-On Luggage Set
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

on November 1, 2012
I purchased this set so that I could use it for airline travel because both bags were carry on size. The first use went just fine. I really like the look of the set. The fabric is very durable. The second time I traveled, packed to return home, larger bag had about 10 lbs of weight in it, went to pick it up by the handle from the bed and SURPRISE it broke. I could then see that the handle had such cheap what looked like aluminum fastener. I wish I had paid more and purchased a bag from a local store so I could take it back and complain in person.
I must say that the smaller bag appears very sturdy and I believe it will last a very long time.
I had read the reviews and decided to take a chance. But I wish had purchased something different. Make your own decision based on the reviews, but if you purchase, plan on packing very light weight.
33 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2013
I ordered this set due to its good looks and functional design--exactly what I wanted. After packing it for the first time I proceeded to carry it out to the car when a metal strap holding the carrying handle located next to the telescoping handle came off on one side. Having no time to repack and nothing to pack it in, I left for the airport. While on my cruise I examined the strap and case real close and found that the strap was mispositioned so the rivet did not go through the strap but was off to the side... very poor workmanship. When loading the luggage into the overhead in the jet on my return flight, the remaining strap on the same handle came off for the very same reason.

I was told to contact the manufacturer for the warranty, which I did. They emailed me links for the warranty instructions and a warranty form to fill out and wanted that form and a copy of the original invoice sent to them as an attachment. Without having a scanner and the proper software, there is no way the common person can even submit a warranty claim. My advice: Buy a real luggage set and avoid anything from this manufacturer.

PS: When searching for reviews of this luggage on other sites, I found that the handle coming off is a COMMON problem from this manufacturer.
on September 10, 2012
I bought this luggage and it arrived timely. It is a perfect size carry-on, and fit perfectly into the overhead bin on the airplane. However, I was REALLY DISAPPOINTED that the strap holding the top handle on ripped (on the larger bag), forcing me to only be able to use the roller handle. It wouldn't be a problem except if you want to actually lift and carry the bag. I was really excited to get this and really disappointed that it ripped.
on October 10, 2011
When I bought this bag set I thought it was cheap, one time use type of thing. The quality is better than expected the main bag it a good size. The only problem I had was the laptop bag was smaller than the laptop.
on October 24, 2011
This is good quality luggage, not top-of-the-line but a great value for the price. It's also attractive and highly functional, some nice features like a shoe compartment inside. I have the gray color, which is very dark and shouldn't show scuffs, etc. It's perfect for short trips where you don't want to check a bag, just a carry-on and a tote. I was able to get all my toiletry items in the tote with no trouble, and I pack quite a bit compared to most people. I had been looking at some other sets that were twice the price and am very happy I kept looking until I found this. Couldn't be more pleased. Highly recommended.
on November 27, 2014
Do NOT buy this luggage. The large suitcase does not stand up. The legs in front are too far back to be able to support the suitcase. It constantly falls forward. I wish I had realized this before I was all packed and on my way to the airport. At least it has a handle on the top and side. You just have to make sure you have something to lean the suitcase against otherwise it falls forward and splat on the floor. I don't know how the "designer" and manufacturer didn't realize what they were doing.

It is such a good size. Everything else is so good about it. I was so disappointed that it will not stand up. I hate to give it to the Goodwill because it's defective, but I'll put a big note on it to explain..
on February 17, 2014
I purchased three different carry-ons for our family trip. The handle of the carry-on broke the first time we used it. Not happy.
on April 10, 2013
Let me say when I first opened my purchase I was excited. I had read some reviews and a couple reviews had said the handle just broke, well I had also read some reviews that said it was really nice luggage. I thought I was going to be one of the lucky ones. I had a DC trip planned the week after my luggage arrived, when the luggage guy started to load my luggage the handle broke just like the reviews had said. It just breaks on one side and then you get your chance to see how cheap the handle snap is. I don't know how I even made it to the station before it broke. So, the entire trip to DC I had to carry my luggage by the side handle, which is really wonderful when you are getting on and off the subway. But on the bright side the wheels work and the small bag worked well too. I do not suggest you purchase this luggage, I shipped it back via USPS and it cost me $15.40 shipping, I'm hoping I get my shipping back but I don't know.
on February 18, 2011
This case looks much better on Amazon than it looks in person. The outside fabric will pick up dust and just looks cheap.
on November 5, 2015
I used these on two trips so far, fit in the overhead no issues, held together while running through SFO during my 30 min lay-over. I dig the color (70's style burnt orange) and the hand bag was big enough to fit my laptop, but I opted for my purse instead since I had no need for my laptop. The handle height is adjustable, but only has 2 settings.