Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,365 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,495 reviews
on December 20, 2012
I needed these in a pinch for travel i was going on and chose it based on its size, reviews, and available colors. I liked that i could get a different color than a standard plain black, and the green suited me just fine, and also if a friend ever needed to borrow it it would be gender neutral as opposed to a pink one (which i would have loved lol). Though true to other reviews the green color is NOT as bright and pretty as it appears on the photo, it is a little more muted, but a little more woodsy than olive id say. I have a ton of pics i took from various angles of all its features and even with it stuff full but i don't see where i can post them on this particular items page. :(

I have no complaints over the durability of the suitcase (i don't use the mini one) kinda stupid, don't know if anyone ever uses them, not big enough for my laptop. So the suitcase will be the main point of my review.

The item held up just fine and had no problems with it as a carry on. I flew through American Airlines for all flights and never once had any question of its size/weight issue and didn't have to check it. It rolled smoothly through the airport. the wheels worked well and had no issues with the handle. extended/retracted simple and quickly with a push of the button on top. there was an occasional tip or flip, but i attribute that to my handling of the bag as its a narrower than a larger one so it was easy to accidentally twist when pulling it up next to you, But that was mainly just how i was handling it.

It can actually fit a pretty good amount of stuff in it. I had 2 pairs of jeans, house sweats, yoga style sweats, 8 shirts, 10 underwear and a couple bras, 4 pairs of socks, and a pair of low profile sneakers, pair of flats, and heels. Oh and an extra hoodie on top of all of that. Also had my makeup bag stashed in it too. All that WITHOUT the use of the 3" extender that unzips if you need it. I didn't want to risk having to check it. However on one of my flights, to/from an airforce base in a tiny plane, they had no room for carry ons so they had to be checked (no fee i might add) and it help up fine against their rough handling.

Made it through the airports 6 times and came home in just as good condition as we left. Fortunately no scuffs or marks from being handled by agents or thrown on the belt or plane, and held a ton of stuff! all the intimates and socks and things were stowed in the zip mesh pocket on the inside, packed shoes in the bottom, then pants, then tops, then hoodie,

I am very please with the durability and quality of this piece for a pretty decent price. It did what i needed it to do and did its job well. i really have no complaints about it at all and can't wait to go on another trip with it.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments| 878 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2016
I recommend this set to all my family and friends. I had won a blue set from an Amazon giveaway right at the time I was looking for luggage for our Christmas Vacation. It was perfect so I ordered 3 more sets, the yellow set, the purple set and the green set. The luggage is the correct carry on size and the smaller bag can fit under the set on the plane. They roll great and my kids were able to handle their own luggage. As you can tell from pictures, the smaller bag fits on top of the bigger bag perfectly.
review image review image review image review image
11 comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
I have owned this carry-on set for about 6 months now, and got to use it for a few trips (3 weekend getaways, and 2 five day trips).

Since I do not travel a lot, I did not want to pay too much for a luggage set. This one fits the bill perfectly.

Here are the good points I see:
* the price is right. I will not be mad if one day I have to check the luggage in, and the airline looses them.
* it is a real carry-on for ANY airline: sure, some airlines will accept over-sized carry-on. But the day the plane is really full, they start being picky and asking people to check the carry-on in. With this set, you would be very unlucky if it was to happen to you. Also, rolling it down the aisle is easy as the bigger piece is narrow.
* color is nice. I got the green one for me, and my wife chose the orange (that is more yellow in my opinion). Both are really a nice change from the regular black/brown you usually get, but it might stain more easily of you were to check it in, which hopefully will not happen.
* quality: I was expecting less for the price. If you avoid checking it in, it should last a while. Fabric and zippers feel durable. The handle might be the weakest part, as it does not feel that strong, but so far, so good.
* the small piece fits on top of the bigger one, and has a strap to be attached to the handle. In this configuration, getting out of the plane, switching plane and walking in the airport is very convenient, as you only need one hand for both pieces.
* The small piece is the perfect size to fit a tablet or a kindle, as well as whatever you would need close to you during the flight or for your trip. I am able to fit: full size headphones, one tablet, one travel guide, a collapsible umbrella.
* For me, this set size is enough for a few days trip. But it might be too small for others. This is hard to comment on this.

