Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 20, 2012
I needed these in a pinch for travel i was going on and chose it based on its size, reviews, and available colors. I liked that i could get a different color than a standard plain black, and the green suited me just fine, and also if a friend ever needed to borrow it it would be gender neutral as opposed to a pink one (which i would have loved lol). Though true to other reviews the green color is NOT as bright and pretty as it appears on the photo, it is a little more muted, but a little more woodsy than olive id say. I have a ton of pics i took from various angles of all its features and even with it stuff full but i don't see where i can post them on this particular items page. :(

I have no complaints over the durability of the suitcase (i don't use the mini one) kinda stupid, don't know if anyone ever uses them, not big enough for my laptop. So the suitcase will be the main point of my review.

The item held up just fine and had no problems with it as a carry on. I flew through American Airlines for all flights and never once had any question of its size/weight issue and didn't have to check it. It rolled smoothly through the airport. the wheels worked well and had no issues with the handle. extended/retracted simple and quickly with a push of the button on top. there was an occasional tip or flip, but i attribute that to my handling of the bag as its a narrower than a larger one so it was easy to accidentally twist when pulling it up next to you, But that was mainly just how i was handling it.

It can actually fit a pretty good amount of stuff in it. I had 2 pairs of jeans, house sweats, yoga style sweats, 8 shirts, 10 underwear and a couple bras, 4 pairs of socks, and a pair of low profile sneakers, pair of flats, and heels. Oh and an extra hoodie on top of all of that. Also had my makeup bag stashed in it too. All that WITHOUT the use of the 3" extender that unzips if you need it. I didn't want to risk having to check it. However on one of my flights, to/from an airforce base in a tiny plane, they had no room for carry ons so they had to be checked (no fee i might add) and it help up fine against their rough handling.

Made it through the airports 6 times and came home in just as good condition as we left. Fortunately no scuffs or marks from being handled by agents or thrown on the belt or plane, and held a ton of stuff! all the intimates and socks and things were stowed in the zip mesh pocket on the inside, packed shoes in the bottom, then pants, then tops, then hoodie,

I am very please with the durability and quality of this piece for a pretty decent price. It did what i needed it to do and did its job well. i really have no complaints about it at all and can't wait to go on another trip with it.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 982 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 30, 2016
I recommend this set to all my family and friends. I had won a blue set from an Amazon giveaway right at the time I was looking for luggage for our Christmas Vacation. It was perfect so I ordered 3 more sets, the yellow set, the purple set and the green set. The luggage is the correct carry on size and the smaller bag can fit under the set on the plane. They roll great and my kids were able to handle their own luggage. As you can tell from pictures, the smaller bag fits on top of the bigger bag perfectly.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 2, 2013
I got this suitcase set yesterday, and I'm very pleased with the design, construction, and, especially, price.

I did read several of the reviews here; some are pretty entertaining, especially those that complain that the suitcase is too small. (E.g., the guy who said his one pair of pants and two T-shirts filled the main suitcase. Huh? All I can figure is his pants are fashioned from a grizzly bear's hide, and his T-shirts are lined with sheepskin.)

Well, the dimensions for both pieces are provided in the item description, and they are accurate. Are some of these people buying only on the basis of pretty pictures?

I'm heading to the Philippines tomorrow for a two-week trip, so I did my packing today. Just as a point of reference that might be helpful, here's what fit:

In the main suitcase (with the 1" expansion zipper closed), I have: 1 pair of pants; 6 short-sleeve shirts; 3 long-sleeve shirts; 2 T-shirts; swim trunks; 12 sets of underwear and socks; 4 handkerchiefs; 2 pair of sunglasses; water mocs (which double as slippers); digital camera and charger; and a 13" laptop computer with power supply and mouse.

In the separate tote, I have: another 13" laptop computer and another digital camera with all cables and chargers; 6 print magazines; all my toiletries; an inflatable travel pillow; and a 5.5" x 8.5" notebook that I use to carry papers, passport, extra credit cards etc. The tote fits easily under a plane seat, and will have all the stuff I want during the flights.

Btw, I'm taking two cameras and computers because one of each will stay behind in the Philippines as gifts -- so, I'll have room on my return trip for a few souvenirs. Plus, I've still got that expansion zipper I can open up.

Btw #2, I am not a dwarf, with doll-size clothes; I'm an average old guy of average size (5'9", 170 lbs).

Btw #3, you people do know to roll rather than fold clothes, right? It saves space and helps reduce wrinkles.

Btw #4, on many of the smaller aircraft, they won't let you carry-on anything bigger than a 21" bag; they'll take it from you as you're boarding, and make you wait for it when you land.

Btw #5, on the puddle-jumper planes they use between islands in the Philippines, there's a luggage weight limit of only 15 to 20 kg total (and 8 kg for carry-ons) -- yet another reason to keep things simple.

Whether this set is right for you (or not) is going to depend on five things: destination, duration, purpose, statement, and style.

Destination: Where are you going? I'm headed to a hot climate. If I were going to Juneau in January, I'd need bulky stuff like sweaters, coats, etc. Note that I'm also not trying to lug along a lot of sports gear; I'll rent what I need.

