Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,387 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,520 reviews
on December 20, 2012
I needed these in a pinch for travel i was going on and chose it based on its size, reviews, and available colors. I liked that i could get a different color than a standard plain black, and the green suited me just fine, and also if a friend ever needed to borrow it it would be gender neutral as opposed to a pink one (which i would have loved lol). Though true to other reviews the green color is NOT as bright and pretty as it appears on the photo, it is a little more muted, but a little more woodsy than olive id say. I have a ton of pics i took from various angles of all its features and even with it stuff full but i don't see where i can post them on this particular items page. :(

I have no complaints over the durability of the suitcase (i don't use the mini one) kinda stupid, don't know if anyone ever uses them, not big enough for my laptop. So the suitcase will be the main point of my review.

The item held up just fine and had no problems with it as a carry on. I flew through American Airlines for all flights and never once had any question of its size/weight issue and didn't have to check it. It rolled smoothly through the airport. the wheels worked well and had no issues with the handle. extended/retracted simple and quickly with a push of the button on top. there was an occasional tip or flip, but i attribute that to my handling of the bag as its a narrower than a larger one so it was easy to accidentally twist when pulling it up next to you, But that was mainly just how i was handling it.

It can actually fit a pretty good amount of stuff in it. I had 2 pairs of jeans, house sweats, yoga style sweats, 8 shirts, 10 underwear and a couple bras, 4 pairs of socks, and a pair of low profile sneakers, pair of flats, and heels. Oh and an extra hoodie on top of all of that. Also had my makeup bag stashed in it too. All that WITHOUT the use of the 3" extender that unzips if you need it. I didn't want to risk having to check it. However on one of my flights, to/from an airforce base in a tiny plane, they had no room for carry ons so they had to be checked (no fee i might add) and it help up fine against their rough handling.

Made it through the airports 6 times and came home in just as good condition as we left. Fortunately no scuffs or marks from being handled by agents or thrown on the belt or plane, and held a ton of stuff! all the intimates and socks and things were stowed in the zip mesh pocket on the inside, packed shoes in the bottom, then pants, then tops, then hoodie,

I am very please with the durability and quality of this piece for a pretty decent price. It did what i needed it to do and did its job well. i really have no complaints about it at all and can't wait to go on another trip with it.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 900 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2016
I recommend this set to all my family and friends. I had won a blue set from an Amazon giveaway right at the time I was looking for luggage for our Christmas Vacation. It was perfect so I ordered 3 more sets, the yellow set, the purple set and the green set. The luggage is the correct carry on size and the smaller bag can fit under the set on the plane. They roll great and my kids were able to handle their own luggage. As you can tell from pictures, the smaller bag fits on top of the bigger bag perfectly.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
I have owned this carry-on set for about 6 months now, and got to use it for a few trips (3 weekend getaways, and 2 five day trips).

Since I do not travel a lot, I did not want to pay too much for a luggage set. This one fits the bill perfectly.

Here are the good points I see:
* the price is right. I will not be mad if one day I have to check the luggage in, and the airline looses them.
* it is a real carry-on for ANY airline: sure, some airlines will accept over-sized carry-on. But the day the plane is really full, they start being picky and asking people to check the carry-on in. With this set, you would be very unlucky if it was to happen to you. Also, rolling it down the aisle is easy as the bigger piece is narrow.
* color is nice. I got the green one for me, and my wife chose the orange (that is more yellow in my opinion). Both are really a nice change from the regular black/brown you usually get, but it might stain more easily of you were to check it in, which hopefully will not happen.
* quality: I was expecting less for the price. If you avoid checking it in, it should last a while. Fabric and zippers feel durable. The handle might be the weakest part, as it does not feel that strong, but so far, so good.
* the small piece fits on top of the bigger one, and has a strap to be attached to the handle. In this configuration, getting out of the plane, switching plane and walking in the airport is very convenient, as you only need one hand for both pieces.
* The small piece is the perfect size to fit a tablet or a kindle, as well as whatever you would need close to you during the flight or for your trip. I am able to fit: full size headphones, one tablet, one travel guide, a collapsible umbrella.
* For me, this set size is enough for a few days trip. But it might be too small for others. This is hard to comment on this.