A few minor points that explain the 4 star rating:
* when I received the set, the chemical smell was quite strong. The smell went away fairly quickly by leaving the pieces open for a few days in a well ventilated room. But it would have been great if the manufacturer took care of removing the smell for me.
* When you expand the bigger piece, and fill it completely, it will loose it's balance and not be able to stand vertically by itself. This is not too much of an issue as I did use only this feature once. To try to make it better on the way back, I tried to put the heavier items first, and toward the bottom. Balance was better, but I could tell it was still close from falling if I was to let it stand there.
22 comments| 482 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2010
I bought this set for a recent trip, and was pleased with how well it was constructed. It even had a nice interior cover that can be zipped over your clothes and includes a sort of compression strap system that was helpful in getting everything packed in there. The collapsible handle is sturdy and locks in place to prevent damage by overly enthusiastic baggage handlers. It also has convenient carry handles on the top and bottom to aid in retrieving the bag from an overhead bin. The smaller bag was perfect as a carry-on. I used it to hold my books, iPod, etc.

Just be aware that if you take advantage of the expansion panel feature on the bag it may not fit in an airline overhead compartment. I had to check the larger bag on the way back because I had opened up the expansion panels and stuffed it full.

I definitely recommend this luggage.
88 comments| 670 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2016
I am still shocked at how cheap this was but how good quality it is! for less than 40 bucks you get a decent sized carry-on suitcase and a small personal bag. The carry-on is expandable so you can totally fit a weeks worth of clothing and toiletries. I didn't notice any tears or fraying on my suit case and the zippers are sturdy and do not come off. It actually comes with a lock as well! The inside of the suitcase is all black and is pretty structured. If you want to take a short vacation and not bring anything back with you this is the perfect luggage.
review image review image
on February 18, 2017
Hello
If you travel occasionally and want a carry on that complies with airline regulations for the overhead bin in plane this will work for most. My spouse needed new carryon suitcase that would meet airline requirements. This fit the bill and she liked the color too.. For the price it is a good value. No it probably won't last over 50 trips but we only fly once a year so it meets our needs. If you travel dozens of times each year you will want something more sturdy but it worked for us.
on February 21, 2016
Got these for a three day trip to NC and they worked out nicely. Way roomier than I expected, kept on putting stuff in and found there was room for a little more. Should have practice-packed a few times to better appreciate the usable space inside. Turns out I could have brought another pair of boots... on the plus side I have a nice new pair of boots ;-)
Down in NC for three days and they are still good, tiny scuff mark makes it look like I've done this before. No complaints about durability, one trip, no issues: handles are still handy, straps are strapping, extender extends, lock-thing still locks. not the most substantial piece of luggage I have ever owned but more than adequate for it's purpose.
the personal item thing has a strap that fits over the handles. heavily stitched on both ends so it shouldn't come loose, hook-and-loop fasteners in the middle secure it to the uprights so it won't get tippy in transit.
review image
on May 17, 2017
I've had this set for a while now and use it whenever I travel. I have had no rips or tears occur at all. Luggage is very good quality and I love the matching set. It fits perfectly as a carry-on. I use the smaller of the two bags for my toiletries and the larger for all my clothes and my laptop. The larger bag has straps inside that hold down everything so I can fit a ton of stuff in it. I tend to overpack and I don't like to pay extra for a checked bag so these are awesome.
on August 27, 2016
I purchased this to use as a carry on for an airplane, and have since used it for all of my traveling. It very easily fits in an upper compartment of an airplane. It is very well made, and holds an amazing amount. The handle retracts easily, and it pulls very smoothly in all directions. Most recently we went to Canada for ten days, and I was able to fit everything I needed for the trip. It was summer, so it was mostly shorts and short sleeve shirts, a hoodie, a lightweight jacket, two pairs of sandals, my makeup case and toiletries, pajamas, curling iron, etc with plenty of room to spare. I very highly recommend this suitcase. I purchased this set for the suitcase and have not yet used the tote bag that came with it, but appears to be of good quality as well.
on August 12, 2015
I bought this hoping it was as nice as it looked, but seeing the PRICE I was doubtful! I was pleasantly SURPRISED and THRILLED when it arrived! The QUALITY and price was right on as described! The color options are fantastic! I wanted a bag that stood out next to all of the other bags. Because of the size of this bag, I had no trouble fitting it into the overhead compartment. I could have gotten BOTH BAGS in the bin if I had wanted to! My bag was actually much smaller than other bags in the overhead compartment! MUCH SMALLER! I bought this set for a 6 DAY Girl's Getaway and I was able to get everything I needed in only the larger bag. Now I know that I can take the smaller bag as my carry-on when I fly to the Caribbean this summer. There are several features that I love about the bags. There are straps inside the larger bag that holds your clothes in place and even a zippered section if you want to use it. I did not use it. My favorite feature is the many pockets on the outside of both bags. I was able to stow my medications in one zippered pocket making them handy for getting past the TSA quickly. I used another to stash my phone and laptop chargers so they are easy to find!