Duration: How long are you going to stay? If you've done the math on my packing list, you've figured out that I might wear the same shirt twice. Oh, the horror!! Well, if any get too stinky, I'll rinse them out in the hotel sink.

Purpose: Why are you making the trip? i.e., what will you do when you get there? Mine's purely leisure, so I don't need to pack suits, ties, dress shoes and shirts, etc. Maybe you're a bridesmaid in a wedding, and you have to pack a big, ugly, pastel dress with matching shoes, I dunno.

Statement: Do you care what others think about your luggage? Seriously, to some people, this is an important fashion statement, so they buy Coach, Louis Vuitton, Tumi, et. al. I guess my statement is, "efficient cheapskate."

Style: What's your attitude about what's necessary? This is the biggie when it comes to luggage, and it's entirely personal. As you can tell from my packing list, I'm willing to "suffer" through the repetition of some clothing items. On the other hand, I once lived with a woman who -- even if we were headed to a beach in Mexico -- needed an entire suitcase devoted to nothing but her shoes. If that sounds like you, then yeah, this set might be too small.

UPDATE after 18 months:
I'm knocking off one star, because the outer fabric doesn't hold up over the long term. I had the mustard orange color, and it got very dirty and frayed from hundreds of planes, busses, boats, and taxis. At home, I tried to clean it with a damp rag and mild detergent, and the fabric practically disintegrated -- so much so as to be useless. SO, I threw out this set and will buy another of the same size. But considering the price paid, and the amount of use I got out of it -- more than 60.000 miles -- I *still* think this is a very good set.
1111 comments| 670 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 11, 2016
I flew DELTA. Even packing the bigger one completely full, it still fit in the carry on perfectly, and it was only 25 lbs.

For anyone wondering how much you can fit, I packed for a 5 day trip from a warm climate year round to a colder area.

Bigger bag: Knee high boots, 1 pea coat, 1 pr of flats, 8 t-shirts, 2 long sleeved shirts, 2 pr jeans, 1 pr pajama bottoms, 2 prs of pajama shorts, 3 pr leggings, 1 dress, 3 "nice" shirts, 2 bras, 7 pairs of socks, 7 pr of underwear, 2 belts, 3 sweaters, 2 pr pantyhose, blow dryer, straightener.

Little bag: Big book, cell phone charger, extra sweater, bag of toiletries, small purse, makeup bag, paperwork for the trip, hairbands, jewelry... I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but you get the gist of it.

Yes, the bags are SMALL, but with enough determination you CAN fit quite a lot in these.

I got it in the green color because it was the cheapest and I needed them FAST (arrived in 2 days). I'd say the color is a bit darker than the picture, but I like it. The bigger bag even came with a lock (score!).
review image
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 23, 2012
I have owned this carry-on set for about 6 months now, and got to use it for a few trips (3 weekend getaways, and 2 five day trips).

Since I do not travel a lot, I did not want to pay too much for a luggage set. This one fits the bill perfectly.

Here are the good points I see:
* the price is right. I will not be mad if one day I have to check the luggage in, and the airline looses them.
* it is a real carry-on for ANY airline: sure, some airlines will accept over-sized carry-on. But the day the plane is really full, they start being picky and asking people to check the carry-on in. With this set, you would be very unlucky if it was to happen to you. Also, rolling it down the aisle is easy as the bigger piece is narrow.
* color is nice. I got the green one for me, and my wife chose the orange (that is more yellow in my opinion). Both are really a nice change from the regular black/brown you usually get, but it might stain more easily of you were to check it in, which hopefully will not happen.
* quality: I was expecting less for the price. If you avoid checking it in, it should last a while. Fabric and zippers feel durable. The handle might be the weakest part, as it does not feel that strong, but so far, so good.
* the small piece fits on top of the bigger one, and has a strap to be attached to the handle. In this configuration, getting out of the plane, switching plane and walking in the airport is very convenient, as you only need one hand for both pieces.
* The small piece is the perfect size to fit a tablet or a kindle, as well as whatever you would need close to you during the flight or for your trip. I am able to fit: full size headphones, one tablet, one travel guide, a collapsible umbrella.
* For me, this set size is enough for a few days trip. But it might be too small for others. This is hard to comment on this.