A few minor points that explain the 4 star rating:
* when I received the set, the chemical smell was quite strong. The smell went away fairly quickly by leaving the pieces open for a few days in a well ventilated room. But it would have been great if the manufacturer took care of removing the smell for me.
* When you expand the bigger piece, and fill it completely, it will loose it's balance and not be able to stand vertically by itself. This is not too much of an issue as I did use only this feature once. To try to make it better on the way back, I tried to put the heavier items first, and toward the bottom. Balance was better, but I could tell it was still close from falling if I was to let it stand there.
22 comments| 484 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2016
I purchased this to use as a carry on for an airplane, and have since used it for all of my traveling. It very easily fits in an upper compartment of an airplane. It is very well made, and holds an amazing amount. The handle retracts easily, and it pulls very smoothly in all directions. Most recently we went to Canada for ten days, and I was able to fit everything I needed for the trip. It was summer, so it was mostly shorts and short sleeve shirts, a hoodie, a lightweight jacket, two pairs of sandals, my makeup case and toiletries, pajamas, curling iron, etc with plenty of room to spare. I very highly recommend this suitcase. I purchased this set for the suitcase and have not yet used the tote bag that came with it, but appears to be of good quality as well.
on August 12, 2015
I bought this hoping it was as nice as it looked, but seeing the PRICE I was doubtful! I was pleasantly SURPRISED and THRILLED when it arrived! The QUALITY and price was right on as described! The color options are fantastic! I wanted a bag that stood out next to all of the other bags. Because of the size of this bag, I had no trouble fitting it into the overhead compartment. I could have gotten BOTH BAGS in the bin if I had wanted to! My bag was actually much smaller than other bags in the overhead compartment! MUCH SMALLER! I bought this set for a 6 DAY Girl's Getaway and I was able to get everything I needed in only the larger bag. Now I know that I can take the smaller bag as my carry-on when I fly to the Caribbean this summer. There are several features that I love about the bags. There are straps inside the larger bag that holds your clothes in place and even a zippered section if you want to use it. I did not use it. My favorite feature is the many pockets on the outside of both bags. I was able to stow my medications in one zippered pocket making them handy for getting past the TSA quickly. I used another to stash my phone and laptop chargers so they are easy to find!
on April 27, 2017
I saw some negative reviews about this suitcase. I bought it for a trip home and it worked wonderfully. purchased the "one size" size and recieved both bags. Unsure what the other size means or why it's so much more expensive. That's why I give it 4 stars, totally unclear what that means. I took a risk and got it, and totally worth the money. I fit easily 5 days worth of clothes a pair of tennis shoes, toiletries, and books in it without issue. Also comes with a cheapo travel lock. Main pocket has interlocking zippers which is great.
on July 10, 2017
Weekly business traveler here. I've been using this one for almost a year now. It has held up very well with all the travel I do. It is my big carry-on that is often valet-checked at the gate, so it takes a lot of rolling through airports and by baggage handlers. Aside from the fabric being a little scuffed, it is in great condition. The wheel profile is small, so it's not hard to fit in the overhead bin. Lots of pockets to store items separately. I especially like small one on the top outside to hold my liquids for easy removal if needed in those airports that don't have a Pre-check.

This is expandable too, so in those rare times I need more than a weeks worth of clothing, it can handle it. The only issue I have is the telescoping handle which gets a little stuck when I pull on it. I have to give it an extra tug to get it all the way up and locked.

I went with the green one, and so glad I did. I can spot it quickly amongst the sea of black bags.

I honestly can't attest much to the smaller bag. I've only used it a few times early on, but got a slightly larger "diaper bag" from Hop Skip to hold my computer and a ton of other electronics and work related stuff.

All in all, you get an awesome bag that is lighter weight than a bunch of the more expensive bags that I reviewed before deciding on this one.

Update:. So I've been using this bag every week for business travel. I keep looking at some of those expensive bags and still find mine is much better for the money spent. The issue I reported above with the telescoping handle is the only problem I can bring up for review. All I ask is that you please don't get the green one as mine stands out on a baggage carousel or at the end of the jetway!
on June 17, 2017
I originally bought this bag because the nasty yellow color is easy to spot on a carousel, but this little bag has impressed me in other ways. The purpose of luggage is to absorb the abuse so your stuff doesn't have to. You can spend a lot of money on a super-rugged bag and hope it lasts a long time, or you can spend a little money on one of these and be impressed at how far your money goes. This is the second time I've purchased this exact bag, because I finally wore out the first one (the zipper on the bag-expander broke...everything else still works). I've flown this bag all over the world, usually checked instead of carried on, and it has stood up well to the abuse.
on June 26, 2016
Ordered the two-piece set in mustard/orange. I have to say, this set was much smaller than expected. My girlfriend did not read the description fully and underestimated the reviews. Listen to the reviews. The larger of the two bags is small enough to sit in my desk chair and does not reach from armrest to armrest when laid on it's side. It will be perfect for my luggage for a week-long trip, but my girlfriend would only be able to get one or two days out of this bag. It has one large mesh pocket on the top flap, then is just the open section inside. It does have straps to hold down your garments. The two outer pockets do seem like they would hold quite a bit and the fabric seems sturdy enough. The smaller bag is basically the size of a purse or lunchbox, and is just the main section except for the pocket on the outside. My girlfriend loves the color and it will be easy to locate, though at this size, it will definitely be a carry-on. The zippers seem fairly sturdy, though the included lock is definitely just for show. Haven't gotten to travel with it yet, but will update once we do.

Pros:
Unique coloring
Zippers seem sturdy
Outer material seems like it would hold up well

Cons:
It's smaller than expected
Limited organizational pockets
review image review image review image review image
on January 22, 2017
This took me to Spain, London UK, and Germany plus back here to the USA. Love the size, and I had no problem getting it to fit and any size overhead bin.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.