Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Travel Smart Travel Bottle Set
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

Size: 1 Set|Change

on July 7, 2013
This is a really nice set for air travel. The containers are varied, although it only contains one spray bottle, I bought another one as I wanted more than one, but this is just a personal choice.

I have read that the containers leak when traveling. They do NOT leak just sitting on the counter, btw. However, leaking during a flight is NORMAL. The pressure changes within the plane and the liquids expand causing the leaks.

However, I learned a simple trick that usually keeps liquids from seeping out. First, only fill the containers a maximum of 2/3 full. Then take a plastic bag and cut squares that will cover the threads where the tops screw on. (Any plastic will work, even grocery bags) Open the container and place this plastic square over the opening, covering all the threads. Then screw the lid over the plastic. This creates a better seal and usually keeps leaks from happening. In fact, I have never had a leak using this method.

If you have a spray bottle, you simply remove the spray lid, and replace it with a regular lid. Take the spray lid with you and then when you reach your destination, replace the regular lid with the spray top.
22 comments| 221 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2013
The reason your bottles are spilling in planes:

"(.....) Can you learn a bit of science from this water bottle? You will have to wait for the plane to take off and reach high altitudes. If you feel your ears aching, that is the time to start the experiment. Drink up most of the water from the bottle and tightly close the bottle. Make sure the cap is closed really air-tight. You can slide it in the seat pocket and wait until the plane lands. By the time the plane hits the ground, what do you see? What happened? Who did this to the bottle?
You will see that the bottle is all squeezed up as if someone tried to crush the bottle. Nobody, but the air outside the bottle squeezed it inward! Why?
We live in Earth, which has a rich atmosphere. Air applies pressure to everything around us. Air pressure goes down as we go up in the air. At very high altitudes, planes can't have the same level of air pressure as we have on the ground, since it takes a lot of air to produce that pressure. Now, you took the bottle and emptied it out. Once you tightly close it, air can't get in, air can't get out. As the plane gets to the ground, the air pressure around the bottle will be higher than the air pressure inside the bottle. This air from outside, squeezes the bottle inward due to pressure difference.
Next time you fly, be sure to try this out."

I just squeeze my bottles a little before take-off and they're fine..
44 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2011
After lugging around full size bottles for the better part of a year [I travel at least twice a month], I bought these little guys. Excellent choice: my bag now weighs *much* less! Glorping hair conditioner into the bottle is a little time-consuming, but that's the only downside I can think of...
on June 22, 2012
I traveled across country by airplane and was hoping this would keep my liquid products safe on the plan. I liked the idea of a pouch the size recommended by the TSA. However, the pouch broke the second time I "zipped" it. The reusable plastic bags from the grocery store work better than this kit's bag. Also, the bottles leaked causing a mess all over the pouch. I am very sorry I purchased this product. Now I just have more plastic to recycle!
If you are looking for a package of bottles and jars that conform with the TSA guidelines then this is an excellent choice. The two 2-ounce bottles are good for shampoo and conditioner. The two 1-ounce bottles are good for toner and lotion. The 1-ounce spray bottle is handy for spritzing essential oil enhanced water on your face or hair. The one 1/2-ounce bottles is good for eye makeup remover. Then the jars are good for face cream and eye cream. The actual zippered bag is apparently a quart-sized bag but I put my bottles in a ziplock bag just in case. I have been very happy with this set of bottles and jars and like that the lids fit tightly so nothing spills in transit. So for short trips these are good. I'd say these bottles work for a weekend trip or maxium seven days of travel.

~The Rebecca Review
on November 18, 2012
Wanted to avoid checking baggage on our last trip so I had to figure out how to get 10 or 15 beauty products into small enough containers to meet TSA rules. The containers in this set were fantastic. Even the smallest ones hold enough facial moisturizer to last several days.

The bag didn't even leave our house. About the third time I opened it, the zipper broke. I did not have any issues with leakage. However, we did check luggage on the return and these bottles were in that bag. I cannot get one of the little tubs open now. Maybe it was an issue of air pressure during the flight?

Word of caution: Kids are fascinated by these little containers. Mine kept wanting to run off with them and eventually one of my kids shoved one of the smallest jars into the larger ones where it stuck. I don't think there's any hope of getting it out.

Overall, there are so many containers in this set for a wide variety of products that I think this is a great value.
on December 20, 2015
I like the mix of squeeze bottles and pots. I'm going on a 2-week trip and these hold everything I need. If I need more of something I just use more than 1 bottle. The pots and bottles feel pretty well sealed but I'm going to put the entire bag into a zip lock bag just to be safe. The zipper on this travel pouch is like the zipper on a regular kid's pencil pouch.

It's pretty roomy and it holds a full size Secret antiperspirant. There's also a medium size bottle and another product of similar size, a 1 oz perfume, a large bottle, a small bottle, and 2 large pots and 1 small pot. There's still room for a travel dry shampoo and maybe another medium bottle if I wanted to cram extra stuff in there. Perfect size for me to carry stuff for 2 weeks, but if you're a product junkie you might have a harder time fitting all your liquids into this bag.

The only downside of this product is the cost probably.
review image
on May 7, 2013
I had bought a similar travel kit a few years ago. I only paid $9.00 for it and the bottles were more substantial both in size and substance. Additionally, that kit came with a set of labels which is essential when there are several bottles and capped containers that all look the same once you're out on the road. This kid was lacking in labels (sure, a Sharpie would work, but that looks terrible and what happens when you want to change out the bottle's contents?) AND the plastic "zipper" on the pouch broke the very first time I placed my items in it. Sure, I got through security at the airport, but the blue, purple, and green rubber bands holding it together looked tacky. A Ziploc is cheaper...and reusable.
on October 7, 2012
These are the perfect little containers for travelling. The bag comes with a nice assortment of sizes and bottles with different purposes. The bag isn't the best quality, but I just toss them into a quart sized ziplock bag. It doesn't come with labels, but that's what sharpie's are for. The item shipped quickly, I would buy from this seller again.
on September 8, 2015
Would have given this 5 stars, but the slide that closes the top came off after I opened it, making the plastic pouch useless. So, the required airline quart-size zip-locks I purchase in the store will suffice. Just can't believe they didn't get that part right. However, all the sizes of bottles and jars are perfect. And, still room for something like your roll-on deodorant, or a few extra similar size jars or bottles, if you need them. I decided to do what one of the reviewers did, prior to flying...and that is, to cut squares of a plastic zip lock and place over the opening after filling and then screwing the top on, thus giving bottles and jars a little "extra seal power" for in-flight. Maybe wouldn't need to do this, but I did read a few complaints about leakage, so didn't want to take any chances. Also, didn't fill any of the containers right to the top...Actually didn't use 2 of the small "jars" or the "spray top" bottle...didn't have the need...