A few minor points that explain the 4 star rating:
* when I received the set, the chemical smell was quite strong. The smell went away fairly quickly by leaving the pieces open for a few days in a well ventilated room. But it would have been great if the manufacturer took care of removing the smell for me.
* When you expand the bigger piece, and fill it completely, it will loose it's balance and not be able to stand vertically by itself. This is not too much of an issue as I did use only this feature once. To try to make it better on the way back, I tried to put the heavier items first, and toward the bottom. Balance was better, but I could tell it was still close from falling if I was to let it stand there.
22 comments| 504 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 10, 2015
This Luggage set was perfect for my Vegas trip. I ended up having to check the luggage twice, as I had flights that were extremely packed and couldn't fit any more rolling carry ons. Yes I travel Coach, but hey I saved a lot of money. Money I could use towards shopping, going to the Grand Canyon, etc. But I digress. It survived the bumps during the baggage claim situation, especially when people were picking it up and realized that the suitcase wasn't theirs then proceeded to throw it back on the carousel. I Witnessed this with my own two eyes haha. This luggage is perfect. Small but I expected that. I could still fit all of my clothing I made sure to take a picture of it next to a larger suitcase that I own for you to see the comparison.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon September 2, 2015
I ordered this set for a three day trip I was taking and it did the job. The larger case is about 20" tall but it fits way more than I expected. It has a zipper all the way around the outside that allows it to expand to fit more stuff. You can keep it zipped if you don't need the extra space. Inside, it has elastic clothes straps and a large mesh zipper pocket across the entire opposite side. It has two wheels and a pull up handle but we carried the bag by the carry handle. The outside pockets are quite roomy as well. The smaller bag looked a little cheap to me at first. It is soft and not like luggage but like a duffle bag. However, it is spacious and has an outside pocket which is also fairly roomy. It has a piece to set on the bottom of the inside to make the bottom flat so it will stand and not flop over. This bag simply has double carry straps that have a Velcro roll in the middle to keep the two straps together. I was able to fit everything I needed - and I pack a lot - in the two cases. The material seems durable although it isn't really easy to wash off spots if you happen to get some on the cases. It is a rough material.

I wasn't overjoyed at first when I saw this set then I reminded myself that it was under $40.00 and it seemed to be pretty well made. Now that I have used it, I am very happy with it. It won't do for longer trips for me but for long weekends, it's perfect. I always check the zippers carefully on bags and luggage and these seem to be high quality. I had no problems zipping and unzipping either case many times over the three days and I stored the small case in the larger one and put them away for the next time.

It's not the best quality ever but, for the price, it's actually a great buy. I am giving it 5 stars based on the value. Obviously expensive luggage will probably be made better but this set is all I need and has a few extra features that really make it a better value than others in the same price class.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on January 8, 2010
I bought this set for a recent trip, and was pleased with how well it was constructed. It even had a nice interior cover that can be zipped over your clothes and includes a sort of compression strap system that was helpful in getting everything packed in there. The collapsible handle is sturdy and locks in place to prevent damage by overly enthusiastic baggage handlers. It also has convenient carry handles on the top and bottom to aid in retrieving the bag from an overhead bin. The smaller bag was perfect as a carry-on. I used it to hold my books, iPod, etc.

Just be aware that if you take advantage of the expansion panel feature on the bag it may not fit in an airline overhead compartment. I had to check the larger bag on the way back because I had opened up the expansion panels and stuffed it full.

I definitely recommend this luggage.
88 comments| 673 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2016
I packed 4 pair of pants, 4 tanks, a maxi skirt, a maxi dress, a pair of sneakers and a pair of flip flops. All United airlines carry on size. In the smaller bag I packed under clothes, flat irons, toiletries, a crossbody purse and a book. The larger roller fit in the overhead without issue and the smaller 1 fit under the seat easily. United Airline checked bag price is $25 each way, I saved $20. The $30 bucks was well spent!
review image
0Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 2, 2017
Last min before flying American airlines to East rom CA, I bought this.

I didnt want to hek any baggage for my Week long trip to VA from Los Angles to see relatives first tiem in a decade for Xmas., It arrived 30 hours from order time!
I got the BLUE , no one else had this color at the airports:)

ITs size is under the allowable carry ons, by American Air.... BUT Fit more than other carry-on in leather!

In rolling carry on I Packed: full Size UGG boots, flat iron, 2 Sweatshirt Hoodies - (thick), 4 long sleeve shirts, makeup bag, 2 leg warmers , 3 skirted leggings, blouse, yoga pants, jeans, undergarments for week, contacts lenses for a week , socks, gloves, Xmas last minute gift, a full size journal on outer pocket,

In the strapped smaller personal carry on bag ( which has a back strap to piggy back over handles = one rolling unit) !T held a hardcover book, cell , charger, liquids in side-pocket, a separate clutch Black purse I packed to use as handbag!
My clutch i also had ipod, sunglasses , credit cards , money, id's, passport., in bag I put plastic container of raw veges snack (im vegan)
A protein bar, 1 qt. water Large bottle, CA. Souvenir T-shirt I bought at airport, brush, mints, side pocket is large, and I NEVER NEDED to USE the EXPANDABLE Portion of the Rolling Carry on! t
Rolling carry measure 13 inches, 14 in is allowed by Airlines, so its under sized BUT well made and fits more, it also has straps in in to keep stuff in place

ALL this for $39 !!!! JUST WOW,
the BEST PART is going and returning I had to take smaller plane for 1st legs of trip both to East and To LA returning, so they took all carry ons plane-side and checked them w baggage and retuned bags to us at plane door.

That's 4 times, the rolling carry-on was checked!
AND NOT ONE Mark, scuff or bend, No Damage at all !
AND $39 BUCKS!!

THERES No Carry-On id buy other than this again !
Don't Think , Get it, If your color is gone, grab any thing left,,
im thinking of buying another set as as gift. ...an Amazing Gift for under 40 and free shipping!