Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on May 19, 2011
I'll be honest, I haven't taken this on a trip yet. I bought mine for a long trip to Korea in August. However, I took mine apart, toyed with it all, and stress tested all the handles, wheels, and zippers. It's pretty sturdy for the most part and has good stitching and fastening on the main handles. The zippers ran relatively smooth and didn't catch on any of the inside material or anything (a major pet peeve of mine). The zippers are pretty large too which makes it easy, and it comes with simple locks for basic security. There's not many compartments on the set (the pics reveal all), but for the average traveler it should be sufficient. The look of it is also really nice (I bought the charcoal set) and it seems like great luggage for an affordable price.

One thing I'd worry about and stress test in advance: the extending handles used for rolling around on each one. These do seem rather flimsy, especially the release button for it. I'd recommend playing with each a few times and pulling firmly to see if it'll hold without breaking. Mine held fine but I can see where people may snap there's accidentally (especially if you're not careful). I'd be curious if people would give more specifics as to what broke on their handles (the release button, the telescoping part, or the actual handle itself). I'm also curious whether they were using this handle to carry the luggage or if it broke just rolling it around.

Just buy in advance and test it all out well before you leave, don't blind buy and never try it until you pack for the airport.

Update 6/20/11: I took these to Vegas for a weekend trip and they held up well. I used the handles and pulled them around for a while on the trip. I had to take these around the airport for hours since my flight was cancelled and I checked in a two hotels. For a single weekend I got a lot of use out of them and they were sturdy. Everything held up perfectly.

Update 7/23/11: I moved from Los Angeles to Seoul, Korea, then to Gwangju, Korea. This set has had its fair share of use by now and I've been lugging it around a lot in the past couple weeks in Korea. It's still going great and holding up perfectly under stress. No issues whatsoever.

Update 3/28/12: This luggage is still awesome. I took it to Tokyo, Japan for a week and carted it around a lot on subways, trains, stairs, etc. and it's still perfectly intact.

Final update 10/23/12: I noticed this review is the highest now so I'll make one last update. STILL perfect after traveling across SE Asia. I even mailed the medium piece ground (boat) from Korea to the States. The package was beat up but the luggage was still undamaged.

Okay, I lied. ONE last update: 6/16: It FINALLY broke!! After about 5 years, the handle broke off the main piece. I regret nothing!
1212 comments| 1,021 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2012
I was so impressed with the review by "SocraticMethod" and all the other positive reviews that I ignored "Maxwellhse" pics and review as a fluke occurance. Not so.
We just returned from our cruise and I am very sorry to have to say "DO NOT BUY THIS LUGGAGE!" The handle pulled off of 2 cases (largest & the carry-on) as the car service driver was taking them out of the trunk BEFORE the cruise. Sharp metal shards from where the handle broke cut his hand quite badly. The handles on the SIDE of the cases are strong, but the handles on top are attached by light metal clips that break easily. We used the side handles and telescoping handles to get the pieces on-board the ship. 4th day into the cruise, the zipper broke on the medium case's top outside pocket. Finally, the telescoping handle on the the carry-on broke in the airport coming home. All this happened the first time we used the pieces. I am very disappointed. Luckily for us,we are still w/in the return period. I just printed my return label.
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2013
These are used, smell of perfume, have torn handles, scuffs all over the plastic, stains on outside, ink stains on inside. CLEARLY USED and sold as NEW to me from AMAZON (not a seller, this is AMAZON doing this). Although these were probably garbage to begin with, HOW DARE THEY SELL THIS DEPLORABLE ITEM AS NEW? You're going to tell me that NO ONE noticed this condition? Bull! I before even trying to get the set out of the box I could smell perfume. The leather handles for carrying the luggage is torn on the two larger cases and the expandable handle for rolling is so jammed in the track that you can only pull it out about 4 inches. I would STEER CLEAR OF AMAZON for buying any type of luggage. YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL GET. IF you need to guarantee you have a good set for travel (right before a trip, as I did) make sure you can INSPECT the item first. I USED TO love amazon but I am so shocked that they would try to pass this off as a NEW item. TSK TSK! (Of course, I can't figure out how to get my pictures on to help warn others) Would have given this NO STARS but that wouldn't allow me to get the word out there.
on September 8, 2014
DO NOT BUY!!! We have had this set of luggage for just over a year. We have taken it on two air flights and two cruises. EVERY single time, something breaks. The aluminum telescoping tubes cannot handle luggage stacking in the cargo hold of the plane. they bend and kink easily. the telescoping handle feature will then no longer work. Two of the suitcases front pockets are tearing off. the leather on the case handles tears easily. the plastic handles on the telescoping part break easily. I tend to be frugal and have made every repair possible by switching out parts between the different pieces of luggage, but there is only so much superglue and zipties can do. It is not a bargain buy. stay away!
on March 28, 2014
I purchased this luggage set specifically to travel from Charlotte, NC, to St. Croix, USVI. It arrived in St. Croix with a zipper pull completely broken off. The smallest carry on bag, that you can carry over your shoulder, ripped at the seam, and I never even placed it in an overhead bin. What a waste of money. Even with a warranty, I did not want to replace the broken 2 pieces. Why would I want to replace it when it fell apart at the seams on the first use. I sent it back. Maybe it's okay for car travel, but definitely not okay for air travel. Back to looking for a more durable set of luggage, not made by this company.
on March 6, 2013
I purchased 2 sets of this luggage in june 2012. The first test was a family trip to Alaska where the handle on the large suitcase broke on the trip out. I continued to use the luggage on further trips without any issues. I recently decided to start using the carry on bag as my regular business trip bag. (I travel at least twice per month). On recent trip the handle on this bag broke as I was picking up the bag. In this instance since I was holding the bag I was able to more closely examine the handle and how it is attached. It is done with a very thin piece of metal which I am surprised lasted as long as it did. If you push fill the bag up you are going to have an issue. If you keep weight to 15 pounds it should be OK. I recently bought a more expensive carry on and have learned my lesson that sometimes items are cheaply priced for a reason.
on March 17, 2013
When this product arrived, I was impressed with the perceived quality for the price. However, the trip I was using for was about a month away. When I finally used it, I was very disappointed. First of all, the zippers are poor. Ours kept popping apart or not closing properly around the corners. We did not overpack them (they were well under 50 pounds for the big one and less than 10-15 pounds on the smaller ones. However, before arriving at the airport...just by picking it up by the handle, the handle broke! Also, the plastic handles used to pull the cases do not lock open properly and are constantly falling back into the suitcase.

I love Amazon and am VERY happy with many of the products I buy....just not this one in particular.
on February 9, 2013
I just used the largest bag and the shoulder bag to go from Ohio to the Pacific Northwest last weekend. Both bags did very well on the trip which included changing planes in Chicago and driving from Seattle to Eugene, OR and back. I was worried about the baggage handlers but there weren't any problems. The only thing I would caution anyone on is the oolor they select. I didnt think about it when I bought this and I got the silver set. When I picked up the bag in Seattle the silver on the front of the bag showed dirt spots all over it and the airline said that is considered "normal wear and tear" since there is always dirt on the conveyer. I disagree with it being "normal" to look like that but just in case, stay away from the silver. The only reason I give this 4 stars and not 5 is because I cant speak for the quality of the other two bags. Overall, great purchase and I would reccomend this set.
on December 14, 2011
I am very satisfited with this product. I was skeptical at first due to the low price, but decided to order it because of all the great reviews. I am glad I did!
I gave this set to my husband for his b-day and he loved it. We travel 5-6 times a year for pleasure. So I was looking for a durable set that will hold a lot of things.
I ordered the black one, because I hate it when suitcases get dirty with time. It's really easy to recognize at baggage claim, despite its dark color.
The suitcases are extremely well-made and spacious. This is the first time that I wasn't able to fill up a suitcase in my life... and I really tried.
I packed 10-days worth of clothing for a 4-day trip just to test it. And it held very well. We flew from NYC to Las Vegas and back. And both the large and the middle suitcases look like they are brand new.
on February 25, 2012
I bought this entire set for less than my mom spent to buy the one suitcase I was replacing. I was worried that at such a good price, they would not be sturdy or last long. I was surprised when I received them, they seemed quite sturdy. I have flown with one bag, and it shows no sign of wear. The more expensive suitcase my mom bought had tears inside and out after its first flight, so I was happy this one didn't show any signs of wear. The lining inside seems strong, and unlikely to rip, as do the handles. The wheels and extendable handle worked perfectly, and seem like they will hold up for a while.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.